Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,238,862 Views | 19951 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by mavsfan4ever
walton91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Training Camp starts the week of July 22
Stymied
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

I feel like the Musers and key afternoon drive guys have been able to negotiate more and more pay and less and less work for the last few years.

Didn't dry dock begin before the week of the 4th?
I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same pay but more vacation. I doubt there is much room to drive more pay given terrestrial radio economics but they can probably negotiate a lot more time off as long as it doesn't come during peak ratings seasons.
Old Tom Morris
Agree, I think the pay is flat as terrestrial radio dies, but they are making it up in time off. This started ramping up 4-5+ years ago and continues to increase
bert harbinson
AG
Junior said they're pretty much straight to training camp once they get back.
MW03
AG
My ticket listening dropped to near zero during the NBA finals. This may very well kill it off entirely.
walton91
Hardline back tomorrow
double aught
AG
MW03 said:

My ticket listening dropped to near zero during the NBA finals. This may very well kill it off entirely.
What did the finals have to do with it?
Trajan88
AG
I haven't had a 3 week vacation block since 2001.

if I attempted to do a 3 week vacation block, there'd be Mount Everest-high pile of work waiting for me upon return.

Retirement is only about 6 years away though.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Trajan88 said:

I haven't had a 3 week vacation block since 2001.

if I attempted to do a 3 week vacation block, there'd be Mount Everest-high pile of work waiting for me upon return.

Retirement is only about 6 years away though.
Its sports talk radio. Outside of ratings, is there really a difference between 1 day, 1 week, or 3 weeks off for them?

For us regular folks, just 1 week is a mess to untangle. 2 weeks sounds like a nightmare to come back to.
MW03
AG
double aught said:

MW03 said:

Too high tension. When one of my sports teams loses a big game, I can't stand listening to coverage. When the Mavs lost G1 by 18, I knew I'd be better off without listening to Junior recap the games. I can tolerate Sturm, but when I watch the team play poorly, I don't really want to devote hours of my time breaking down exactly why they played poorly. Soft? Probably. I just don't enjoy it. At all.

Legal Custodian
AG
What's crazy is that it's roughly 2 weeks until training camp starts. The Aggie Baseball run, Mavs run, Stars run, and all this international soccer has really bridged the gap this year.

And hell, we still have the Olympics coming in late July/August. Football season will be here before we know it.
double aught
AG
MW03 said:

double aught said:

MW03 said:

Too high tension. When one of my sports teams loses a big game, I can't stand listening to coverage. When the Mavs lost G1 by 18, I knew I'd be better off without listening to Junior recap the games. I can tolerate Sturm, but when I watch the team play poorly, I don't really want to devote hours of my time breaking down exactly why they played poorly. Soft? Probably. I just don't enjoy it. At all.

I gotcha now. I'm the same way. Don't care to listen to those segments after a big loss.
Cappo
AG
Legal Custodian said:

What's crazy is that it's roughly 2 weeks until training camp starts. The Aggie Baseball run, Mavs run, Stars run, and all this international soccer has really bridged the gap this year.

And hell, we still have the Olympics coming in late July/August. Football season will be here before we know it.
been a good sports year
Cappo
AG
The main hosts can negotiate whatever the hell they want when you listen to how bad it is when they're out
Guzen
AG
It is SO bad! Especially the Sweet Spot on morning drive. talentless! Has anyone found an alternative to listen to on the drive to work? Or just stick to podcasts?
Mitch Paradise
Danny Vermin
Although I hate Miller with a passion, I need a sports fix so I listen to the morning show when they are actually on the air and then I'm done for the day. This week I've been listening Mark Levin podcasts in the morning and then turn on Bongino. I tried to listen to 1-3 the day after the Rangers won the world series and its just awful radio. It may even be worse than a dei hire. Sean " pander " bass and in the closet Mino have zero talent.
Old Tom Morris
The sweet spot cracks me up in how they just copy segments that the musers do. No creativity at all. They are the generic sports talk show that the Ticket used to make fun of and rightfully claim that the Ticket was successful because they were not that kind of sports radio
Macarthur
I honestly can't listen to anything but the musers and Bob.
DallasAggie89
AG
I turn it off between 10-3.

I like Donnie but they screwed him over with Matt.

1-3 is just bad.

