Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,222,412 Views | 19924 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by InternetFan02
ac04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i just laughed so hard i cried at that series of greggo drops. i hope he comes back soon.
sixiron
AG
The Greggo drops while they were on the phone with the Taco Bell guy was greatness!
plarmigan
AG
I just had people ask me what was so funny. That was awesome.
plarmigan
AG
nip nip, colon.
TriAg2010
AG
"afternoon, sports talk radio"
SoCalAg97
AG
quote:
i just laughed so hard i cried at that series of greggo drops. i hope he comes back soon.

EXACTLY! and people are ready to trade Greggo in for Kevin Scott. COME ON PEOPLE! just for the drops alone, Greggo is greatness!
Uncooked Bacon
AG
The "I like ketchup" drop yesterday was greatness.
ABatt2006
Greggo is a huge part of the ticket and one of the main reasons its still around today. The Ticket doesn’t cram sports down your throat 24 hours a day the way most other stations do, they have that element of 'guy talk' where Greggo is gold. Without his back porch witticisms (especially in the yearly years), The ticket is nothing more than an average sports station in a big market.

Haz-mat uniform
Mooch98
AG
Greggo piggy made had me rolling as I tried to drive home today.
sixiron
AG
posted on the thread on Football Other:
http://www.lonestarball.com/story/2007/10/31/0142/5243

looks to be just a rumor...but i wouldn't be surprised if a permanent change is about to take place.
culdeus
AG
That's nothing but copy+paste from a bobanddan.net forum post.
hbk_ben
AG
I emailed Jeff Catlin, Operations Mgr at the ticket. This is his reply.

This is Jeff Catlin's - station mgr - reply to my email.

Ben,
I've seen it. Let me assure you that this post is 100% PURE NONSENSE

Jeff Catlin
Program Director
Sportsradio 1310 The Ticket
Operations Manager, Stimulating Talk 570 KLIF
Cumulus Media Dallas, TX 214.526.7400
eld02
AG
little piggy greggo always kills me. grubes is the man.
sixiron
AG
glad to hear Catman say it's not true...

but I still wouldn't be surprised if a change is coming.
hbk_ben
AG
Rhynes responded to my email (i sent the email to cat, rhynes and corby) with the following:

this is coming from someone with none of the inside information they claim to have....the bad radio forum, the biggest waste of time and protoplasm ever, is the origin of this....i don't know what the plan for the hammer is, but i will tell you this: no one has spoken to me about ralph barbieri....though i have heard him before, and he's actually very good, i don't know the guy....and if the plan is to run someone else in there, i don't think it would be somebody i don't know....further, i imagine i would have significant input into any such decision and i've not heard his name once....for now, anyway, this story has no credibility and it would be foolish for you or anyone else to attach any to it
sixiron
AG
quote:
the bad radio forum, the biggest waste of time and protoplasm ever

Rhynes is great.
InternetFan02
AG
Thanks for posting the e-mail. It appears that Rhynes is acknowledging that they are searching for a permanent replacement. This could be a big problem because it will have to be someone he is comfortable with. The Hammer is irreplaceable.
InternetFan02
AG
Also, continual posting of these rumors and letting them spin out of control could force their hand into acknowledging what is going on publicly.
Jeff99
I'm really concerned about Greggo. I still laugh when I think about the story of him "apologizing to all my fans." If the Ticket did decide to make a change, I know it would be VERY hard. I do think there's a lot of genuine loyalty among Ticket management towards the Day 1'ers.
sterlicious
AG
Kevin Scott with the Hardline is immeasurably better than Kevin Scott with Rich Phillips.

Greggo's hot women opinions cannot be replicated, however, by anyone on the crew. There is a certain zeal, and finality, when he makes a declaration about a woman that nobody else seems to have.

Greggo will be back if whatever has kept him away does not FORCE him to leave. I've been concerned for a while now that we may be counting the days/years until Rhyner (who is alive and well) experiences a stroke of Dick Clark proportions. I really hope this never happens to any of those guys, but I'm thinking that either rehab or a stroke seem like the most likely suspects.

I suppose that he could have a familial issue with a parental unit, but it doesn't seem like that's something that would keep you out for 3 weeks.

I admit, Rhyner runs the presentation much better than Greggo does, but Greggo is greatness in the role he plays.

