Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,122,293 Views | 19415 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Ervin Burrell
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ftworthag02 said:

I hope they bring sirios back

Yeah if there are big changes I'd guess it's about who's getting let go…not who's coming back or getting picked up.
Rudyjax
AG
VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

ftworthag02 said:

I doubt they are bringing anybody back, I am not sure they can afford it. Ratings are down at the station and in general.
Terrestrial radio is dead. They just don't know it yet.

VP at Pierce and Pierce
Rudyjax said:

ftworthag02 said:

I doubt they are bringing anybody back, I am not sure they can afford it. Ratings are down at the station and in general.
Terrestrial radio is dead. They just don't know it yet.

I think they know it. There is a reason Bob has been doing side projects for a few years, same with Gordo. They see the writing on the wall. George has his stuff too. Junior will retire soon, heck they all will.
Hincemm
AG
the hang zone's appearance on the gist podcast got into a lot of ticket stuff yesterday.

worth a listen

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/flooding-the-dumb-zone/id873667927?i=1000658834231
Legal Custodian
AG
Well that's quite a trifecta apartment I believe

Jerry West
Willie Mays
Donald Sutherland (passed away today)
DallasAggie89
AG
Stive said:

ftworthag02 said:

Yeah if there are big changes I'd guess it's about who's getting let go…not who's coming back or getting picked up.

Hopefully they are letting Matt go. He has a big bag of nothing.
dvldog
AG
For everybody that has left over the past few years, I don't remember them announcing an all-hands meeting further out than the night before...or even announcing anything prior to. It was typically contained within that person's show and unannounced until the actual segment or the teaser before that segment.

Am I wrong in remembering that?
The Pilot
AG
DallasAggie89 said:

Stive said:

ftworthag02 said:

Matt is annoying at times, but I'd drop Sean & Mino before replacing Matt.
DallasAggie89
AG
The Pilot said:

DallasAggie89 said:

Stive said:

ftworthag02 said:

They can all go. I don't listen 10-3 anymore because they all suck.
Nagler
AG
I like Donny but I turn it off because of Matt. He's probably good but he just wears me out.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
The Pilot said:

DallasAggie89 said:

Stive said:

ftworthag02 said:

This! At least Matt is a good presenter of information and can speak well. The other two just cannot present anything. They are not good communicators. Sure Matt can be a beating about non sports but he has a vast amount of sports knowledge which makes up for it. And the station needs sports knowledge more than ever as the Musers care less about sports than ever and Corby too.
DallasAg03
AG
dumbzone has been going live on youtube noon-3 the last two days.
The Pilot
AG
Nagler said:

I like Donny but I turn it off because of Matt. He's probably good but he just wears me out.

Donnie & Sirios would be great.
Hincemm
AG
DallasAg03 said:

dumbzone has been going live on youtube noon-3 the last two days.
total coincidence

where did bob let it slip that there was an all-hands? on their show?
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Junior "A&M has never played for a national title in football, they won in 1939 before there was a title game."

Junior 4 minutes later "Detroit should claim all NFL title for the Lions even if they were before the Super Bowl."

National title games just started being played in the past 30 years in college, prior to that it was up to the liberal media on which blue blood they wanted to award.

Junior and a few others are so eager to paint A&M in a bad light. Instead of talking about how it is a meeting between to programs that have never won a title in baseball and how the somewhat local team is playing for the title, he cant wait to use half baked stats to take shots. I am not even arguing that the shots are not warranted, just old and the negativity around those guys is a beating.
ChipFTAC01
AG

Junior "A&M has never played for a national title in football, they won in 1939 before there was a title game."

Junior 4 minutes later "Detroit should claim all NFL title for the Lions even if they were before the Super Bowl."

National title games just started being played in the past 30 years in college, prior to that it was up to the liberal media on which blue blood they wanted to award.

Junior and a few others are so eager to paint A&M in a bad light. Instead of talking about how it is a meeting between to programs that have never won a title in baseball and how the somewhat local team is playing for the title, he cant wait to use half baked stats to take shots. I am not even arguing that the shots are not warranted, just old and the negativity around those guys is a beating.

