Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,499,757 Views | 13684 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by ChemAg15
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FWIW: I think my next watch will be this:

David_Puddy
AG
quote:
quote:
After further debate and not being able to pick just one, I've decided on the blue Omega Planet Ocean and this big guy.....

http://www.jomashop.com/breitling-watch-a1337111-bc29bkpt3.html

As mentioned earlier, anything under 44mm looks like a women's watch on my wrist. Not everyone can wear bigger watches and have them look normal......I can.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
After further debate and not being able to pick just one, I've decided on the blue Omega Planet Ocean and this big guy.....

As mentioned earlier, anything under 44mm looks like a women's watch on my wrist. Not everyone can wear bigger watches and have them look normal......I can.
dude I have a massive ass wrist and my superavenger looked like a freaking saucer hanging off of my wrist; and it doesn't fit under any sort of cuff; unless it's a specially tailored french cuff that'll be like an inch large.
RVAg02
AG
Guitar, do you have the PO 2500
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:

come on mayne; you gotta go portuguese

Farmer1906
AG
I know, big man. It just is not my flavor. I think you'd be better off with 2 pieces with more variety. Those 2 are way too similar. Or putting the funds together and getting something a little nicer.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:

That looks like a tag I used to own.

David_Puddy
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

dude I have a massive ass wrist and my superavenger looked like a freaking saucer hanging off of my wrist; and it doesn't fit under any sort of cuff; unless it's a specially tailored french cuff that'll be like an inch large.

Interesting......I am definitely going with the PO first because I've already tried it on and love it. I need to find an AD that has the Super Avenger in stock and try it on first. So you only wear this guy with short sleeve then?

David_Puddy
AG
Chrono vs. non-chrono are pretty different IMO. Similar would be the Omega PO and the Breitling Super Ocean, that were discussed earlier in the thread.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
PO is a fantastic choice, hands down. Definitely try the SA on.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:

The one I like is a Portuguese. Just not a Chrono.
David_Puddy
AG
Just updated my last post. So you only wear your blue SA with short sleeves?
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
Guitar, do you have the PO 2500
Here is my PO and my 1959 Rolex Oyster.

The rubber is starting to crack a bit. Will probably replace with a Nato strap this year.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
Just updated my last post. So you only wear your blue SA with short sleeves?

I havent worn it in over a year, but i used to wear it with long sleeve polos which stretch or i can roll the sleeves up
Farmer1906
AG
I find it odd that there are watches that are so big you cannot wear long sleeves.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
I find it odd that there are watches that are so big you cannot wear long sleeves.
you can wear long sleeves; the sleeves just won't fit over the watch; and it looks a bit awkward.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
you can wear long sleeves; the sleeves just won't fit over the watch; and it looks a bit awkward.
So you can't wear long sleeves.
BBRex
AG
There is always the Gianni Agnelli approach:

captkirk
AG
quote:
had to go out and buy a watch to resurrect this thread from the dead.

Pulled the trigger on this one yesterday, I've been hearing more and more about Christopher Ward and the amazing build quality of their dive watches which sell for well under $1,000. The bezel looks more maroon than red and I thought it might be a good watch for football season. This one checks the boxes for me; 43mm, Zirconia Ceramic bezel; solid looking bracelet; I figured I'd give it a go. At about $800 bucks; you really don't have much to lose. Should get it sometime next week from Jolly old London.

I like it. Looks like a sub with a seamaster face.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
quote:

Pulled the trigger on this one yesterday, I've been hearing more and more about Christopher Ward and the amazing build quality of their dive watches which sell for well under $1,000. The bezel looks more maroon than red and I thought it might be a good watch for football season. This one checks the boxes for me; 43mm, Zirconia Ceramic bezel; solid looking bracelet; I figured I'd give it a go. At about $800 bucks; you really don't have much to lose. Should get it sometime next week from Jolly old London.

I love the bezel color; am wondering if I need to pick up a maroon and white GMT as well though; this combo looks awesome as well.

captkirk
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I love the bezel color; am wondering if I need to pick up a maroon and white GMT as well though; this combo looks awesome as well.

Thats sweet. That would be more up my alley as I already have a Tudor Heritage Black Bay with similar bezel and black face
ClickClack
AG
Watches tell you what time of day it is.
Farmer1906
AG
So you already have a similar dive watch? Why not go a different route?
DiskoTroop
Any interest in a Tag Heuer Indy 500?

Have the box, warranty card, paperwork and original bill of sale with tags. Box has a few marks on it. Not perfect but decent.

Serviced by Tag in February, new battery installed.

Asking $800 or open to trades.
Farmer1906
AG
Battery?
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
Battery?
quartz
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
Battery?

I love you, never change

3c, how about you bring over some of your fancy bourbon and I'll let you try on a watch or two?
RVAg02
AG
quote:
Battery?
RVAg02
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Battery?

I love you, never change

3c, how about you bring over some of your fancy bourbon and I'll let you try on a watch or two?
Both jealous and a little creeped out.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Battery?

I love you, never change

Both jealous and a little creeped out.
That is what I usually go for.
Post removed:
by user
DiskoTroop
Yeah, I'm selling the Tag now that I'm a Rolex owner.
CAR96
AG
I realize that this thread is high end watches but might someone offer advice on a classic vintage style clean look watch for less than say $200?
schmendeler
AG
quote:
I realize that this thread is high end watches but might someone offer advice on a classic vintage style clean look watch for less than say $200?

A lot of people have promoted the Seiko skx007. I think it looks pretty sharp and will probably get one soon. It's "around" $200.
First Page Last Page
Page 21 of 391

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.