Based off their recent ratings I think there's a lot of folks doing the same.
ftworthag02
AG
I switch over to xm or spotify from 10-3. I also love Donnie but not a fan of mclaren. Really wish they would bring back sirios to work w/ Donnie.
daltonhughes18
AG
pedo matt doesn't do it for anyone... especially women his age!
Hincemm
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

The sweet spot cracks me up in how they just copy segments that the musers do. No creativity at all. They are the generic sports talk show that the Ticket used to make fun of and rightfully claim that the Ticket was successful because they were not that kind of sports radio
in their defense, just about every musers fill in does that. doesn't excuse how generic they are.
Old Tom Morris
I'm not talking about fill in. More something like emergency brake of the week NIT which is a part of their regular 1-3
Legal Custodian
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

I'm not talking about fill in. More something like emergency brake of the week NIT which is a part of their regular 1-3
Monty brought that over from his Sunday show I believe. He started doing that like 4-5 years ago and honestly was created very organically because he thought there were stopdowns or messups that were being ignored because they were controversial or were done by the Musers who didn't even make them candidates for the actual E-Brake.

Again, I like the Sweet Spot. They're the only ones actually being creative at the station anymore. Every other show is just doing what they have always done. Which in the Musers case is fine, but the Hardline is stale and MDMS is handcuffed by how unlikeable Matt is.
double aught
AG
Quote:

in the closet Mino have zero talent
It is so odd how you consistently bring up the sexual orientation of these people.
tejas_ayanem
double aught said:

Quote:

in the closet Mino have zero talent
It is so odd how you consistently bring up the sexual orientation of these people.
Mino closet party of 2.
gabehcoud
As a DZDF i give this a meh

Hincemm
AG
same...i'm guessing this will be a grubes/rhyner/jules venture.

mike needs to give it up. i get that he started it all but he's tough to listen to.

i'd feel differently if this was jules/danny/sirois.
t - cam
AG
I think Julie's mom game does pretty well.
MW03
AG
The Dumb Zone

Patreon
Jul 2023 - 1900 subs
Jul 2024 - 6279 subs

I think that's pretty successful for a year, but they had 6100 subs in Dec 2023. They need to figure out how to grow, especially since that subscriber base is going to fluctuate.

I suppose it's a matter of what they want, but I still think they need to figure out how to grow and create a one-stop shop for ex-Ticket content. I don't think a Mike and Grubes show is going to sniff anything close to these numbers, but one fee for The Hang Zone and My Dark Companion might move the needle up for some. Bring in a show with Danny and Sirois, and it might move the needle some more. Paying your friends would be tough, but if you could do a pro-rata agreement based on views/listens, it might be a starting place.

gabehcoud
Dan Campbell on the HL
tejas_ayanem
gabehcoud said:

Dan Campbell on the HL
"Sayonara...let's go beat his ass" Referencing Schloss
bthotugigem05
AG
MW03 said:

The Dumb Zone

Patreon
Jul 2023 - 1900 subs
Jul 2024 - 6279 subs

I think that's pretty successful for a year, but they had 6100 subs in Dec 2023. They need to figure out how to grow, especially since that subscriber base is going to fluctuate.

I suppose it's a matter of what they want, but I still think they need to figure out how to grow and create a one-stop shop for ex-Ticket content. I don't think a Mike and Grubes show is going to sniff anything close to these numbers, but one fee for The Hang Zone and My Dark Companion might move the needle up for some. Bring in a show with Danny and Sirois, and it might move the needle some more. Paying your friends would be tough, but if you could do a pro-rata agreement based on views/listens, it might be a starting place.
The problem with pulling more podcasts into a "network" like that is they're largely pulling from the same subscriber base.

I think Dan and Jake should be looking to re-create a Ticket-esque network of podcasts, but you can't just pull all of the ex-Ticket people into the same podcast, would take you from 6300 to 6400 subs, versus spreading out some of your regional bases and getting them into the same network, like Dumb Zone covers nonsense and Dallas sports, another podcast does nonsense and Houston sports, and once a week they do a combined show. Stuff like that brings subs in from different regions.

The blessing of podcasts is startup expenses are low. The curse of podcasts is startup expenses are low so there's always new competition and most are competing for the same pool of advertising money.
Rudyjax
AG
tejas_ayanem said:

gabehcoud said:

Dan Campbell on the HL

I haven't listened to top ten or the show in years. How do I get this segment?
tejas_ayanem
Rudyjax said:

tejas_ayanem said:

gabehcoud said:

Dan Campbell on the HL

I haven't listened to top ten or the show in years. How do I get this segment?
It should be on the Top 10 podcast that usually posts tonight.
First Page Last Page
Page 556 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.