Houston
Sponsored by

Taco Bueno in Houston?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

18,886 Views | 136 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jefe95
Marauder Blue 6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Taco Bueno is probably the worst meal I've ever had. The only people I know that like that place are from Dallas
Then you haven't been in Houston long enough. I remember a day when it was worth driving past several good fast food places to get to Taco Bueno.
Jack Cheese
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Taco Bueno is probably the worst meal I've ever had. The only people I know that like that place are from Dallas

BohunkAg
AG
Holy sheet...a callback thread to when I actually lived in Houston. There's a Taco Bueno where I live now. I ate there once and wanted to puke my guts out.
TefIon Don
AG
Taco bueno. **** yeah.
Jock 07
AG
taco bueno sucks ass. only folks I know who rave about it are dallastoians.
Jack Cheese
AG
All you fools bagging on Taco Bueno, what is your go-to Mexican fast food? Taco Bell? Cabana?

Drop some knowledge about all your fantastic alternatives. And don't give me any taco truck ***** We're talking fast food - reliable and available to the masses.
BBRex
AG
El Pollo Loco is one of my favorites, and I can't believe I don't have one near my house or work. It is supposedly the inspiration for the chicken restaurant in "Breaking Bad."
Al Bula
AG
Jack Cheese said:

All you fools bagging on Taco Bueno, what is your go-to Mexican fast food? Taco Bell? Cabana?

Drop some knowledge about all your fantastic alternatives. And don't give me any taco truck ***** We're talking fast food - reliable and available to the masses.
I don't eat fast Mexican food garbage from a truck or any of those other places.
CowtownAg06
AG
I'll be there opening day! Don't care about you haters.
Jack Cheese
AG
Shife said:

Jack Cheese said:

I don't eat fast Mexican food garbage from a truck or any of those other places.

chimpanzee
Fast food is compromised by definition. If Houston has a more appealing option come along in the fast food industry, you people are hopeless and I'm buying Davita stock.
NoahAg
Why is the Katy Taco Bueno not open yet?! I thought is was supposed to be running by the end of summer?
Texaggie7nine
Jack in the Box tacos >>>>>>>>>> all other tacos
7nine
ccolley68
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

While this statement is true, you don't go to Taco Bueno for tacos. It's all about the Muchaco!
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Not true anymore now that the Monster Taco is gone.
South Platte
BBRex said:

El Pollo Loco is one of my favorites, and I can't believe I don't have one near my house or work. It is supposedly the inspiration for the chicken restaurant in "Breaking Bad."
We had one open in a prime location in Kingwood. I was hoping the new building would be something useful but was disappointed when I found out it was an El Pollo Loco. I've never been there, but apparently nobody in Kingwood has either. It's next to Whataburger and Canes . . . and while those places have cars wrapped around it, El Pollo Loco's parking lot remains empty.
South Platte
NoahAg said:

Why is the Katy Taco Bueno not open yet?! I thought is was supposed to be running by the end of summer?
How does this help me in Kingwood? Yet we are getting our 3rd Panda Express . . .
SJEAg
AG
South Platte said:

BBRex said:

We had one open in a prime location in Kingwood. I was hoping the new building would be something useful but was disappointed when I found out it was an El Pollo Loco. I've never been there, but apparently nobody in Kingwood has either. It's next to Whataburger and Canes . . . and while those places have cars wrapped around it, El Pollo Loco's parking lot remains empty.

It opened and closed down pretty quickly in Sugar Land. Also right next to a busy Whataburger.
ccolley68
AG
I thought about going to that one once, but the menu didn't seem all that appetizing. Once I finally decided to check it out, it was closed already.

But they must do well somewhere. A client of mine has built 3 in the last year around Texas.
Jock 07
AG
ccolley68 said:

But they must do well somewhere.
pollo loco is on pretty much every block in CA
HtownAg92
AG
Houston is not big on grilled chicken. Pollo Loco (LA / Mexican) and Pollo Tropica (Miami / Cuban) I guess have a regional following that doesn't translate here. Pollo Bravo (Peruvian) seems to be hanging on, but I think it is on another quality level.

Back to Bueno - open already, then open one in Houston. Got's to get my Mexi Dips and Chips and burrito on.
CowtownAg06
AG
Where is it?
HtownAg92
AG
That was a command to "Open Already!", not a statement that it was. Sorry.
CowtownAg06
Diggity
AG
They were having "spirit night" for my kids school at Pollo Loco on South Rice (not sure why they picked a place so far away) so we tried it out. Food was fine but the place was a total ****hole. Dirty tables, dirty pass through, dirty bathrooms.

I'm not surprised they would have trouble here if that's a typical store.

A lot of times, the success or failure of a chain like that is totally dependent on the quality of the franchisee and over site of the franchisor.. Look at Schlotzkys and Quizo's for example.
HtownAg92
AG
They may have looked around at the Chicken Bermuda Triangle there and said, "Ahhh, F it. We can't compete for the chicken dollar with CFA and Cain's."
Diggity
AG
pretty different market. Pollo Loco is all about grill fired bone-in chicken.

There are a ton of local places that do it better so maybe that's the issue.
HtownAg92
AG
I guess that area still has some remnants of Gulfton Ghetto, but the families coming there from Bellaire ain't opting for the grilled bird when nugs and strips are right there.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
https://communityimpact.com/houston/katy/impacts/2020/03/14/taco-bueno-plans-april-opening-for-katy-area-restaurant/

They have signage up.
Scruffy
AG
West Texas Lawyer said:

https://communityimpact.com/houston/katy/impacts/2020/03/14/taco-bueno-plans-april-opening-for-katy-area-restaurant/

They have signage up.
A quick glance at the link made me see anal opening and had to re-read the link.
cajunaggie08
AG
Scruffy said:

West Texas Lawyer said:

They have signage up.
A quick glance at the link made me see anal opening and had to re-read the link.
Well that is what Taco Bueno will give you
ccolley68
AG
You shut your mouth!!
megs03
I'm too lazy to read entire thread but believe a Bueno is coming to Katy area as well, I10 and Westgreen!
TefIon Don
AG
That's the one we're talking about.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Is this ever going to open?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.