Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,460,267 Views | 13506 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by schmendeler
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Love the one in the middle.
TP Ag '87
AG
Wow. 3 perfect looking watches. I would trade my "collection" for those and I'd be happy/
aggiebq03+
Sq16Aggie2006 said:

how many mm is the Pepsi diver? Is the bezel ceramic?

42mm. I believe the actual Rolex is 40mm. I think the size wears fine and I have average wrist size. Bezel is aluminum. When I first had it I banged my wrist against a door and scratched it. Wore it that way for a few years and was upset I'd damaged it. Then I found out you can order replacements direct from Steinhart for like $10, so problem solved!

They do make a blue ceramic bezel diver now I'm interested in. Just. It sure I need another diver when I like the GMT so much.
aggiebq03+
Yeah the titanium with vintage hands won out over the chrono pilot when I ordered that one. Still happy with the choice.
K Bo
AG
Kinda what I figured re: selling. Likely either getting rid of 1969 1675 Pepsi GMT or Speedy Pro.
Zobel
AG
Rule 1 on watches.
Farmer1906
AG
K Bo, you doing some spring cleaning or things hit a snag? You doing okay?
Post removed:
by user
K Bo
AG
haha, yeah, things are great! I suppose you could call it spring cleaning. I've just found I have so much "stuff" sitting idle that really isn't adding value. That and we're looking at moving so I'm working on thinning out what all comes with.
K Bo
AG
Pedro Cerano
AG
What year is the Speedy and what did you have in mind price wise?
aggiebq03+
K Bo said:

Of all the moon watches, I think the rare "upside down" model is my favorite.

But seriously, nice watches. Wish I could afford to take them off your hands.
Sq16Aggie2006
aggiebq03+ said:

Sq16Aggie2006 said:

how many mm is the Pepsi diver? Is the bezel ceramic?

42mm. I believe the actual Rolex is 40mm. I think the size wears fine and I have average wrist size. Bezel is aluminum. When I first had it I banged my wrist against a door and scratched it. Wore it that way for a few years and was upset I'd damaged it. Then I found out you can order replacements direct from Steinhart for like $10, so problem solved!

They do make a blue ceramic bezel diver now I'm interested in. Just. It sure I need another diver when I like the GMT so much.

you should get a commission, you just sold me on the pepsi.
Zobel
AG
What's the ask on the Pepsi? Nice watch.
K Bo
AG
haha! I was was on the way out the door grabbed 'em out of the safe, and just snapped the pic, I dind't even really pay much attention.

As far as pricing, I haven't even thought about it, yet. I have the papers on the Speedy and it was sent to Omega to have the Hesalite replaced and have the watch maintained. I also have all the papers from that. On the Rolex I do not have any papers. I have a box but it is not original. Also, I have smaller wrists and removed a permanent link from the bracelet on the Rolex, as well, but it's not really noticeable unless it's pointed out. I wore the Omega daily for about three years until I got the Rolex. I, then, wore the Rolex daily for a couple years until I got an Apple watch and both have mostly just sat in the safe since. I'll have a think on both and post a separate thread when I decide.
Farmer1906
AG
Apple Watch over a real timepiece. How uncivilized.
K Bo
AG
yeah, I never thought I would make that switch but I, surprisingly, get a TON of utility out of the Apple Watch.
Post removed:
by user
ChipFTAC01
AG
Have any of you watch nerds come across Farer watches on other forums? Startup British watch company making interesting vintage looking watches. They seem to be getting fairly decent reviews.

Just some interesting styles and a little bit different.
https://usd.farer.com/products/beagle

XpressAg09
AG
They look nice, but $1,000 seems a bit much for a pretty basic automatic with a borrowed movement.

captkirk
AG
Just traded for this beast. Watch is huge. Still need to get some links removed

KY AG
AG
Very nice, congrats.

It's interesting that you would call the watch huge - in this day 40mm is probably on the smaller side,
particularly in the divers watch segment. Were you wearing something in the 35/36 mm range before?
Diggity
AG
Can we use this thread to track the price of oil?
Farmer1906
AG
KY AG said:

Very nice, congrats.

It's interesting that you would call the watch huge - in this day 40mm is probably on the smaller side,
particularly in the divers watch segment. Were you wearing something in the 35/36 mm range before?
Isn't deepsea sea dweller like 44mm?

There are still plenty of normal sized watched in the 36-39mm range.
TXAG 05
AG
aggie1906 said:

KY AG said:

Very nice, congrats.

Maybe if you have girl's wrists. Anything in the 30s look tiny.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
I use those as Cock rings
KY AG
AG
aggie1906 said:

KY AG said:

Very nice, congrats.

You're right. I thought all the sub derivatives were still 40. Didn't realize it was 44.
Farmer1906
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

aggie1906 said:

KY AG said:

Very nice, congrats.

Maybe if you have girl's wrists. Anything in the 30s look tiny.
Alright mr rapper with your dinner plate on your wrist. You're going to look back in 15 years and wonder why on earth you own the watches you own.
TXAG 05
AG
I stay around 42. 45+ is just gaudy
aTm2004
AG
The deepsea is huge. Aside from being larger, it's also thicker than a sub.

aggiebq03+
aTm2004 said:

Aside from being larger, it's also thicker than a sub.

That's what she said.
aTm2004
AG
KY AG
AG
It's one thing to have a tool watch that is that big and another to have a dress watch.

I have no qualms with the 44+ in the tool watch segment, like the Big Pilot. I would never own a Patek that large though (probably), as those seem better in the 35-40 realm.
captkirk
AG
KY AG said:

Very nice, congrats.

44mm, Its the thickness that will get you. 6mm crystal, certified up to 13,000 feet. I'm getting used to it

schmendeler
AG
Only 13,000? That's not even half way to challenger deep. Why bother?
First Page Last Page
Page 37 of 386

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.