Houston
Sponsored by

TheCzars Complete Guide to the H-Tine Board

40,902 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
TheCzar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For my 5000th post, I'm going to unabashedly steal Troy McClure's (RIP) legendary Rivalries post and give my best effort (yet fail miserably) to fit it for the 'Tine board.

The following is a list of all things 'Tine Board frequenters should know...

Step 1: Know your Vocabulary - Many of these words get thrown around here daily, and being well-versed in them is recommended:
  • H-Tine (or just 'Tine) - The most recent colloquial method of stating "Houston". Made popular by local rappers and their fans; the greatest purveyor of this is Slim Thug (reference: "3 Kings", 1st verse).
  • Gnome Talmbout - say it out loud and fast. Now do it again. If you haven't figured out yet, then you're like one of those people that can't see those Magic Eye things and I don't know what to tell you. See Also: Gnome Sane.
  • Thoed - A southern term used to acknowledge something that is good about a style or person. Also: Good, or crunk. This term is a shortened version of "Throwed", which is also still acceptable.
  • Trill - An adjective used to describe someone/something that is considered to be well respected. Originating from a combination of "too" and "real".
  • PSB - Professional Spring Breaker. See: Van Blasingame.
  • Lean – A hometown drug made famous by the inimitable DJ Screw. Its main ingredient is prescription-strength cough syrup containing codeine and promethazine. Cough syrup is typically mixed with ingredients such as Sprite soft drink and pieces of Jolly Rancher candy. Also referred to as Drank, Syrup, Sizzurp, or Purple Drank.

Step 2: Know your local celebrities – These names should be familiar to you, as they are referenced with relative regularity on here (sports celebs excluded due to the assumption that you know your Astros/Rockets/Luv Ya Blue legends):
  • Joe Horn – resident Castle Doctrine-wielding badass. Voted “Best Neighbor” unanimously by the ‘Tine Board.
  • Quanell X – Former Black Panther member and resident Anti-Semite and Race-Baiter. He loves the attention of the camera more than David Puddy loves winning Credit Card Roulette.
  • TorsoGirl – I won’t get into the details of this for fear of thread removal. Just know that she was the sole topic of arguably one of the greatest threads in Texags ‘Tine Board history.
  • Kristin2Go – Somehow missed the Chronicle’s 33% staff cut. She is many things to many people – Vlogger, M*LF, Sip, Horse.
  • Marvin Zindler – Throwed, or Snitch? Opinions may vary, but I imagine he had his slime in more ice machines than any member of this board.
  • Local News – Jennifer Reyna, Dominique Sachse, Wendy Corona, Lauren Freeman, Lucy Nolan, Wayne “Dong” Dolcefino, Radar the Weather Dog, The Wheel of MFin’ Justice.
  • Dr. Brown – The Brown Hand Center continually puts out local commercials rivaled in their awesomeness only by Thunderbolt Transmission. The dude isn’t allowed to perform his procedure or be employed at his practice; is an apparent alcoholic/druggie and wife-beater. But damn that’s a happy looking family.
  • Tom Penders – The Coog High basketball coach has never met a conspiracy or referee he didn’t love. His unbeatable permfro and interviews make him a celebrity in his own right.
  • Ashley Benton – Teen. Murderer. Thief of Hearts? One of the houstontexan contingent has proclaimed his love for her, with her beauty being rivaled only by the C&D Scrap Metal Girl.
  • Local Rappers – it never hurts to become well-versed in the local culture & music scene. TheCzar recommends a steady diet of UGK, Paul Wall, Chamillionaire, K-Rino, Geto Boys, Z-Ro, & Slim Thug.
  • Illegal Aliens or Katrina Refugees – These two groups have committed every crime in Houston since 2005.
  • Dunvale WalMart – The place is a celebrity in and of itself. Just ask jetch or RaginKajun.
  • Lesbians - Two of them make queso daily and place illegal handicapped parking signs across town. Another one was elected mayor. There is more than one Roller Derby league in town. These lintlickers are making a name for themselves around town, and if you think about the law of averages, this can't be a bad thing.

