Houston
Sponsored by

Taco Bueno in Houston?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

18,973 Views | 136 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jefe95
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
good analogy.
Seamaster
AG
Taco Bueno > Taco Bell....

But Taco Cabana is better than both.

The best fast food place on the planet is the mid-west fixture "Taco Tico." In highschool, Kansas, every Sunday would be 29 cent taco day (1999). And it was tasty.

Taco Tico.
srob2004
AG
I agree. Taco Cabana > all fast food mexican
Scantron882
AG
I prefer Taco Cabana over all those mentioned as well however they vary greatly in quality by location.
TheCzar
AG
Pollo Feliz > Taco C > Taco Bell

IMHO

I've honestly never been to Taco Bueno and never cared.

schmendeler
AG
my favorite crappy taco place is taco john's. they give you tator tots with your meal.
f2foxes2001
AG
I remember when they had a taco bueno in the underground below Sagreesa (Sabisa). Ain't driving up to the Woodlands just to go to Taco Bueno, as much as I miss it. Too damn far.
HtownAg92
AG
BUMP

Did any of you see the Logo and "Taco Bueno Coming to Houston" on KPRC when they showed a screenshot of their website during 41 coverage?

Of course I can't find anything about it on the net.
88jrt06
AG
I did.
The TBueno I recall had a number of Tine locations and their calling card was a citrus marinade rotisserie chicken. It was very good for fast food. I have no idea why, but they were gone before the millennium. Is this the same setup?
Dunno, but the original had some good food. If it's the same..it's worth a try for sure.
Bockaneer
AG
I enjoy Taco Bueno and that's despite a cup of refried beans and queso (nachos to go in a cup) with a liberal helping of crickets...
91G 'EM 94GGIES!
HtownAg92
AG
I don't think it is the same concept. This is more of a Taco Bell upgrade, Tex-Mex fare. They are all over West Texas and Metroplex. Just never seemed to make it any further south than Waco or Temple.
Jock 07
AG
yankee fast food Mexican, much like taco john's
HtownAg92
AG
Jock 07 said:

Quote:

In 1967, we opened our doors in Abilene, TX to share fresh, authentic Mexican food. Now, almost 50 years later, while the other guys have turned to packaged and processed foods, we've stayed true to our roots by crafting authentic Tex-Mex recipes in each of our kitchens. We do things the Bueno way, and you're sure to taste the difference.
As opposed to:

Quote:

2018 Taco John's International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

808 West 20th St. | Cheyenne, WY 82001

nonameag99
HtownAg92 said:

Jock 07 said:

Quote:

In 1967, we opened our doors in Abilene, TX to share fresh, authentic Mexican food. Now, almost 50 years later, while the other guys have turned to packaged and processed foods, we've stayed true to our roots by crafting authentic Tex-Mex recipes in each of our kitchens. We do things the Bueno way, and you're sure to taste the difference.
As opposed to:

Quote:

2018 Taco John's International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

808 West 20th St. | Cheyenne, WY 82001

To some of us, anything North of IH 10 is yankee
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Word from a friend working on the Taco Bueno bankruptcy is that they have a franchisee who plans to open a number of stores in the Houston market in 2019-2020.
ccolley68
AG
I love Bueno, I hope they put them close to my house or work or both. I will be there all the time
Jack Cheese
AG
Taco Bueno?!
CowtownAg06
AG
This would be incredible. The two close to my folks house in FW closed about a month ago. I told my mom I might stop coming home now.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
https://360premiumclub.com/article/taco-bueno-to-open-first-houston-area-location-in-katy-texas.html

Insert "It's Happening" gif.
chimpanzee
Is that the one that was under Sbisa next to Whataburger in the mid-90's?
Al Bula
AG
Yep there was a taco Bueno in the underground before It closed during the sbisa renovation.

Taco Bueno is ass.
ccolley68
AG
Shife said:

Yep there was a taco Bueno in the underground before It closed during the sbisa renovation.

Taco Bueno is ass.

You are a liar, and mean. Bueno is the *****! Best Dallas import option by far.

It says they are taking over a vacant Carl's Jr. location. There just so happens to be a recently vacated Carl's Jr. by my hood. Hopefully the Katy one works and they make the short jaunt over to Sugar Land for the second location. I alone would keep it in business.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Anybody eat that chicken at 'Pollo Rico'?

If so how was it?
HtownAg92
AG
ccolley68 said:

Shife said:

Taco Bueno is ass.

You are a liar, and mean. Bueno is the *****! Best Dallas import option by far.

It says they are taking over a vacant Carl's Jr. location. There just so happens to be a recently vacated Carl's Jr. by my hood. Hopefully the Katy one works and they make the short jaunt over to Sugar Land for the second location. I alone would keep it in business.
Not a Dallas import, a Abilene import -- and I'm all for it. Disassociating it with Dallas makes it even better.

Grew up in West Texas near Abilene, where there are Buenos everywhere. Our cheap dates in high school were called "Taco Bueno - Movie Nights".
cc10106
TheCzar said:

Pollo Feliz > Taco C > Taco Bell

IMHO

I've honestly never been to Taco Bueno and never cared.

Still need to try Pollo Feliz. El Pollo Loco is solid, but i'm still bitter about losing the one and only Houston Del Taco location on Westheimer.
PeekingDuck
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

If so how was it?
The chicken is fine. Sides are junk. Wait, maybe I'm thinking of Pollo Loco. Too many Pollos.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
PeekingDuck said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

If so how was it?
The chicken is fine. Sides are junk. Wait, maybe I'm thinking of Pollo Loco. Too many Pollos.

They're all the same and they're all mediocre
PeekingDuck
AG
And equally memorable!
Diggity
AG
I actually liked Pollo Tropical, Taco Cabanas chicken-focussed cousin. I didn't fare well in Houston though.
NoahAg
Mexi-effin-Dips-and-Chips
LeftyAg89
AG
Polo Tropical was da bomb.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I gotta **** just reading this thread.
ccolley68
AG
NoahAg said:

Mexi-effin-Dips-and-Chips
Plus muchacos and Bueno Chilada platters FTW!!
94chem
LeftyAg89 said:

Polo Tropical was da bomb.

Fat Mexican dude wearing a wife-beater in their ads was a bad idea.
TXAG 05
AG
Taco Bueno is probably the worst meal I've ever had. The only people I know that like that place are from Dallas

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.