Houston
Sponsored by

Best fajitas in the Tine?

13,224 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by jetch17
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sweet lord, yall are gay
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
Sweet lord, yall are gay
MichaelJ
AG
is it because of our choices of location for fajitas?

or is it because we are going to such great lengths to discuss this?
Texaggie7nine
Jetch is mad cuz he wants to discuss the bet burger in the Houston.
7nine
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Not every thread can be as cool as the classic "Hey Everybody! Guess what kind of beer I'm drinking alone" General Board glory.
JYDog90
AG
This sounds like a conversation some have had with their wives: "Look, I said that we were staying at A DisneyWorld hotel. You can stay at this Days Inn and go to Disney World so that's why I said we were staying at a DisneyWorld hotel."
ATM9000
AG
El tiempo vs lupe the bloods vs crips of the Houston board?
MichaelJ
AG
El tiempo vs pappasitos is a more apt comparison to the bloods vs crips.

Lupe tortilla isn't even a high school click
Ragoo
AG
El tiempo is the worst tex-mex I have ever had. That place is terrible.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
I always wonder what Robert Irvine would say if he saw the menu at El Tiempo. That **** has like 300 items on it.
65532ag
Blood and crip would definitely apply to el tienpo and papasitos. Lupe is more like the dirty ruca they pass around.

El timepo tenderloin fajitas are the best. Papasitos did start recently serving chimichuri sauce with their fajitas though and have made a strong run with theirs.
Skinny Wrinkles
AG
quote:

Where do you prefer?
BMX Bandit
as everyone knows, the "best" fajitas is a matter of personal taste. but people who say things like "El Tiempo is terrible" just have horrible opinions and taste. It is akin to arguing (as one did jokingly) that Chilis has the best fajitas. Its just dumb.
Ragoo
AG
for tex-Mexican? Herbert's taco hut in San Marcos above all, los tios, and Lopez. I think people like el tempo because woo til, Montrose, woo.
jja79
AG
BMX why is not liking El Tiempo a horrible opinion? Because it disagrees with you? Personally I'm not impressed with it but apparently there plenty who are.
BMX Bandit
not liking it is one thing. Calling it the "worst I have ever had" or "terrible" is just dumb. Or, to be fair, an indication a person has eaten at 1-2 restaurants in their life.
Ragoo
AG
It is called hyperbole, dude. Grow up.
BMX Bandit
do you need a tissue? you seem hurt I called you out for the silly statement you now are backing off of. I didn't mean to hurt you. Can we call a truce?
Ragoo
AG
Ok dude. El tiempo sucks.
Skinny Wrinkles
AG
Caveat, I only ever get beef fajitas. Don't really care who has good chicken. Tallest midget kinda thing.
BMX Bandit
I look forward to you naming some place in San Marcos on the "best burger in houston" thread because Becks sucks.
MichaelJ
AG
How dare you consider necks the best burger.

Back to fajitas. People like el tiempo because people liked ninfas. El tiempo is ninfa's ergo people like el tiempo
Ragoo
AG
Forgot to add natalitas at jones/290
ATM9000
AG
Looks like Ragoo is turning this into the classic name the most obscure Mexican places possible pissing contest.

The hole in the walls and mom and pops have their places in the Mexican food chain and are good, but there is no ****ing way if you are blind taste testing those vs el tiempo or ninfas navigation or pappasitos that they are winning. It all starts with quality of meat used with fajitas and all of those places blow any hole in the wall out of the water in that category.
Madmarttigan
AG
El Tiempo has very tender meat, BUT I think you have to enjoy their flavor. I hated it, tasted like my fajitas were covered in barbeque sauce, so I have no intention of ever going to el tiempo again. Have tried many other things and they were also terrible. I think it is only good if you enjoy their flavor, but they are at least tender.

I enjoy papasitos and escalantes fajitas. Also, as someone else said Chuy's is okish and they are a lot cheaper than all of the above.

LOL at Lupe tortilla... that's some overpriced **** there.
Ragoo
AG
Lopez has been a staple in Stafford since the 1960s, los tios in Bellaire since the 70s, not sure on Natalitas but is a go to in cypress. These aren't obscure tex-mex eateries.
65532ag
quote:
for tex-Mexican? Herbert's taco hut in San Marcos above all, los tios, and Lopez. I think people like el tempo because woo til, Montrose, woo.

Lopez is freaking trash. That opinion pretty much excuses you from this conversation.
ATM9000
AG
quote:
Lopez has been a staple in Stafford since the 1960s, los tios in Bellaire since the 70s, not sure on Natalitas but is a go to in cypress. These aren't obscure tex-mex eateries.

I get that and they have their place in the pantheon of restaurants clearly there's something nice abt getting a half lb of fajitas at Los tios for 12 bucks vs 20 at ninfas... But on quality ninfas navigation is just better.

Throwing those places into the discussion would be like swearing by Saltgrass against places like pappas del friscos or Vic and Anthony's
MichaelJ
AG
Bbq sauce at el tiempo? You ordered wrong.

Has anyone had the fajitas from the new Los cucos off studemont?
jja79
AG
Probably just like the fajitas and everything else at the 15 or so suburban Los Cucos. Mediocre.
Ragoo
AG
I've only been once since they move into their stand alone location. When they were in the old strip center it was damn good.
Ragoo
AG
So el tiempo is the Vic and Anthony's of tex-mex?

Mediocre food with quality ingredients is still mediocre food.
Diggity
AG
And that's what you call doubling down on stupid.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
not liking it is one thing. Calling it the "worst I have ever had" or "terrible" is just dumb. Or, to be fair, an indication a person has eaten at 1-2 restaurants in their life.
If we're considering "worst I've ever had," that distinction goes to Andy's on E 11th.
ATM9000
AG
quote:
So el tiempo is the Vic and Anthony's of tex-mex?

Mediocre food with quality ingredients is still mediocre food.

Don't be obtuse... You know what I meant and know it's true.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.