Houston
Sponsored by

Taco Bueno in Houston?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

19,166 Views | 136 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jefe95
Marvin_Zindler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was out in Katy on Monday and they have "now hiring" on the marquee. I don't recall seeing that the last time I was out there, but I could be wrong.

On the other hand, would you really want to open a restuarant at this point in time? I certainly would want to wait at least a few more weeks.
ccolley68
AG
West Texas Lawyer said:

I was out in Katy on Monday and they have "now hiring" on the marquee. I don't recall seeing that the last time I was out there, but I could be wrong.

On the other hand, would you really want to open a restuarant at this point in time? I certainly would want to wait at least a few more weeks.
Hell yes you open Bueno during this. The people need their greatness, and need it worse than ever. I'd kill for a muchaco about now.
Jock 07
AG
Ha apparently they couldn't even make it 3 years in the springs
Marvin_Zindler
AG
They open Monday.
KatyAg88
Awesome to hear. I am tired of having to go out of my way to find and eat at a Bueno. i.e. Waco, FW, Lufkin, Tyler. The one in The Woodlands was hidden in the trees. New Braunfels and San Marcos went out. The locations are usually bad and difficult to get to. The Katy one will require some maneuvering through a Hotel parking lot for me, but people further West will be able to access it easily.
Every employee of mine that I have taken to The Woodlands Bueno say "This is WAY better than Taco Bell" If Bueno would just get in a good accessible location, they would be successful.
AgsWin2011
AG
What is the location/address? I grew up in Abilene where Taco Bueno originated and miss being able to eat it.
Aggie71013
AG
20995 Katy Fwy, Katy, TX 77450

Used to be a Carl's Jr.
Smokedraw01
I'm from McKinney and I don't understand the love affair with Taco Bueno.
ccolley68
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

People from McKinney can't decide if they want to be the hot new blowing up burb, or hold on to their country roots. Your opinion of Bueno is like a cows, it's moo.

ccolley68
AG
Aggie71013 said:

20995 Katy Fwy, Katy, TX 77450

Used to be a Carl's Jr.
My wife's uncle lives right in the neighborhood behind Autonation Ford right there. Looks like I'll be planning for us to visit Monday for a bueno chilada platter. Who am I kidding, I'm definitely kicking off my first trip back with a #1 bueno sized. I'm so excited
Jock 07
AG
KatyAg88 said:

Every employee of mine that I have taken to The Woodlands Bueno say "This is WAY better than Taco Bell"

Really? That's what you're hanging your hat on?
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Heismenberg said:

What is the location/address? I grew up in Abilene where Taco Bueno originated and miss being able to eat it.
Grew up in Abilene? Me as well.

Not sure of the physical address, but the intersection is 1-10 and Westgreen on the south side feeder.

Edit: posted above.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

So you're from Oklahoma?
Smokedraw01
ccolley68 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

People from McKinney can't decide if they want to be the hot new blowing up burb, or hold on to their country roots. Your opinion of Bueno is like a cows, it's moo.

Fair enough. We lived in McKinney before it was cool and my great-grandparents worked in the cotton mill before it was cool to party at. Taco Bueno sucks.
Smokedraw01
West Texas Lawyer said:

Smokedraw01 said:

So you're from Oklahoma?

Nah, that's the folks in Melissa.
HtownAg92
AG
West Texas Lawyer said:

Heismenberg said:

Grew up in Abilene? Me as well.

Not sure of the physical address, but the intersection is 1-10 and Westgreen on the south side feeder.

Edit: posted above.
I'm a Big Country guy myself. But we had to drive to the "city" for our Bueno fix. Wore out the Judge Ely and Mall locations.
cajunaggie08
AG
Jock 07 said:

KatyAg88 said:

Every employee of mine that I have taken to The Woodlands Bueno say "This is WAY better than Taco Bell"

Really? That's what you're hanging your hat on?
Its good to set the bar at better than taco bell. I have only ever been to a Bueno twice and the first time I thought that it was maybe a north texas equivalent to Taco Cabana. I was sorely disappointed, and I dont even like Taco Cabana that much. But once I realized it was more of a Taco Bell competitor, when I had that craving for cheap ass fast food mexican and saw a bueno and figured why the hell not, i liked it a bit more. Its certainly way better than Taco Casa
Jack Cheese
AG
A large contingent of us can't stand the waxy tortillas and mystery meat at Taco Bell.

Bueno is a great alternative to that. Nothing more, nothing less, but a much needed alternative.
CowtownAg06
AG
Muchacos are good regardless of what we're comparing against.
ccolley68
AG
So....did anyone go today?
GoAgs92
AG
Went to taco bueno after my kids baseball game today, and got 2 soft tacos and 3 crunchy tacos...we both thought they were super bland...meat had no taco flavor.

The best part was the hot sauce.

Mucho disapoint
ccolley68
AG
GoAgs92 said:

Went to taco bueno after my kids baseball game today, and got 2 soft tacos and 3 crunchy tacos...we both thought they were super bland...meat had no taco flavor.

Mucho disapoint

Of course you were disappointed, you got the worst **** they have. How could you go and not ask someone in the know what they get? No muchaco = fail right out of the gates. At least a bueno chilada platter.
TXAG 05
AG
ccolley68 said:

GoAgs92 said:

Mucho disapoint

Of course you were disappointed, you got the worst **** they have. How could you go and not ask someone in the know what they get? No muchaco = fail right out of the gates. At least a bueno chilada platter.

Everything they have is the worst thing they have. I said it a couple pages back, but Taco Bueno is the worst meal I've ever had and I ate in Duncan for 4 years.
ccolley68
AG
I hate you
CowtownAg06
AG
I was in Fort Worth last week. Went out of my way to eat Bueno. Twice. Muchacos are so good.
cajunaggie08
AG
ccolley68 said:

GoAgs92 said:

Mucho disapoint

How does shoving the same bland meat in a pita make it better?
Jack Cheese
AG
ccolley68 said:

I hate you

Me too. It's like people don't want an alternative to Taco Hell.
cajunaggie08
AG
Jack Cheese said:

ccolley68 said:

I hate you

Pick any corner taco stand north of I-10
nonameag99
cajunaggie08 said:

Jack Cheese said:

ccolley68 said:

I hate you

Pick any corner taco stand north of I-10
Yankee Tacos
Ducks4brkfast
AG
drove thru yesterday. delicious as ever.
MickeyFinn
ccolley68 said:

GoAgs92 said:

Mucho disapoint

Place ain't called "Muchaco Bueno" or "Chilada Bueno"

If you can't get a taco right, you can't get nothin' right.
tk for tu juan
Went yesterday, glad to finally have their bean burritos again. Now if Katy can just get a Braum's...
jefe95
AG
Mexi Dips & Chips and a Muchaco for the win

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.