Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,503,510 Views | 13717 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by aTm2004
H-town ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I won this watch at work and do not need.

The model is L37304566. It retails for $1,000. I am asking $700. It is new in box with wrapper and tags.

Longines Official E-Shop

RK
AG
https://www.chrono24.com/longines/hydroconquest-39mm-diving-watch---l37304566--id10863288.htm#gref
Exsurge Domine
just picked this one up today. Really liking it so far, the oysterflex bracelet is really comfy and it really flies under the radar as far as flashiness. The white gold looks like a shinier version of stainless steel, and the heft that it gives the case is really nicely balanced by the lightness of the Rubber

[url=https://ibb.co/v1s8xKn][/url]
picture creator

Before anyone asks, I'm staying at a hotel with my family for a wedding, the background looked kind of weird
FTAC2011
AG
Very nice
Diggity
AG
great looking watch
Post removed:
by user
schmendeler
AG
i got a new watch that i thought was interesting enough to share on here.

it's the Mondaine Stop2Go. it replicates the behavior of the clocks in Swiss Railway Stations. all of the clocks are synchronized from a central timekeeping location, so in order to stay together, the second hand makes the full rotation in only 58 seconds, then pauses until it receives the electronic signal to advance the minute hand. at that point, the second hand resumes moving. the watch mimics this with a quartz movement with two motors. one for the seconds and one for the minute and hour hands. adding to the appeal (for me) is that the seconds hand is sweeping, rather than the usual one tick per second of most quartz movements.

i love this quirky feature. also, the ridiculous legibility.

one other unique aspect is the lighting at night. to avoid breaking up the clean appearance, they applied the lume to the back of the minute and hour hands. the light reflecting off the face charges the lume, and in the dark, it glows, and makes the hands appear in silhouette.

here's a photo and a short video of it in action, and then a lume shot from elsewhere, as my iphone isn't up to the job.

the movement in action

Exsurge Domine
schmendeler said:

i got a new watch that i thought was interesting enough to share on here.

it's the Mondaine Stop2Go. it replicates the behavior of the clocks in Swiss Railway Stations. all of the clocks are synchronized from a central timekeeping location, so in order to stay together, the second hand makes the full rotation in only 58 seconds, then pauses until it receives the electronic signal to advance the minute hand. at that point, the second hand resumes moving. the watch mimics this with a quartz movement with two motors. one for the seconds and one for the minute and hour hands. adding to the appeal (for me) is that the seconds hand is sweeping, rather than the usual one tick per second of most quartz movements.

i love this quirky feature. also, the ridiculous legibility.

one other unique aspect is the lighting at night. to avoid breaking up the clean appearance, they applied the lume to the back of the minute and hour hands. the light reflecting off the face charges the lume, and in the dark, it glows, and makes the hands appear in silhouette.

here's a photo and a short video of it in action, and then a lume shot from elsewhere, as my iphone isn't up to the job.

the movement in action

Very well done, those are regularly singled out as extremely high value for the price on online watch forums
schmendeler
AG
thanks
aTm2004
AG
Where did you get it? I'm intrigued.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
that's super cool. I might need their stainless wall clock for my kitchen

Crown looks interesting too
schmendeler
AG
aTm2004 said:

Where did you get it? I'm intrigued.
i found it on amazon for cheaper than their website (which, coincidentally, is out of stock at the moment). also, they only are offering it with a red leather strap on their website, and selling the black for an additional $50. i thought that was kind of crappy, since on the UK and Swiss sites, they have the option to buy either strap color with the watch.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0775QHH1J/

looks like there is one left in stock at amazon. when i ordered mine on Friday, there were three.

the official website is: https://mondaine-usa.com/
schmendeler
AG
the crown feels/functions more like an electronic toggle switch than a watch crown. you pull it out to adjust the minutes and hours, not spinning, but rather twisting it slightly and releasing to adjust it a half minute at a time, or twisting and holding to get it going in a sweep till you have it close to the time you want to set it at.

to adjust the "stop point" of the seconds hand, you push the crown in and hold it, then it will move to it's zero point. from there you twist the crown to adjust where it will stop and wait for the minute hand.
aTm2004
AG
Thanks.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
wow that's rad
BoDog
AG
keeping this thread alive.....
FTAC2011
AG
I just got a bunch of seamasters in. These things are the best bang for your buck in my opinion

schmendeler
AG
the last one is the best (imo)
Exsurge Domine
The new omega world timer looks great in my opinion

[url=https://ibb.co/59f47D1][/url]
schmendeler
AG
I like that concentric circle style.
Exsurge Domine
schmendeler said:

I like that concentric circle style.

I think most world timers look like overly busy crap but that one I like
schmendeler
AG
you might also dislike this one, but I like it.

https://www.christopherward.com/c1-grand-malvern-worldtimer-3
Exsurge Domine
I like Ch Ward and his trident watches but I don't like that WT. I've seen very few WT that I like
schmendeler
AG
FYI, chris ward having their spring sale. 15% off everything. in case you've had your eye on something...
Exsurge Domine
Exsurge Domine said:

The new omega world timer looks great in my opinion

[url=https://ibb.co/59f47D1][/url]

I put a deposit down on this one and should have it by the end of the month
Exsurge Domine
Trying to keep my watch game strong and channeling American exceptionalism. Special edition Omega Planet Ocean Pyeongchang, the red and blue are actually for the South Korean flag, but they look 'murican to me, and the red and blue rubber strap is really vibrant and comfortable to wear

[url=https://ibb.co/Bj8BY97][/url]
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Now to work on your photography game.
FTAC2011
AG

Selling this one for $5300
schmendeler
AG
I've got an unopened Charmin 24-pack. I'll give you an even swap. But don't expect me to sit on the goods for long.
aTm2004
AG
He'd need to throw some cash in with that.
schmendeler
AG
Fellow Aggie discount
Exsurge Domine
Marauder Blue 6 said:

Now to work on your photography game.

I'm so bad. I can't help it
FTAC2011
AG

Love this one, but at 44mm it's a little big for me.
TulaneAg
I agree, that's a little much.
schmendeler
AG
got a new addition today. it's one that i've had my eye on for a few months.

it's Christopher Ward's "Pepsi". the C65 Trident GMT. this thing is sharp!

First Page Last Page
Page 64 of 392

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.