Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,222,555 Views | 19924 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by InternetFan02
Aggie_Eric98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
got to thinking about the situation...

I have narrowed it down to 2 scenerios

1) back in rehab
2) tried to committ suicide due to withdraw and getting help with mental issues.
SoCalAg97
AG
i dont think its suicide, b/c Mike sounded real angry the few days after it when telling everyone greggo was taking personal time. i think he would have had some compassion for his buddy if this were the case.

i think its a drug thing again.
InternetFan02
AG
He had to leave suddenly in the middle of Why Today Doesn't Suck that one Friday, right? And hasn't been heard from since? Leaves it open that it was some sort of emergency medical problem, not a planned rehab check-in like last time.
Slurm
Did anyone else hear corby say to Kscott "youre gonna fit in great with this show" when they were making fun of his greggoesk moment?
Sounds like theyve already made a decision on the replacement to me
tarrantcountyag
old-Rudyjax
I think he was referring to the greggo moment kscott had.

I wonder if he was high all the time it would make sense for him not watching anything, not being able to talk about it, etc.

He's been so bad for so long that it drove me crazy.

I was behind him in line once at a Desparados game with him getting ice cream. In a perfect Robot Greggo voice, "I'd like one please."
sterlicious
AG
well I am very curious about this absence, but even more curious about this alleged Rhyner divorce.
3rd Platoon
AG
Rhyner is dead.
old-Rudyjax
You're more interested about someone's divorce than someone disapearing from work and no one is taking about it?
Hincemm
AG
quote:
no one has spoken to me about ralph barbieri....though i have heard him before, and he's actually very good, i don't know the guy

thank goodness...the "razor" ralph barbieri is a thorough whipping. i listened to him when i lived in northern california a couple years ago and has no value whatsoever. the only thing i ever heard that guy talk about was his love affair with barry bonds and his liberal/bush-hating political views.
YouBet
AG
quote:
Did anyone else hear corby say to Kscott "youre gonna fit in great with this show" when they were making fun of his greggoesk moment?

Yes. I hope they just stick with KScott.
sterlicious
AG
Rhyner is alive and well.
So is his baseball weenie.

I am way more interested in his divorce (if legit) than anyone's disappearance. I have every bit of faith that Greggo will be back - as I said before - so long as his voice and mind are still capable of a talk radio gig.
tejas87
I love listening to Greggo! I realize that he has very little sports knowledge and can't host a show to save his life, or interviews for that matter(ie.chief kunkle) but the comments he makes on women or the things he says when he gets mad are GOLD! I'm so glad for the drops, Greggo will live on forever.
STAY HARD GREGGO!!
dallasag_123
Interesting:

blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2007/11/the_ticket_mystery_solved.php
Terk
AG
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
K Scott got ****-canned from his show in Austin.

OVER - RATED - CLAP, CLAP, CLAP CLAP CLAP
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You realize he got fired b/c he tried to bring some of The Ticket format to austin right? They wanted all sports all the time & couldnt handle his trying to bring the ticket randomness into the mix. Just saying...before you hate on him, get your facts straight.

I had my facts straight. I stated that he got tossed from his job in Austin. I know exactly why he got tossed, and didn't make any reference otherwise.

I also stated that he is over-rated, which he is. He should not have gotten another chance at the Ticket, cause he is weak. He's not particularly funny, and taking him back to the ticket was a bad move.
InternetFan02
AG
from the observer link above
quote:
My best guesstimation: Hammer’s problems are deep enough and serious enough that, because of legal ramifications, the station is hand-cuffed by what it can and can’t say. All I know for a fact is this: There are station employees who have given up on Williams as a broadcaster, concerned at this point only for Williams as a person. --Richie Whitt

Slurm
so are there some kind of criminal charges against him? I cant go to the link at work
SoCalAg97
AG
no, he isnt saying greg is having legal issues. richie witt is saying due to legal issues, the guys at the Ticket can't say anything about greggo. i think there are legal (privacy) issues about talking about someone's health issues.

i feel bad for greggo. i love his brash personality. and maybe this is the Aggie in me, but he and Mike love the Aggies, so i loved hearing them talk Aggie football. Corby and K Scott annoy the heck out of me when they talk college football now. They both continually trash our program's reputation. Granted we suck right now and have for a few years, but i dont think we are trash like they insinuate. Yesterday listening to Corby and K Scott pile on our program sucked, whether its true or not.
sterlicious
AG
that breaks my heart that there are certain station employees who have given up on him. He's one crazy effer, but I love him.

I hope he can get a hug from somebody
sterlicious
AG
ps. and you know that Ritchie Whitt knows what he's talking about since he actually filled in during one of these days. Sounds like he talked to SOMEbody.
95tx_ag
AG
P1 comes from the fact that the radio station is programmed into the 1 stop on your presets....it makes you a P1 when 1310 is your # 1 preset.
hindsight
When you're forced to listen to generic sportstalk, you appreciate the greatness of The Ticket. In St. Louis they talk Cardinals 365 days a year. Puke! Thank the Lord for internet radio.

Corby is a total OU homer and A&M hater. He's knowledgeable about CFB but I can't stand to listen to him when they talk about A&M, I can't wait until we have a decent coach and start beating OU regularly. He's a such an efffing punk.

FJB
AG
Greggo is a dummy if he did this to himself.

KScott sux.
LH_Aggie
I spoke to someone that works at the station, and he pretty much said he knows nothing. They're keeping a pretty tight lid on it, whatever it is.
YouBet
AG
Regarding that blog, L4 guy is annoying and not funny at all.
ToddyHill
AG
Hey, Greggo's back! Just heard him before they broke for the Cowboy press conference.
Slurm
are you sure it wasnt a drop?

Grubes has so many greggo drops that they can pretty much have a whole segment with nothing but the other guys talking to drops
sixiron
AG
it was a drop. he's not back today.
ToddyHill
AG
Yeah, I fell for it...thought it was the real Greg.
plarmigan
AG
you're not the first person to fall for a Greggo drop

[This message has been edited by plarmigan (edited 11/5/2007 4:18p).]
bbattbq01
AG
mike just reiterated that he's on personal leave and they don't know when he's going to be back.
culdeus
AG
The longer he's gone the greater chance he gets his job back. I mean at this point if they were going to fire him I'd think they would have made up their mind on that and made an announcement as such.
MW03
AG
man, i have had a hard time listening to the Ticket since it became Adrian Peterson chugging all day, every day.
Brad 98
AG
Any new news?
bbattbq01
AG
no
First Page Last Page
Page 5 of 570

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.