I hope he makes it back.

I cherish every day that goes by and the Ticket is "status quo". It just won't be quite the same when Junior wins the lottery and bails, when Mike retires or when Norm's babboon heart gives out.
bdenby
AG
I'd like to feel those boobs.
SoCalAg97
AG
I am a P1 Day 1. Ive moved around the country taking the Ticket with me thanks to the Internet. I still see the Musers and Gordo and Mike and Greg as what has made the Ticket what it is today. Those 5 guys ARE the Ticket. I will be real sad if Greg doesnt come back. To me it will be the end of a GREAT era that won't be replicated and the start of moving the Ticket towards becoming another generic sports radio station.

sterlicious
AG
and why have they still never addressed Tom's divorce yet?
Bismarck
AG
Probably the same reason they haven't addressed Rhyner's divorce yet.
Mozart Paintings
AG

I'm a hammer fan. Can act like a fool sometimes, but the stuff he'll say, especially about womens, is hilarious. Hope he comes back.

[This message has been edited by jh94 (edited 10/31/2007 4:05p).]
Jeff99
Rhynes and Gribble have both gotten divorces? I'm way out of the loop, I guess.

[This message has been edited by Jeff99 (edited 10/31/2007 4:12p).]
SoCalAg97
AG
can you blame a woman for leaving Gribble. He's annoying as hell.

did any of you just hear Mike address the rumor about Greggo being replaced from the outside. He just shot that down saying it had absolutely no merit.
sterlicious
AG
missed that. weren't they doing trick or treating talk?
Ervin Burrell
AG
I'm not a huge fan of Greggo, but I think if he ever does leave, we will realize how much we miss him...is he a sports genius? no, but his chemistry w/ rhynes was amazing. He also (to me) always seemed like the most genuine guy on the station...I can't imagine him being a d/ck in real life. I hope he gets over whatever is bothering him and comes back.

BTW, Gribble is a BAMF...he mailed my ass a shirt a few months ago...told him I was an Ag, and he took care of the rest.

ALSO, if Greggo does come back, I wouldn't mind seeing (hearing) a Kevin Scott/Rich Phillips show to take over the spot that Big Dick left over a year ago.

[This message has been edited by FPS Doug (edited 11/1/2007 12:35a).]

[This message has been edited by FPS Doug (edited 11/1/2007 11:49a).]
plarmigan
AG
miss me some Greggo
Slightly off topic and a day late, but here are some Gordo Halloween Cards.

Dear Trick or Treater,
When I saw you it was love at first sight. Of course it was through a rifle scope and my pants were down.
Sincerely,
-Gordon

Dear Teenage Trick or Treater with No Costume and an Attitude,
I know you’re way too cool to fall for the old razor blade in the apple trick, but are you too cool to fall for the ice-scraper in the Adam’s apple trick?
We’re ‘bout to find out,
-Gordon

My Dearly beloved and recently departed,
I know some will say it was wrong to bury you in the ground without a coffin. But they don’t realize how hard you fought me when I tried to put you in it.
Don’t judge,
-Gordon

Dear vain witch,
Do you know what is more shallow than you? The hole I am about to plant you in.
Look out.
-Gordon

Dearly Beloved,
I know you wanted to go to a haunted house this Halloween, but look at it this way, now you can haunt this house forever.
I’m gay,
-Gordon

Dear Witchy witchy witch witch,
I am kinda getting into jewelry. Your ovaries are going to make great earrings.
Die,
Gordon

Dear Spider ring wearer,
You ought to paint you breasts as pumpkins for sexy halloween treat. I promise I will carve them with my lock-blade tastefully after I pin you down.

No anethetic,
Gordon

Dear Trick or Treat friend,
It saddens me that Halloween can come only once a year. I am more frequent than that.
Dress skimpy,
-Gordon

sam callahan
quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing (hearing) a Kevin Scott/Rich Phillips show to take over the spot that Dick Hicks left over a year ago.

Rich Philips = Dick Hicks
Tree Hugger
AG
I think he may be thinking of The P1 Wild Ass Circus with Big Dick Hunter, which has been gone for a while.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Yeah you guys are right...I got my dicks confused.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
^
|
|
That's what she said.
First Page Last Page
Page 4 of 570

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.