Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,499,936 Views | 13684 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by ChemAg15
AlaskanAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's not hate. It's mockery. I don't care how much it cost. It's the bro-dozer pavement queens of trucks look.

Now tell me how much you spend custom fitting your left cuff.
TP Ag '87
AG
I always have a hard time thinking a big mostly silver watch (band) looks "right" alongside my antiqued Aggie ring. Hence, I've gravitated to strap/black bands over the last few years.
RVAg02
AG
quote:
quote:
Why does one need 3 black divers? Is your collection enormous?

I just like them. It consists of a Rolex Submariner, which is the watch that has always popped into my mind when I think of a watch; an Omega Seamaster, which I fell in love with when they released the 2254.50; and a Seiko SKX007, which is probably the best bang for the buck watch out there. I have other watches as well which aren't black divers, but the black divers are just what I really like.
I have pretty pathetic girly wrists. 6.5-6.75" Is the SKX007 going to be too big?
Farmer1906
AG
Gold band?
Texaggie7nine
And to think... some of the people on this thread have been known to toss around the term "beer snob" as an insult on beer threads.....
7nine
TP Ag '87
AG
If you're replying to me re: gold band, I just don't care for that much gold. Guess 2-tones would work.
Kurt Gowdy
AG
quote:
Where would be the best place to find one?
Ebay, Amazon, Timezone Sales Corner.

It shouldn't be too big on your wrist - it's a very modestly sized watch that doesn't wear very big at all.

Google this guy: "yobokies"

He customizes skx007's into awesome pieces. He did a planet ocean mod for me a few years ago. You email him what you want, pics, etc., and he customizes the watch in Hong Kong and sends it to you.

Diggity
AG
It's best not to get too concerned about matching your watch with everything.
TP Ag '87
AG
I get kinda anal sometimes: watch/Aggie ring; belt/shoes, underwear/socks (too far? joking)

schmendeler
AG
quote:
quote:
Where would be the best place to find one?
Ebay, Amazon, Timezone Sales Corner.

It shouldn't be too big on your wrist - it's a very modestly sized watch that doesn't wear very big at all.

Google this guy: "yobokies"

He customizes skx007's into awesome pieces. He did a planet ocean mod for me a few years ago. You email him what you want, pics, etc., and he customizes the watch in Hong Kong and sends it to you.

have a pic of it?
Kurt Gowdy
AG
I do not - I've since sold it.

It was very similar to this:

schmendeler
AG
sharp
David_Puddy
AG
Thinking I may pull the trigger on this guy in the coming weeks.....

Ducks4brkfast
AG
Damn
RVAg02
AG
Very nice. I like the black with TT. That's partly why I like the Hulk. Something different.

I think I may be headed towards a Hulk and a Seiko 007. I like divers and want the more unique Rolex. A Speedy and Hulk would be more ideal but don't have that amount of coin lying around for watches.
Diggity
AG
what does he charge for those things...approximately?

Diggity
AG
I just asked him about this one. Nice little homage to the Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre

RVAg02
AG
Interested in what he wants for those
Diggity
AG
I'll let you know when I hear back.
Daytona22
AG
I know this thread started out about where to buy a watch at. I would second anyone in the market that is going to be in Vegas anytime soon that it is the place to buy. You can usually get two jewelers to bid against each other in bringing the price down some. Having it shipped is the best way to do it. I've done a few this way.

Love the Omega seamaster for the entry level "high end" watch followed by moving up a bracket to the Rolex Submariner, IWC Ingenieur and then my preference on the 20k range is an AP Royal Oak.
captkirk
AG
quote:
I just asked him about this one. Nice little homage to the Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre

What is this and where can I get one?
RVAg02
AG
quote:

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=482233
Zobel
AG
Diver on a nato strap. You like the watch or the strap?
Guitarsoup
AG
My collection (using stock pics rather than actually taking pics b/c I am lazy. )

1959 Rolex Oyster Perpetual. Belonged to my great grandfather, who I was named after. Runs perfectly. Has a brown ostrich band.

Rolex Presidential. Don't know year. My uncle currently wears it, but it was willed to me from my grandfather.

1968 Rolex Datejust Belonged to my father, needs to be fixed and I have a bigger wrist and have no clue where the extra links he took out are.

Omega Planet Ocean 45mm- Daily Wear watch

Garmin Vivoactive HR - Have to track working out, etc. Turned off the watch face for a workout face.

I also have a pocket watch from my great-great grandfather that I haven't looked at in forever. I think it is a Hamilton.

What I want:

IWC Portuguese Chronograph.

Omega Speedmaster - love the history behind it and it is a fantastic looking watch.

Rolex Yachtmaster. I'm not really a metal bracelet guy, but Rolex now has the Yachtmaster with the Rose Gold and rubber strap. I tried this on when I was in Vegas and April and really love it. Didn't think I would ever want a rose gold watch, but here it is. Love the contrasting black and gold. Even if you don't like a rubber strap, you have to try this on. At over $20k, not happening any time soon for me.

The Heuer Monaco. Not the new Tag version, but the old late 60s/early 70s version.

Kurt Gowdy
AG
I paid $280 for it in 2012.

The watch itself is $235 on Amazon today - so roughly $50 in modification fees.

I sold it for $250 on watchuseek.
Diggity
AG
Nice collection there!

I was never a rose gold fan either, but the combination of matte-black and small amounts of gold look really nice.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
I paid $280 for it in 2012.

The watch itself is $235 on Amazon today - so roughly $50 in modification fees.

I sold it for $250 on watchuseek.

Do you send him your watch? Or does he buy one for you?
Kurt Gowdy
AG
He sources everything.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
David_Puddy
AG
quote:
quote:

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=482233

Found one on ebay brand new with box & papers for just over that price. With that scratch on the crystal, I'd be heistant to pay that much. Thanks for posting that though.
David_Puddy
AG
That yacht-master is sick
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Rolex Presidential.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
Rolex Presidential.

Yeah. My uncle likes putting on a show. I can't see myself every wearing a solid gold presidential around. I wear shorts pretty much every day. I can't see wearing shorts and flip flops, getting out of my 2007 Hyundai wearing a solid gold Presidential.

My grandfather had it as long as I can remember, though. Probably bought in the early 60s.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
Nice collection there!

I was never a rose gold fan either, but the combination of matte-black and small amounts of gold look really nice.
Rose gold is coming back right now. My stepdad has a dress rose gold watch that is new and I just don't like it. But the rose gold with the matte black is great.

My only question is will it still look great in 30 years? I like the timelessness of the Daytona or Oyster Perpetual. But will that rose gold/matte black still be timeless when my kid is inheriting watches?
David_Puddy
AG
Could wear it photographing Aggie games and probably get a thumbs up from Sumlin.
First Page Last Page
Page 8 of 391

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.