The lions should and do claim their titles from pre-super bowl era. Just like the packers do and the Cowboys would if they won the ice bowl.

Edit: Nevermind - the ice bowl was the NFL cmahpionship before super bowl I. Thought it was year before.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
ChipFTAC01 said:

The lions should and do claim their titles from pre-super bowl era. Just like the packers do and the Cowboys would if they won the ice bowl.

Edit: Nevermind - the ice bowl was the NFL cmahpionship before super bowl I. Thought it was year before.
I get it, to me what is frustrating about their college football talk often lacks historical context and even basic research. Junior will talk about the greatness of OU football winning titles in the 50's then sneaker at A&M and our title 12 years earlier. These guys just ignore anything about A&M in the 80s and 90s to fit their view point that A&M has never played in a single meaningful post season game meanwhile had we won the Cotton Bowl in '92 season we win a share of the MNC.
We dont have much history, I know, but to blatantly ignore the history we do have while celebrating the history of schools they didnt even attend and their success in the same timeframe is BS.

These guys should be talking about how Schloss moved over and instantly upgraded the program. Instead its veiled shots and sneakers while they pretend we have been some big money school for 80 years.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Speaking of OU….
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Cant wait to hear the spin on how Venables inherited such a worse situation than Jimbo and how Brent is recruiting so much better than Jimbo and he just hasn't caught the breaks.
Decay
AG
Also remember some of these Ticket hosts are just going to be sour grapes because Schloss left TCU, of which several hosts claim to be fans of some sort.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Decay said:

Also remember some of these Ticket hosts are just going to be sour grapes because Schloss left TCU, of which several hosts claim to be fans of some sort.
Which host would care even a little bit about TCU baseball, outside of maybe Corby (doubt he really cares about it at all)? I'd suspect the hosts, outside of maybe Bob, are like much of the rest of the country and couldn't care less about college baseball.
Gomer95
AG
Jub would care but only in reminiscing about "the good 'ol SWC days" which I love Jub but he is too nostalgic about those old days when we all hated each other lol. He also only really does it concerning about football and probably wouldn't care about the other sports.
I hate rude behavior in a man. Won't tolerate it. - Woodrow F. Call
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Ervin Burrell said:

Decay said:

Which host would care even a little bit about TCU baseball, outside of maybe Corby (doubt he really cares about it at all)? I'd suspect the hosts, outside of maybe Bob, are like much of the rest of the country and couldn't care less about college baseball.
They clearly care enough to take an unnecessary shot at A&M instead of provide a congrats and excitement.
gabehcoud
I gave that fancy AI music a shot

https://suno.com/song/fb021be2-5b5a-4474-8209-18c9151b23e9
walton91
10/10
No notes
mavsfan4ever
AG
So glad we got Craig back so we can have riveting segments like "who is the best qb in the nfc." That's what I needed to pick me up on this Monday morning.
double aught
AG
I did enjoy Craig's Rules of Flying segment. One of the ones he read was: No reclining, ever. I've always thought this one was silly, and I do not support it!
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
As a tall human, I hate you.
Mozart Paintings
AG
As a frequent traveler, I fully support this. Don't recline.
double aught
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

You hate the seat, not me.
Rudyjax
AG
double aught said:

Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

You hate the seat, not me.
No, he hates you because you chose to make his space smaller.
Old Tom Morris
Tall person here. I don't recline and hope the person in front of me offers the same courtesy. Once airlines shrank the space between rows, this is a feature that probably should have been ditched like the ash trays that used to be in the arm rests
double aught
AG
I'm tall too and I've never felt imposed upon by someone reclining their seat. It's not even that noticeable. And I can always reclaim that amount of space be reclining my own seat.
Old Tom Morris
It's not about the space higher up as it is about the seat pushing back against my knees. Reclining mine doesn't reclaim that. Maybe you are one of those longer body, shorter legs tall folks.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
I caught most of the segment but was there anything on the list about not looking like a slob when traveling? People take a pillow, a bad of crap along with wearing pajamas to take a three hour flight from Lovefield to Midway.
First Page
Page 554 of 555

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.