Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,459,164 Views | 13499 Replies | Last: 55 min ago by TheVarian
Kurt Gowdy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Crowns can be finnicky.

I'd venture to say you're not pushing in far enough so that the threads connect and you can screw down.

It's likely a non-issue.
aTm2004
AG
Try pushing in and then rotating counter-clockwise 1/4 turn, then turn it clockwise to see if that does it. On my Seiko, I have to do this for the threads to better align.
agracer
AG
ok, I'm a genius, Calibre 5 movement does not have a screw in crown. Others in the Link Collection do.

If i push it in and turn it, I can hear the spring winding if I hold it up to my ear.
FTAC2011
AG
Anyone like omegas?

Post removed:
by user
Fall92
AG
1, 4, 2, 3.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
BBRex
AG
3-4-1-2
SW-14
AG
My wife complained about my $300 Tissot (after getting a nice signing bonus at a new job). How do I convince her I need an Omega Seamaster?
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
SW-14 said:

My wife complained about my $300 Tissot (after getting a nice signing bonus at a new job). How do I convince her I need an Omega Seamaster?

You do you.
TulaneAg
I finally got my SKX009J1 for me and the smaller SKX013K for the wife. I ordered both with the black rubber bands and ordered a big selection of cheap nato straps to try different colors to see if we like any of those better.

We're doing a sailboat trip to USVI/BVI over New Years and I didn't want to take an expensive watch on the trip. Her Omega Constellation is aging and has lost some of it's water resistance so she needed something sporty and durable anyway...plus it's always good to have an excuse to buy a couple of inexpensive classics.

I'd post pics but I'm an old and don't know how...
aTm2004
AG
SW-14 said:

Buy it and don't tell her.
SW-14
AG
Joint checking account.
aTm2004
AG
Really? Both of my parents told me after I got engaged that a smart thing to do is to have a joint account for all of our day-to-day stuff, but to keep a separate individual account that we put a small amount into each month that we can use for whatever we want and the other can't say anything. Married almost 9 years now and it's worked out well for us. Ammo is cheap right now, so I'm buying it almost every week in case one of the gun grabbers gets elected, and she's not saying word.
Guitarsoup
AG
We do the same thing.
Farmer1906
AG
I've heard of people having separate ones. It always seemed weird to me. It's our money. We spend on what we want and keep it under control. If I want a watch I'll let her know and we'll adjust. If she wants a new laptop, I'll get her one. If things get tight then we slow down.
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
You see, my wife likes to spend money on dumb ***** My youngest turned 1 last weekend, and she has a friend who is a vegan, so in order to accommodate her, she decides to spend $55 on a ****ing soup from Panera. I cooked a giant pot of chili for about 20 other people for less than that. But in her mind, she needed to make her weird friend feel welcomed.
David_Puddy
AG
$55 for soup? Surely that's a joke
aTm2004
AG
You'd think so, but nope. She spent her own effing money on it, but I still said something about it because it's dumb. Have a salad or something available.
schmendeler
AG
Let's keep in mind this thread is about spending hundreds and thousands of dollars on watches that are less accurate than ones available for $20.

Sounds like $55 soup to me.
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
Ten Vegetable Soup is the only vegan soup at Panera. It's $17.49 for a group serving. Sounds like you got lied to, homie.
aTm2004
AG
But the thing is that my Omega can be sold for more today than what I paid for it in '07 ($1800 OTD). My Sub will probably never be worth less than $5k unless it's totally destroyed. $55 soup becomes **** in a few hours.
aTm2004
AG
Receipt didn't lie, homie, because guess who got to play errand runner on Saturday? She got 2 big things of it and a bag of bread for some reason. All for her friend. Want to guess where it is right now? Sitting in the fridge.
Post removed:
by user
Ducks4brkfast
AG
having 20 people over for a 1-year old birthday party is the real tragdy here
aTm2004
AG
It's one of her former teammates from college. She's cool, though. We were up visiting her when she lived in Anchorage when I closed the deal on my Sub with the gray market dealer. I also wore my sub last year when we flew to Switzerland to visit her (she's moved back now, obviously) for a week.
Farmer1906
AG
You're complaining about spending $55 on food for a party. If you can pay less than $15 a head you're doing great. Either I am not following this right or you're complaining about nothing.
aTm2004
AG
Farmer1906 said:

You're complaining about spending $55 on food for a party. If you can pay less than $15 a head you're doing great. Either I am not following this right or you're complaining about nothing.
No, it's $55 for 1 particular soup for 1 weird vegan friend.

I was able to make chili, buy 2 bags of HEB Fritos, 2 16 count Ballpark franks, 4 bags of hotdog buns, and 2 bags of cheese for less than that to feed everybody else at the party.
schmendeler
AG
aTm2004 said:

But the thing is that my Omega can be sold for more today than what I paid for it in '07 ($1800 OTD). My Sub will probably never be worth less than $5k unless it's totally destroyed. $55 soup becomes **** in a few hours.

A good poop is priceless
htxag09
AG
Wgaf about overpriced soup or lying about the price of said soup. Either way, let's move on
RK
AG
is her friend vegan and a fatass?
aTm2004
AG
No. She's actually pretty fit...no Rule 1
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
third coast.. said:

I know a few folks were talking about spinnaker watches and they have a sale right now and this watch looks good and is only 159 right now. Less than 3 bowls of soup.

https://www.spinnaker-watches.com/collections/cahill-collection-sp-5033/products/sp-5033-02

I ordered a different spinnaker black friday watch to toss in the wife's stocking and picked it up this evening from the fedex dropoff where they took it after i wasn't home to sign for it. Shipped direct from Hong Kong and the package had been crushed in transit. It was just in the watch box with a layer of bubble wrap tossed in a tyvek envelope and apparently it was under something heavy. Box totally fubar, one side of leather band crumpled, i didn't get any farther than that, tossed it back in the envelope and sent them an email describing the situation. Curious to see how they handle it
First Page Last Page
Page 60 of 386

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.