Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,503,051 Views | 13716 Replies | Last: 31 min ago by Red Pear Realty
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know it's not "high end" but I got this one last week and I really like it.

Post removed:
by user
schmendeler
AG
i think it might have been your post that had me give them another look.

they had 25% off for black Friday/thanksgiving. their shipping is crazy fast. i ordered it on Wednesday, it was shipped on thanksgiving day (Thursday) from Hong Kong and i got it at 8:30 am on Friday.
Farmer1906
AG
schmendeler said:

I know it's not "high end"
And yet you still posted it. Start a low to slightly above low end thread.
Post removed:
by user
Canyon99
Diggity said:

faux patina? WTF? Did I accidentally land on a Pinterest page?

No this is a watch thread and that is a common term referring to features of some heritage models.
Diggity
AG
Nm.
K Bo
AG
I finally found a leather band I like for my Speedy Pro that fits my dainty wrist

schmendeler
AG
very sharp!
TulaneAg
And that is a dainty wrist!
FTAC2011
AG
Shameless plug for my classified listing of omegas:

https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3082991
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
If anybody's shopping for a Seamaster you might want to check out Houston Gold Exchange on Westheimer. They have 2 on bracelets...one is older and looks cherry, the other is newer and has a scuff on the bezel. I just dropped in there (to get a new battery put into my replacement Spinnaker that shipped with a dead one) and ended up chatting with the owner and watch guy for a couple minutes. Super nice, down to earth dudes. Also said they had a bunch of contacts if there was something in particular I was looking for.

edit: Spinnaker sent me a discount code for 25% off anything full price. If anybody wants it post up and I'll get your phone number and text it to you
Post removed:
by user
FTAC2011
AG
Newest ones (for sale too).

FTAC2011
AG
Abitaholic said:

Just got my first Audemars for Christmas. I'm 41 so it's been earned. Love it. It's a Piguet Royal Oak.

Post a picture!
Fall92
AG
How much for the Breitling?
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
FTAC2011
AG
2300 with box and papers
SPF250
AG
I've been lurking here a while, and now have a question.

I'm thinking of an entry level luxury watch, specifically a Seamaster Aqua Terra, that I would enjoy and then have it to pass down to one of my sons. Because I would like it to be a legacy, I was thinking of buying new. There is a local store, that I have used and trust that is an authorized Omega dealer. They have quoted me 20% off MSRP.

Is that a good, fair or not so great deal for new in box from an authorized dealer? Should I keep looking or pull the trigger?
FTAC2011
AG
SPF250 said:

I'm thinking of an entry level luxury watch, specifically a Seamaster Aqua Terra, that I would enjoy and then have it to pass down to one of my sons. Because I would like it to be a legacy, I was thinking of buying new. There is a local store, that I have used and trust that is an authorized Omega dealer. They have quoted me 20% off MSRP.

Is that a good, fair or not so great deal for new in box from an authorized dealer? Should I keep looking or pull the trigger?

I don't want to come off as pushy but I can totally help you get one for much less. I actually just sold someone a full kit aqua terra with the 8900 movement (used but in excellent condition) for 3k. In my opinion buying watches new is like buying cars new. Immediately lose value the second you walk out of the store.. unless you are buying the highly desired Rolex sport models (Pepsi, Batman, hulk, root beer, black sub, etc)
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
What are you asking for the Rolex?
FTAC2011
AG
Well that one is solid 18k gold bracelet and case so quite a bit higher. Currently listed elsewhere for $7500
aTm2004
AG
Or a 2254.50. Paid $1800 OTD new.
Guitarsoup
AG

FTAC2011 said:

Well that one is solid 18k gold bracelet and case so quite a bit higher. Currently listed elsewhere for $7500
Do you have more pics?
SPF250
AG
FTAC2011 said:

SPF250 said:

I don't want to come off as pushy but I can totally help you get one for much less. I actually just sold someone a full kit aqua terra with the 8900 movement (used but in excellent condition) for 3k. In my opinion buying watches new is like buying cars new. Immediately lose value the second you walk out of the store.. unless you are buying the highly desired Rolex sport models (Pepsi, Batman, hulk, root beer, black sub, etc)
PM sent.
FTAC2011
AG
Guitarsoup said:

FTAC2011 said:

Do you have more pics?

Sure I'll pm you my cell phone number.

Edit: it won't let me pm you for some reason. Send me an email at crob@aggienetwork.com
Farmer1906
AG
I would wait and save up a few extra pennies for the datejust.
kawood82
AG
Lurked this thread for awhile. What do folks think of this reverso? I really like the color and it's a well made watch from a well known brand. I'm interested in something up to 20k. Read a lot of great reviews and love the color.

https://www.jaeger-lecoultre.com/us/en/watches/reverso/reverso-tribute-monoface/397846J.html

Also for a watch like this would you recommend ordering straight from the manufacturer?
Farmer1906
AG
I'm a big fan of pretty much all of the JLCs. I have a pink gold Master Control. Outside of not loving that particular strap, I think the Reverso is outstanding with a nice story behind it. Plus you won't look like every other guy who a dive watch.

A few things to think about. The 822/2 is a beautiful movement. Reversos have steel (or gold) backs so you'll never be able to see it as some of their other pieces. (Some have 2 faces, but the same point) It is also a manual wind. Some people are dead set on automatic. I enjoy winding it every day.
kawood82
AG
Thanks for the info. Agree on everyone seemingly getting a dive watch. I've been looking, reading and watching for several years.

Would you buy direct from the manufacturer?
WES2006AG
AG
kawood82 said:

Lurked this thread for awhile. What do folks think of this reverso? I really like the color and it's a well made watch from a well known brand. I'm interested in something up to 20k. Read a lot of great reviews and love the color.

https://www.jaeger-lecoultre.com/us/en/watches/reverso/reverso-tribute-monoface/397846J.html

Also for a watch like this would you recommend ordering straight from the manufacturer?
What is happening with that watch? People flip it over and wear the reverse side up?
BBRex
AG
The case flips. The story goes that a polo player had his glass crystal broken during a game and asked a JlC rep to come up with a solution. The company came up with the concept of a case that flipped to protect the glass.

Farmer1906
AG
I have done both. You gotta fine someone you trust for you're not using an AD. I've tried to do extensive research before making any purchases from a non AD. It's really about what your comfortable with.
WES2006AG
AG
That is actually pretty cool. Eccentric but cool.
K Bo
AG
Lately I have been drooling over the IWC Pilot Mark XVIII, specifically on the Chrono Spitfire nylon strap:

I've been considering getting a Stowa Flieger or Laco Pilot Watch as a more budget option. I've read good things elsewhere but curious if anyone here as any experience with either brand?
Diggity
AG
Steinhart makes some very cool looking Pilots as well:

https://www.steinhar****ches.de/en/flieger-watch.html

damn TexAgs filters
First Page Last Page
Page 62 of 392

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.