Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,503,348 Views | 13717 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by aTm2004
terradactylexpress
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why of course.

Still shouldn't wear a watch, much less a dive watch with it
Farmer1906
AG
That is what I said.
NickNaylor
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
The 8500 PO's are also available in 42mm
It's not the diameter, but rather the thickness. The 8500 PO is too thick for a suit, in my opinion.
If you're wearing a suit that tight and you don't know how to have the cuff on your shirt tailored to fit your watch, a PO might not be for you. You should look into Shinola. Hipsters love those.
What in the hell are you even talking about? Thick ass bulky dive watches don't go well with nice clothes. Dress watches are thin. It has nothing to do with being a hipster. A correctly fitting shirt and suit does not fit well with a watch that is almost 16 mm thick.

in Texas, chunky dive watches with nice suits and tuxedos are perfectly acceptable.
Whatever makes you feel good, I guess. Some people like crew socks with slides.

No watches with Tuxedos.

You apparently don't know how French Cuff shirts work, either.
aTm2004
AG
Know exactly how they work.
aTm2004
AG
Let me guess...you dropped a grand on a tux you wore only once?
RVAg02
AG
Can we get back to talking about watches that appeal to us?
David_Puddy
AG
quote:

As soon as I can justify dropping 50k on a single watch, I will buy this one; 44mm

Bet you can find a Jap version that is real close to wear on occasion for sh-ts and grins. Not enough folks walking around wearing the real thing to be able to call you out on it. Even if someone is wearing one, I doubt they're a huge watch enthusiast anyway.......just really rich.
David_Puddy
AG
Boom
Farmer1906
AG
You probably shouldn't spend large amounts of money on watches.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
quote:
I'm in love with this modded SKX007.

Ordered this one today with a Dagaz Bund dial and and orange seconds hand.

Looking at ordering a second SKX007 with a vintage sub ceramic bezel insert and double dome sapphire crystal tomorrow.

These things are like ARs for your wrist.
TXAG 05
AG
Just don't get the love for the APs. I have never seen one that I thought looked good.
David_Puddy
AG
Not even this one?

Guitarsoup
AG
Doesn't do anything for me, either.
TXAG 05
AG
Not really. I guess the octagon bezel is their thing, but they would look a lot better if they were round.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
David_Puddy
AG
Different strokes for different folks. There has been some love for the Panerais on this thread and those do nothing for me. Obviously they're a high end watch, but they look like a stayle that you can buy at Wal Mart.....just too plain for my taste.
Farmer1906
AG
Shocked about the reaction to the Royal Oak. Next yall will tell is you hate the Nautilus too.
Texaggie7nine
Has anyone been to the watch place up near willowbrook that has a sign saying its where the places on Harwin get their stuff?

Who sells the best quality knock offs in houston?
7nine
Marauder Blue 6
AG
quote:
Has anyone been to the watch place up near willowbrook that has a sign saying its where the places on Harwin get their stuff?

Where is this place near Willowbrook?
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:

Where is this place near Willowbrook?
I think he's talking about a place on Cutten south of 1960.
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
Shocked about the reaction to the Royal Oak. Next yall will tell is you hate the Nautilus too.

Just looked it up. Looks pretty similar to the APs. Just not my style. If they are going to make them that expensive, you think they would make them look good.
Texaggie7nine
Ya, if you are driving east on Cutten after you pass west Greens, you will see the sign on the left. pretty close to the new 11 Below Brewery.
7nine
David_Puddy
AG
quote:

Look at him, clowning on people for liking nice watches earlier in the thread and then turning around and asking where he can go find knock offs of the same types of watches that we're discussing. Brutal
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
quote:
i couldnt live that lie wearing a knock off.
Especially spending $600+ for one.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
quote:

Look at him, clowning on people for liking nice watches earlier in the thread and then turning around and asking where he can go find knock offs of the same types of watches that we're discussing. Brutal
Hey, I'm not knocking anyone for liking the watches or how they look. They look great. My issue was the insane cost of them.
7nine
schmendeler
AG
quote:

Looks like a poorly designed stream punk watch
Post removed:
by user
Texaggie7nine
quote:
i couldnt live that lie wearing a knock off.
I don't buy knockoffs anymore. The only one I bought was when I was young I bought a 007 Omega knockoff in harwin because it looked cool. But after I kept getting approached by dudes asking me about the watch and how much they wanted one and I kept having to crush their dreams telling them it was a fake, I gave up wanting knock offs anymore.

Funny thing is, that watch is automatic wind and it still works to this day, 15+ years after the fact, and it's beat to hell.
7nine
aTm2004
AG
Not a big fan of the AP myself, but the Royal Oak Offshore carbon does catch my eye...

David_Puddy
AG
Definitely looks like a meathead bro watch, but I still like that one as well.
Post removed:
by user
David_Puddy
AG
Cute girl, ugly tattoos
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 19 of 392

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.