Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,241,732 Views | 19952 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by FincAg
J.P. 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I honestly don't know if they can afford anything other than just promoting Sean Bass to Tier 1.

Although surely Norm was their highest-paid anchor so in theory they should have money to spend. The question is whether they actually will.
dvldog
AG
Well we're in for a treat today and tomorrow. Rich Phillips is filling in with Donnie.
Stive
AG
Quack
WC87
AG
Dick Hicks
Nagler
AG
Harry Cox. Big Harry Cox.
txag2008
AG
J.P. 03 said:

I honestly don't know if they can afford anything other than just promoting Sean Bass to Tier 1.

Although surely Norm was their highest-paid anchor so in theory they should have money to spend. The question is whether they actually will.
powerbelly
AG
J.P. 03 said:

There is no way Norm was the highest paid guy at the ticket anymore. He probably was when he first joined.
RabbleRouser07
AG
Can't pay a guy who barely does 2 hours more than the Award winning Musers who do 4.5 hours.
Ervin Burrell
AG
dvldog said:

Well we're in for a treat today and tomorrow. Rich Phillips is filling in with Donnie.
The return of Black and Quack.
J.P. 03
AG
txag2008 said:

[

Hey, I didn't say I liked it; I just said it's what they would probably do.

And now that I think about it, you guys are probably right about Norm not being the highest paid. I just assumed he was the best negotiator of the bunch and he was able to compound years and years of getting better raises than everyone else, but I didn't take into account the drama when Bob and Dan almost left and the impact that probably had on everyone else's salaries.

Either way, let's hope they bring in someone good.
Trajan88
AG
Dick Hicks makes an appearance.

https://www.reddit.com/r/theticket/comments/22uvwz/til_that_rich_phillipss_real_name_is_actually/
Goldie Wilson
Everybody cherish this episode of the Musers. After today, they're on vacation until the 17th
RabbleRouser07
AG
Guess I'll ketchup on podcasts. 5:30-12 will be a desolate wasteland.
East Dallas Ag
AG
I love ketchup
hoosier-daddy
Hang Zone replaying last week's show?
dave94
AG
hoosier-daddy said:

Hang Zone replaying last week's show?
Sounds like it, lol
dave94
AG
Now replaying the Ice Cube interview so I guess they're doing highlights from the week.
txag2008
AG
It a streaming issue? The opener was from today cause they did a weekend check.
Ol Sarge Friday
That was last Monday's opener. I don't mind you taking a long weekend but at least advertise it as such. Knew something was squirrelly when there was no mix.
walton91
Not sure what they were playing earlier but they are live now
walton91
Sean Bass and Mino in for the HZ today. Is the little Ticket trying to kill me?
Beast of Burden
walton91 said:

You know you don't have to listen every day…right?
The Pilot
AG
I'm sorry for ever complaining about Norm…Tim C is 10x worse.
Hincemm
AG
Hell hath frozen ever.

The best thing on the ticket today is DJ and Monty.

And I've heard some concerns from buddies about the HZ absence. That's a lot of time away for mr. Dan.
matt.hince@mei-travel.com
Coates
walton91 said:

Sean is the most boring, unfunny personality they have. I swear everything I've turned it on the last couple weeks he's on and talking non stop baseball. So painful.
Ol Sarge Friday
Hincemm said:

Hell hath frozen ever.

The best thing on the ticket today is DJ and Monty.

And I've heard some concerns from buddies about the HZ absence. That's a lot of time away for mr. Dan.
The earlier week's absence was well-advertised. This one seemed a bit out of the blue. Dan leaves and I'll be down to just Gordo segments.
Bones08
AG
Coates said:

walton91 said:

Sean is the most boring, unfunny personality they have. I swear everything I've turned it on the last couple weeks he's on and talking non stop baseball. So painful.
What are everyone's top 3 Sean Bass drops? Mine are...

1) The Rick Carlisle stutter

That's the only drop I can recall.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Seriously, Sean Bass cannot be the permanent answer in that spot. They have to know this.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Corby and Donny were great on Wednesday or whenever that was. But then there is a hole for the hardline. That's the problem with having no bench whatsoever. There is not a good answer. Rip sirois.

This may not be a popular opinion, but Ty walker has been making me laugh a lot on the HZ and Hardline when he chimes in., which isn't too often. I'm sure he doesn't have enough to host fulll time but he's been a great addition to both shows.
Spaceship
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Corby and Donny were great on Wednesday or whenever that was. But then there is a hole for the hardline. That's the problem with having no bench whatsoever. There is not a good answer. Rip sirois.

This may not be a popular opinion, but Ty walker has been making me laugh a lot on the HZ and Hardline when he chimes in., which isn't too often. I'm sure he doesn't have enough to host fulll time but he's been a great addition to both shows.

I've always thought Ty Walker is great. As you said, probably doesn't have enough to be a cornerstone host, but could definitely be elevated.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea I'd at least like for them to give him a shot to fill in with Donny for a couple of days. Maybe he is bad in large doses but he's pretty damn funny in small doses, so it's worth a shot to see what he'd do.

But maybe he doesn't like hosting shows or just doesn't want to put forth the effort. Who knows.
Hincemm
AG
there's a reason he's been relegated to weekends for a long time.

and black & quack was a thing for a while...

good in small doses. that's about it.
752bro4
AG
I haven't minded Monty and DJ and Peter this week, other than their terrible attempts at 8:40 bits. I do hate DJs high pitched laugh though. Monty had a couple of lines in Muse this morning that made me laugh. They're no Musers, but they're also no Country Force.

Sean Bass is the radio version of watching paint dry.

No Sirois kills the bench still. Big fail, Cat.
The Pilot
AG
Wonder if Ted Emrich would get a look at?
AgGrad99
AG
What would we think about Monty and Donovan?

First Page Last Page
Page 480 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.