Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,495,745 Views | 13672 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by Serotonin
Post removed:
by user
captkirk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FTAC2011 said:

Me and @third coast.. just chillin with the GMTs

Digging the Jubilee bracelet on the GMT. I need one of those
JSKolache
AG
chap said:

FTAC2011 said:

Me and @third coast.. just chillin with the GMTs

Different times. Different dates.
Buying in London, selling in Tokyo
Post removed:
by user
FalconAg06
Daytona22
AG
What's the thoughts on the new sub?

https://robbreport.com/style/watch-collector/rolex-new-2020-watches-submariner-sky-dweller-2948110/
FalconAg06
Daytona22 said:

What's the thoughts on the new sub?

https://robbreport.com/style/watch-collector/rolex-new-2020-watches-submariner-sky-dweller-2948110/

Love it. I have a 7.3/4" wrist and can't wear 40mm, I'm on the waitlist for the green bezel new one.
BoDog
AG
Falcon, that particular SD is probably in my top 3. Incredible watch. What AD do you go through if you dont mind me asking (PM me if you prefer).
FalconAg06
BoDog said:

Falcon, that particular SD is probably in my top 3. Incredible watch. What AD do you go through if you dont mind me asking (PM me if you prefer).

Farmer1906
AG
The hulk? It's one of my favorites. My wife didn't understand why i wanted a green watch when I got it years ago.
FalconAg06
Farmer1906 said:

The hulk? It's one of my favorites. My wife didn't understand why i wanted a green watch when I got it years ago.

No. It's the new 41mm that has a black face and green bezel
Post removed:
by user
BBRex
AG
That new 41 perpetual with the silver dial and gold markers is very cool, too.
schmendeler
AG
third coast.. said:

Going to my AD tomorrow to get on the list for that black and green sub
It's called the Kermit
Farmer1906
AG
schmendeler said:

third coast.. said:

It's called the Kermit

Kermit is the lighter green that was discontinued ~10 years ago right before they introduced the Hulk.
schmendeler
AG
Farmer1906 said:

schmendeler said:

third coast.. said:

It's called the Kermit

Kermit is the lighter green that was discontinued ~10 years ago right before they introduced the Hulk.
Dark Kermit
FTAC2011
AG
The waitlist thing is kind of a farce. You either spend money there to build a relationship and they sell you a watch you want... or you just have to get totally lucky that they think you will be a big customer in the future.
Post removed:
by user
Ducks4brkfast
AG
FTAC2011 said:

The waitlist thing is kind of a farce. You either spend money there to build a relationship and they sell you a watch you want... or you just have to get totally lucky that they think you will be a big customer in the future.

Sounds a lot like liquor stores and bourbon
FalconAg06
FTAC2011 said:

I don't think anyone is doing anything on future prospects anymore. They don't even put in demand models in the display anymore. As soon as they get them in, the salesman on rotation calls his best customers and invites them in.
David_Puddy
AG
How much are the new subs?
FalconAg06
David_Puddy said:

How much are the new subs?

Right under $10k I believe
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
33mm case? Batteries are probably $500 each.
FalconAg06
AP is turrible now, their Code 11:59 is laughable. Paying $60k for a fossil design
BoDog
AG
Falcon, I can tell from previous posts you and I are always on the same page regarding watches, but I gotta call you out on that AP comment. Though their designs are sometimes out there, they are still baller watches and the Royal Oak/s are almost as good as its gets. I am a Rolex guy too but have to call it like I see it.
FalconAg06
BoDog said:

Falcon, I can tell from previous posts you and I are always on the same page regarding watches, but I gotta call you out on that AP comment. Though their designs are sometimes out there, they are still baller watches and the Royal Oak/s are almost as good as its gets. I am a Rolex guy too but have to call it like I see it.

To each their own, I have a 26400IO and while it is a nice looking watch, it is not a head turner. I feel like they have gone too far towards the "Floyd Mayweather" style clientele, you don't see a businessman or executive wearing them very often, more flashy atheletes and actors. I see them going the way of Breitling

I swear these things look like 30k and $70k fossils

Post removed:
by user
BoDog
AG
Agree to disagree. I think what you are describing is a Hublot.
BoDog
AG
Regardless I am going to live vicariously through you. I thought I had a pretty respectable collection but it doesn't hold a candle to what you have.
FalconAg06
third coast.. said:

Why did you buy it?

DavidSW
FalconAg06
BoDog said:

Regardless I am going to live vicariously through you. I thought I had a pretty respectable collection but it doesn't hold a candle to what you have.

There's always someone with better. I saw a dude with a white Daytona at my country club and started talking watches. He showed me his collection of Pateks, FP Journes and Vacherons.
Post removed:
by user
FalconAg06
third coast.. said:

No, why.

I don't understand.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 74 of 391

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.