Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,242,142 Views | 19952 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by FincAg
dave94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FincAg said:

Danny Vermin said:

Saw this on the Facebook

This was also posted on Reddit and has since been wiped.
Hincemm
AG
In other news, we get mino and corby today
Ervin Burrell
AG
Hincemm said:

In other news, we get mino and corby today

This is like the fourth or fifth straight Mino/Corby pairing…this dry dock has seemed like an eternity.
hoosier-daddy
Who negotiates the contracts for hosts? Bruce Gilbert via a budget from Cumulus corporate wanks?

Was shocked when Julie shared that she paid her babysitter more than she made when she was at the ticket. Literally losing money going to work.
RabbleRouser07
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

WC87 said:

Perhaps they are pursuing their WNBA dreams.
But is having this minor skill even worth being so unattractive?

That's for the fan to decide.

Yeaa!!
380Ag
AG
If they are gone they will both quickly realize that the grass isn't greener on the other side. The ticket is the highest peak that they both can reach.
t - cam
AG
380Ag said:

If they are gone they will both quickly realize that the grass isn't greener on the other side. The ticket is the highest peak that they both can reach.

I'd say a lot of that has to do with the talent they've assembled which has been leaking over the years.
380Ag
AG
True. I don't think Dan is sports savvy enough to cut it any where else and Jake, while knowledgeable, is highly abrasive and ******y. He makes me chuckle but a hard pill to swallow.
Old Tom Morris
The ratings are in great shape but Cumulus is sucking ass. Stock down 30% ytd. Down 70% over the last 5 years. Jake clearly has some home life $$$ pressure, and i've always been a little surprised Dan didn't take a drive time opportunity at some point. Kind of the perfect storm finally hitting.

And Craig and George are only a year or two away from turning 60.

Things are about to change a lot.
walton91
Or maybe they just want to do something different. Its not 2013 anymore. Bob has moved, other hosts have left. I can see Dan thinking that this isn't the same station he was so torn over potentially leaving a decade ago. Jake is younger, is probably more inclined to take a chance on something new, especially if its a big raise for him
GarlandAg2012
AG
380Ag said:

True. I don't think Dan is sports savvy enough to cut it any where else and Jake, while knowledgeable, is highly abrasive and ******y. He makes me chuckle but a hard pill you swallow.

Yeah being an abrasive sports personality doesnt work for anyone.

I think you guys vastly overestimate how much talent matters. They need connections more than anything.
Just Tired
380Ag said:

hoping they're just taking their bluff as far as they possible can. supposedly the bob and dan decision to stay came at the 11th hour. don't know the financials but i would definitely give their podcast a shot. gordo's tinkering with twitch gives me concern he is preparing for his next chapter. keeping those hours has to be a beating.
Just Tired
GarlandAg2012 said:

380Ag said:

True. I don't think Dan is sports savvy enough to cut it any where else and Jake, while knowledgeable, is highly abrasive and ******y. He makes me chuckle but a hard pill you swallow.

Yeah being an abrasive sports personality doesnt work for anyone.

I think you guys vastly overestimate how much talent matters. They need connections more than anything.
case in point... corgi
RabbleRouser07
AG
And Gordo going on the HZ for a segment every week or so. He's been all over The Ticket lately and I'm nervous he's tied to his friends more so than the vehicle of the radio station.
MonkeyKnifeFighter
AG
post 5:30 ticker song

https://www.streetdirectory.com/lyricadvisor/song/wecfcj/band_of_gold/

Quote:

Now that you're gone,
All that's left is a band of gold
All that's left of the dreams I hold
Is a band of gold
And the memories of what love could be
If you were still here with me

walton91
So if they have both resigned, who says what and when? Does Dan/Jake post any kind of "stay tuned, doing something new" announcement? Sirois and Danny were still on air when they gave notice, and talked about it on air so everyone knew what was happening. That's obviously not the case here. How long does the Ticket roll with a fill-in show before Cat makes an announcement?
WC87
AG
walton91 said:

