Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,499,036 Views | 13684 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by ChemAg15
LGBFJB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks guys. Great info.

Would you recommend buying from Bob's or finding someone local?
aTm2004
AG
Go head to a few ADs to see what they have first. You may get lucky and find a new sub or something. If you do, snatch it up and wear it or flip it for double.
Diggity
AG
Is this your dad?

BBRex
AG
This is probably what I would get. The gold markers and hands are subtle.

schmendeler
AG
BBRex said:

This is probably what I would get. The gold markers and hands are subtle.

that's nice. i really like the fluted gold bezel on other versions, though.
Farmer1906
AG
Here is my baby.

schmendeler
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Here is my baby.

that's an impressive display case you have
FTAC2011
AG
Franklins said:

Thanks guys. Great info.

Would you recommend buying from Bob's or finding someone local?

No pressure here, but if you do decide you want to go local, hit me up. I've helped a couple people on TexAgs get some luxury watches. It's my side business. I can usually get you what you want for less than bobs watches, Chrono 24, etc.
Daytona22
AG
Thanks to Falcon for convincing me to go ahead and take my AD up on a new sub. Not much noticeable difference you can see or feel in person. Was their second call so the first guy took the Kermit.

FTAC2011
AG
Very cool man!
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Marauder Blue 6
AG
I saw a mock-up on IG of a gold Sub with black face and half black/half green ceramic bezel. I've never been a fan of gold watches but this one actually looked pretty sweet. I wish I could find the post.
RVAg02
AG
Daytona22 said:

Thanks to Falcon for convincing me to go ahead and take my AD up on a new sub. Not much noticeable difference you can see or feel in person. Was their second call so the first guy took the Kermit.

I don't know. I can see a difference. I have the "old" one and although I love it, I always wondered if I'd like slightly thinner lugs. Sadly, I don't have your sway with the AD so it will be a few years before I can get my hands on one. Maybe get a new Kermit.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
third coast.. said:

That sounds incredibly busy.
Not as busy as this GMT.

TitanAGGIE09
AG
The "Root Beer"

I kind of like it.
Post removed:
by user
FTAC2011
AG
It's amazing in person. Had one just a couple weeks ago.
RVAg02
AG
Any thought that they would update the GMT?
Daytona22
AG
That's something I still have yet to add to the collection. Love the Batman you just picked up.
Daytona22
AG
Yeah I was hesitant at first as well. Not a huge noticeable difference. At the end of the day, We are having a boy in a few weeks, our first born. Thought this would be a really cool birth watch to pass along to him one day.

When the time is right I'd love to pick up a coke birth year watch to add to the collection.
Post removed:
by user
K Bo
Guitarsoup
AG
Do you list what you have anywhere online?
FTAC2011
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Do you list what you have anywhere online?

I'm working on making a website, but at the moment the only thing I have is my Instagram (in that photo). My main business model is sourcing though. So if you know what you want, I can find it using my jeweler contacts.
Guitarsoup
AG
Gotcha, I don't think I need anything else, but I am dumb, so might buy something just because. Just followed you. How much was that Champagne Presidential?
FTAC2011
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Gotcha, I don't think I need anything else, but I am dumb, so might buy something just because. Just followed you. How much was that Champagne Presidential?

That one was super cheap because it had an aftermarket gold bracelet. It was a long time ago but I think less than 7k is what I sold it for. It was reference 1803 non quickset.
BoDog
AG
sorry if i missed it, but what is your Instagram account?
FTAC2011
AG
@freezeframetime
Guitarsoup
AG
Gotcha. My gold presidential was stolen, so it is always in the back of my mind to replace it. But that's a ton of money for a watch I wouldn't wear often and a Daytona is more my style if we are getting into that 10k+ range.
FTAC2011
AG
Thanks for the watch @daytona22
Daytona22
AG
Glad we were able to make it all work out! Nice to meet a fellow watch enthusiast. Hopefully we can do it again sometime soon.
FalconAg06
Daytona22 said:

Yeah I was hesitant at first as well. Not a huge noticeable difference. At the end of the day, We are having a boy in a few weeks, our first born. Thought this would be a really cool birth watch to pass along to him one day.

When the time is right I'd love to pick up a coke birth year watch to add to the collection.

Awesome watch man, glad I could convince you to buy it. I'm sure your kiddo will love it.
FalconAg06
Got some of the boys out for a cleaning. Picked up the DSSD last week at Thomas Markle.

They had gotten two of the black face green bezel subs in but they were sold, I at least got to try them on, and they said I should be able to get one in a few months. The 41mm is awesome and totally necessary if you have a big wrist.
First Page Last Page
Page 76 of 391

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.