Step 3: Know your areas of town - Despite the complete lack of zoning laws, different areas of the ‘Tine come with their own stereotypes and personality. If you’re looking to move to town – be prepared to begin investigating these areas:

River Oaks, Memorial, Katy, Sugar Land,
Richmond, Katy, Cypress, Spring, Woodlands,
Kingwood/Atascasita, Pasadena, Clear Lake,
Rosenberg, The Heights, Downtown, Midtown, Montrose, Uptown.

Step 4: Know the “Best of” Anything in town – So you live in the ‘Tine, but you want the best it has to offer? You better believe its been discussed on here. To cut down on redundancy, here are a few threads that get started roughly once a month:

Step 5: Reppin’ the ’Tine Board – You want to sport the official gear of the Texags ‘Tine Board? There’s only one place to shop: zazzle.com. There you can find the work of crewez (http://www.zazzle.com/crewez) and pvsherwood(http://www.zazzle.com/sherwoodian).

I’m going to avoid listing the notable H-Tine board posters, as I started one but the list quickly became longer and more distinguished than my Johnson. In lieu, I give you the best images to come from this board:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYd8VWJEvnw

PS – If you need to look for an energy provider, just go to www.powertochoose.org. Trust me, that’s the best advice anyone will give you unless you want someone to tell you to join Gexa for the airline miles.

[This message has been edited by TheCzar (edited 3/18/2010 7:55a).]
jetch17
AG
holy balls, that is a quality post.

i wont even knock you for not having tits in it.
flipper
You, Fun always makes me laugh.
04aggiegirl
AG
I nominate this thread for Htine Post of the Year 2009.

Solid.
tamulax33
BMX Bandit
i was going to give you an A, but the energy provider comment makes it an A+
HTownMARB06
AG
Epic.
eduag
AG
Tinetastic!
Jackal99
David_Puddy
AG
Teddy Perkins
AG
And you were able to time this to be on 4-20. Amazing. Blue star for you.
A&M Chopper
AG
Well Done!
MAS444
TheCzar
AG
Not 4/20-related, per se, but close enough and this pic cracks me up

jetch17
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar
Scantron882
slurpee
gravity.
Tom Hagen
AG
Old School Astroworld with "Oriental Corner".
Wolfman03
AG
Excellent 5,000th post.
Exhausted Nihilist
MadDog99
AG
Quite possibly one of the greatest things I've ever read...
Westicles
AG
This is quality, quality stuff here. I'd like to see this thread receive a permanent sticky up top. I know it will get a save slot in my watched threads. Well played Czar!
David_Puddy
AG
That is a tight pic of Slim there, jetch.
TAT2DAG
AG
someone give this man some free bbq!
spadilly
RK
AG
this thread is not only entertaining but it extremely informative. i petition that it be permanently attached to the top of page 1.
Westicles
AG
* Oh and a side note on my teetery comment - I have to give myself an asterick, I haven't actually been to all gentlemen club establishments in the tine, so that was being spoken from limited knowledge. I think you can definitely throw Colorado in there though as a good 3rd option, but only if you couldn't go to TMC or T-Town.
Texaggie7nine
Left out Montrose in the tine areas to research. Also ur links aren't working.

Otherwise very solid

[This message has been edited by Texaggie7nine (edited 4/20/2009 2:19p).]
TheCzar
AG
Fixed & Fixed.

Thanks for the heads up
CATAGBQ04
AG
I have found this thread entertaining and helpful as a quasi new Houstonian!
Diggity
AG
quote:
Illegal Aliens or Katrina Refugees – These two groups have committed every crime in Houston since 2005.
Exhausted Nihilist
I'm surprised The Heights is not listed in the areas one should know.
TheCzar
AG
I don't know what you're talking about...

redag06
That covered it all. After reading that nobody will ever need to post on the tine board.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.