Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,496,880 Views | 13672 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Serotonin
FHKChE07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Like his or just one at retail. At retail they are about $5k
Guitarsoup
AG
jayelbee said:

What does a McQueen Monaco fetch these days new?
You want the CAW211P reference and the MSRP is about $6100. New Grey markets sometimes get as low at 4500, but right now, mostly see 5-5.5k.
Post removed:
by user
Guitarsoup
AG
It's my second most worn watch. I've really enjoyed it.
Farmer1906
AG
I had the CS2111

A few things that stuck out to me.
  • It was thicc. Thicker than my sub.
  • It wears a lot bigger than 38 mm due to it being a square face
  • The calfskin strap took a while to break in.

It was a fun and kinda unique watch, but it ended up sitting on my dresser or winder too often.
FalconAg06
Finally got one, coming in tomorrow. I've been waiting for this green/rose gold President and finally a tiny AD in Iowa that I passed through while traveling from South Dakota to Omaha called me and came through.

Will post pics when it comes in.
schmendeler
AG
The new Moon Watch was unveiled officially, today it looks like. No major changes, but a decent upgrade to the accuracy of the movement. Now METAS certified.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/the-omega-speedmaster-professional-moonwatch-master-chronometer-with-co-axial-caliber-3861
FalconAg06
Sedna gold model looks sick
FHKChE07
AG
I have the CAW2113 and I love it. It catches a lot of attention though because it has the Gulf colors but I don't think it wears to big and I am not a big guy at all.

AlaskanAg08
AG
I really like the new bracelet...but not enough to buy the new one. This is mainly because my speedy is only 2 months old lol!
schmendeler
AG
yeah i wouldn't either!
RVAg02
AG
Does it seem like the new bracelet might help the speedy fit a smaller wrist? If I read it right, it's more segmented and comfortable.
schmendeler
AG
that was my impression from the article.
FalconAg06
FalconAg06

BBRex
AG
I love that watch in the Gulf colors. It's a beauty.
Diggity
AG
I agree.

I guess I didn't realize there were so many watches connected with Gulf and racing. Pretty cool series

https://www.thegentlemanracer.com/2018/08/gulf-racing-inspired-watches.html
Post removed:
by user
FHKChE07
AG
I like it so much more than other racing watches. I love the gulf colors. I love the fact that they were the face of america vs europe at Le Mans. I love the uniqueness. They are great watches.
BoDog
AG
DavidSW has a new Snoopy Speedy on his site for $35k. That is a watch that "retails" for $9600. Let that sink in for a second. Crazy but the damn thing will probably be sold by the weekend.

Last year my I bought my Rolex Batman for $14k. Guy who sold it to me emailed me in December and offered $17k.

I am not sure what economic term should be used to describe the gray watch market but to say its a racket is an understatement-though it is people like me/us that treat watches almost like a drug and thus the cycle continues.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Think i got my grail

And might as well sneak my budget tropical in here that i picked up a couple months ago.

Edit: less glare pic... guess i need to get the crystal polished
FTAC2011
AG
If anybody has been wanting one of these I just picked this up. It's only been worn a couple times and purchased a couple weeks ago.

At the store it's 12k plus tax = $12,990

I'll sell it for 12,400.
FTAC2011
AG
Cheapest on Chrono24 is 13k plus a 7.5% buying fee which is around 14k and it's not as good of shape.
FalconAg06
FTAC2011 said:

If anybody has been wanting one of these I just picked this up. It's only been worn a couple times and purchased a couple weeks ago.

I'll sell it for 12,400.

Hey now. Drop some contact info
FTAC2011
AG
Crob@aggienetwork.com
schmendeler
AG
FTAC2011 said:

I'll sell it for 12,400.

i like this bling.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Might need to send this one to the wife
FalconAg06
Dropped you an email.
AlaskanAg08
AG
I guess I have a dumb question- but I'll go ahead and ask it. Wife and I are wanting to each get a Rolex for our 40th in a few years. I want to buy a new Pepsi GMT and she wants a Datejust, is there a dealer in Houston who will actually put me on a list in hopes of it working out in 4 years? People keep telling me that it will take at least 4 years to get the GMT from an AD.
FalconAg06
AlaskanAg08 said:

I guess I have a dumb question- but I'll go ahead and ask it. Wife and I are wanting to each get a Rolex for our 40th in a few years. I want to buy a new Pepsi GMT and she wants a Datejust, is there a dealer in Houston who will actually put me on a list in hopes of it working out in 4 years? People keep telling me that it will take at least 4 years to get the GMT from an AD.

My friend, I have probably spent $400,000 on watches over the last 4 years and I have been on a wait list for the pepsi gmt for that entire time.

In short, no. They have no reason to give you one. It will sell for MSRP and they will give it to a whale customer
FTAC2011
AG
Responded
RVAg02
AG
FalconAg06 said:

AlaskanAg08 said:

My friend, I have probably spent $400,000 on watches over the last 4 years and I have been on a wait list for the pepsi gmt for that entire time.

In short, no. They have no reason to give you one. It will sell for MSRP and they will give it to a whale customer
That is literally the most depressing thing I have read on TexAgs in a long time.
Camo
FalconAg06 said:

AlaskanAg08 said:

i just cried a little
First Page Last Page
Page 84 of 391

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.