Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,595,558 Views | 14217 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by FTAC2011
FTAC2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If we have any ultra and I mean mega bigly rich folk in here that are interested in any bad*** pieces, I have a client looking to move some. Collection is close to 1m value. Not having to move all at once obviously but he wanted me to ask around. I do not own these pieces but I would hand deliver them to any buyers

Feel free to dm if any specific piece is of interest

AgEng06
AggiePride07
AG
Oh my…
BBRex
AG
Wow!
YouBet
AG
I'll start the bidding at $1k on that Rolex. Let me know!
jh0400
AG
That 5712
Serviam
Trying to take out 30 year fixed rate to purchase these
Aggie Therapist
AG
This is like when you go to a fancy restaurant and they don't have the prices on the menu.

If you have to ask, you can't afford it…..
Daytona22
AG
That bottom right Nautilus… love it. Great collection. Wish I was in a position to buy one of these!
TheOC16
AG
Haha yeah, when the Daytona in your watch box is your beater...
FTAC2011
AG
Daytona22 said:

That bottom right Nautilus… love it. Great collection. Wish I was in a position to buy one of these!

Rose gold only 190k bones
Sea Speed
AG
Daytona22 said:

The one right above it is the one watch I want before I die.
AgLA06
AG
Is it me or does that list not seem to exactly match in some cases?
FTAC2011
AG
AgLA06 said:

Is it me or does that list not seem to exactly match in some cases?

The list is what's for sale. The picture is just some of his watches.

It is not supposed to line up. Sorry for the confusion
AgLA06
AG
Gotcha. I was just trying to make sure I wasn't missing something. Nothing negative!
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
I guess for watches this new and of this quality, how would one not keep papers and or box?!? Sorry if it's a dumb question
FTAC2011
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

I guess for watches this new and of this quality, how would one not keep papers and or box?!? Sorry if it's a dumb question

I'm really not sure why people do it but it is extremely common. Some people throw that stuff out not thinking it has any value, some lose it in moves or other random things
AgLA06
AG

I'm guessing his only option was to buy second hand / grey market and it didn't come with them.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Aren't the boxes with a Patek pretty valuable?
FTAC2011
AG

Aren't the boxes with a Patek pretty valuable?

Very. Even the wallet inside that holds the papers costs about $1500
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag

Bit of an impulse buy. Guy out of Austin who specializes in restoring JLC futurematics was selling this restored piece. The history behind this watch is pretty cool. Touted as the first ever "crown-less" watch, this little number nearly bankrupted JLC. The research and development apparently cost a ton of money, and these watches did not sell as well as expected. As with all JLC pieces of the time (this was produced from '51-58), they were sold in the states as LeCoultre under Vacheron-LeCoultre in order to get around the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act.

There is a dial in the back to set the time, but is otherwise fully automatic. This watch is really frickin cool.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TheOC16
AG
Really frickin' cool! Vintage watches are cool, but to have something this old and this complicated with that history is rare.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
What brands do i need to look at for a dressier ladies watch around 31mm? Pretty flexible on price, looked at tudors, checking out an omega boutique next. Need to fondle some cartiers. She loved the interesting/textured dial tudors so want to show her some grand seikos. If anordain didn't have such a wait they would be on the list. What else?
RO519
AG
Man, Speedys have been catching my eye and all over my Instagram algorithm lately... Pretty positive a Speedy will be the next watch in my lineup. I'm over here drooling over them.
TXAG 05
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

What brands do i need to look at for a dressier ladies watch around 31mm? Pretty flexible on price, looked at tudors, checking out an omega boutique next. Need to fondle some cartiers. She loved the interesting/textured dial tudors so want to show her some grand seikos. If anordain didn't have such a wait they would be on the list. What else?

Does she regularly wear real watches? Otherwise just get her an Apple Watch. My wife has a bunch of watches, but she wears her Apple Watch 99% of the time. She has always wanted a Cartier Roadster with the pink face, but just not going to spend a couple grand on something that won't get used.
AgLA06
AG
Yep.

I want my wife to have a nice watch. She couldn't care less. So there's no point in buying it.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Yes she wears analog watches every day, she's involved in the process. Farmer can you get this guy out of here?
Farmer1906
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

Does she regularly wear real watches? Otherwise just get her an Apple Watch. My wife has a bunch of watches, but she wears her Apple Watch 99% of the time. She has always wanted a Cartier Roadster with the pink face, but just not going to spend a couple grand on something that won't get used.

Apparently, Charismatic Megafauna loves his wife a lot.

A Cartier just feels right for a woman. My wife has a 2 tone gold datjust that matches mine. She also had some gaudy Chanel watches that I finally convinced her to sell.

Nomos dropped a new colorful collection. I could see some women being into some of these louder ones. If it's too big the Tetra and Club have had some color options previously.

https://nomos-glashuette.com/en/watches/new-releases/tangente-date-175-years-watchmaking-glashuette

How big is the budget? JLC Reverso? You can get an inscription on the back or the ones with 2 faces.

FTAco07
AG
My wife wears a 31mm two tone datejust with all the diamonds. She wasn't much of a watch wearer before I got her that and she loves it
nealan
My wife has the 2 tone DJ with diamond markers. She chose the 26mm. She likes the daintiness of it since she stacks it with a bracelet or two
Similar to the one below …
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I guess she should look at a dj, i am just put off by what the rolex business model appears to be these days (manufactured scarcity). Reverso is a cool idea... I'll see if we can find one to try on. I love cartier and think that's the answer but she tried on a gold tank once and was put off by the weight, so i imagine reverso will be similar. There was one tudor we looked at (not sure which model) that she liked how thin it was, but it was 34mm and that seemed a touch big. I'll check out those new nomos. Thanks guys
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Baume & Mercier makes some nice women's watches.
Daytona22
AG
Game day watch and bubbles socks! BTHO Florida.
BBRex
AG
My boss has a tiny women's Rolex, and she keeps talking about wanting something a little bigger. I just looked at the Rolex women's website, and the prices seem ridiculous for a 28 mm steel Lady DJ. I guess they want you to just look at the smaller sizes of the regular lines instead.
FTAC2011
AG
BBRex said:

My boss has a tiny women's Rolex, and she keeps talking about wanting something a little bigger. I just looked at the Rolex women's website, and the prices seem ridiculous for a 28 mm steel Lady DJ. I guess they want you to just look at the smaller sizes of the regular lines instead.

Depending on what she's wanting I most likely can get women's under msrp unless it's a highly sought after dial. I also take trades/ Feel free to message me if interested.
First Page Last Page
Page 405 of 407

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.