So if they have both resigned, who says what and when? Does Dan/Jake post any kind of "stay tuned, doing something new" announcement? Sirois and Danny were still on air when they gave notice, and talked about it on air so everyone knew what was happening. That's obviously not the case here. How long does the Ticket roll with a fill-in show before Cat makes an announcement?
Was wondering the same thing, the little Ticket used to be full disclosure on all this type stuff, although certainly they wouldn't disclose details, just that they are no longer a part of the station. Are they still under contract or has it expired? I wonder if they are still negotiating a buy out of the rest of the month, say July?
Hincemm
AG
I doubt they're negotiating a buyout. Seems like there's no point at this juncture
aggielax00
AG
All of DJ's return cuts during Musers this morning have been "goodbye" related, or Aretha's "R-E-S-P-E-C-T". Oof.
walton91
That could be more related to George's sister
Hincemm
AG
for one segment, yes. for all of them seems a bit far fetched.
Just Tired
walton91 said:

That could be more related to George's sister
was very heartfelt but every time george said her name I kept hearing Norm butt in with "to nancy".
AggieFactor
AG
Just confirmed by George that this is the case, music is for his sister.
dave94
AG
Everyone reading into every minute detail these days
walton91
Not exactly sure what RadioInsight.com is but it was retweeted by Mark Schectman so I'm assuming its a legit radio site
Hincemm
AG
same goes for barrettsportsmedia...whatever that is

https://barrettsportsmedia.com/2023/07/18/dan-mcdowell-jake-kemp-exit-1310-96-7-the-ticket/amp/?fbclid=IwAR2SZSpRTZTuEUEHdDZpkY_9_iDfB0VqTizpy_fYGabwWtlDkMuibkO1cqk_aem_Ab74YN-g5TFm-OKte0jL9svzVAIi-JiX6pftdRi3wA_38gApnmt06L5Vcb292GBFXJQ&mibextid=Zxz2cZ
powerbelly
AG
Everyone seems to be running off the same email from last night.
East Dallas Ag
AG
It's pretty obvious that there's at least some question about when/if they will return, listening behind on the app George just teased "let's see what's going on from 10-3" not even breaking up the slot, and for all of the other shows while there were fill ins they always reset with "Musers are on dry dock, will be back in a week". Corby went over when Davey and Bob would be back yesterday. HZ is definitely out indefinitely at this point, but I suppose the potential for something to get worked out and they return exists.
Hincemm
AG
I fly by most of the commercials. Y'all here a Jake or Dan spot in the past couple of days?
AgGrad99
AG
I heard a Jake one this morning.

This is when it would have been great to keep Sirois around. Him and Donnie from 10-3 would be fun. Now it's just Donnie trying to carry the mid-day with the guys way down the bench.

The ticket might need to bring in some guys from other markets. They have no bench.
Rudyjax
AG
I edited the name. Please don't mention it.
A coworkers brother is a nationally syndicated host.

He's been contacted.

She said, " he heard about the Dallas gig but he doesn't want to live there with "the drama Dallas choking cowboys" "He said its a legendary station but "he aint moving to Texas"
ac04
good, sounds exactly like the kind of pompous dork i don't want anywhere near the station.
AgGrad99
AG
I didnt see the name.

But yeah, doesnt sound like a good fit. Even if you dont like the Cowboys, it's a giant market with the most recognizable NFL team there is, that always provides material for you to talk about. And the ticket isnt all-sports all the time. It's guy talk. Who the NFL Team is, should be further down the list.

Glad to hear they're looking around though. Better late than never I guess.
Hincemm
AG
Quote:

he doesn't want to live there with "the drama Dallas choking cowboys"

This doesn't make any sense to me. They may bring drama but they're also 365 days of material. The same can't be said for markets outside of Boston, New York, and LA.

And Bob and Dan proved that your like/dislike of the cowboys is immaterial.
First Page Last Page
Page 484 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.