Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,222,028 Views | 19924 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by InternetFan02
tree91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Go Danny!
Tree Hugger
AG
you heard me?

(see the thread on the GB)
TresPuertas
AG
They better be careful. Im starting to like the Hardline with Kevin Scott more and more every day.
chick79
AG
Greggo really brought nothing to the show IMO....... Kevin Scott knows a helluva lot more about sports than Greggo does anyway........ he may not return..........
eld02
AG
another vote for the k. scott version of the hardline. greggo has been bringing nothing to the show lately. it's seemed like he wasn't even paying attention or interested in what was going on half the time. hopefully he didn't relapse and when he does return he's back to old greggo form. otherwise keep k. scott.
Bonfire1996
AG
Guys, I think K Scott is permanent. That is the only explanation for me as he has a normal gig in Austin.
Bismarck
AG
K Scott got fired from his show in Austin.
Terk
AG
K Scott got ****-canned from his show in Austin.

OVER - RATED - CLAP, CLAP, CLAP CLAP CLAP.

[This message has been edited by aggiestud (edited 10/27/2007 1:47p).]
eld02
AG
who cares?

better than GREGGO - clap, clap, clap clap clap!
H6RBW
AG
Kevin Scott is greatness. I was disappointed when he left and was glad to hear he'd returned.
CU04_
quote:
K Scott got ****-canned from his show in Austin.

OVER - RATED - CLAP, CLAP, CLAP CLAP CLAP

You realize he got fired b/c he tried to bring some of The Ticket format to austin right? They wanted all sports all the time & couldnt handle his trying to bring the ticket randomness into the mix. Just saying...before you hate on him, get your facts straight.
culdeus
AG
Some pretty reliable leaks coming out that it is in fact a rehab stint for a different drug with no timetable for return.

Now, some have said his speech slurred more in the weeks before the absence, but I sort of thought his speech was never clearer and was much more slurred in July/August. I had trouble understanding him at times and he had big time trail off.
SoCalAg97
AG
culdeus

just curious, but what are these reliable sources?
Slurm
pretty sure hes just making crap up
culdeus
AG
I know some ags that know grubes. He's got sort of loose lips and won't "confirm or deny" things to them.

Here's what I think independent of that:

He's been gone 2+ weeks and they had it set up for a replacement guy today. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind he's on some sort of rehab stint. He's not married and has no young kids that would require such a bereavement leave of any consequence. I can't think of a single other thing that would require this secrecy beyond perhaps a death or some tragedy and few would keep anyone out of a job 2+ weeks like this. I mean losing your dad/mom at his age isn't exactly a stop down shock that would put anyone out 2 weeks from any job.

He's in rehab, and it's for something harder than oxycontin this time. Probably not booze. I still think prescription drugas, just not the ones he did before or he'd be back by now (unless they are firing him).

I'm calling it. Greggo is done at the ticket.
culdeus
AG
Also for the first time the show is not called "the hardline" today by Mike.

Party is over folks.

Stay hard greggo and get over whatever is bothering you.

[This message has been edited by culdeus (edited 10/29/2007 3:44p).]
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Kelly Milligan
Aggie_Eric98
AG
quote:
Also for the first time the show is not called "the hardline" today by Mike.

They have been saying that for the last few shows.

They are still using Greggo drops which leads me to believe he will return after his cocaine rehab. (speculation)
SoCalAg97
AG
yeah, last week Mike wouldnt refer to the show as the Hardline either.

i do think Greggo will be back. Just not sure when. For the same reasons as Eric says, they are playing alot more Greggo drops and stuff. The first few days he was gone, it seemed like they did everything to avoid his existence.

but i will stand up for Greggo and go against most of your opinions and say i still love Greggo. Is he a sports expert, no? But most of them arent. I still think his personality is great on the air and he brings A TON to the Ticket and the Hardline. Dont forget, he is one of the founding fathers of this station, so if you love the Ticket, give him a little respect and credit.

i hope he's doing OK, whatever the cause is.
AG
http://www.zazzle.com/where_s_greggo_shirt-235418513596289204
dcAg
Vicodin was the reason for Greggo's first stint at rehab if I remember correctly.
PuryearAg98
AG
Kelly Milligan. Fail.

Try again Jeff Catlin. Please try again. I almost had to turn the channel when this guy was on. I thought he was a visitor or a friend of Corby's, but he just kept talking and adding crappy dialogue.
The deep throat informant would be a good replacement.
TriAg2010
AG
Whoever they had today sucked. I listed for about 5 minutes and never caught his name. K-Scott should be Grego's replacement if one is actually needed.
Chewy
AG
That guy yesterday did blow goats. It made me really long for the days of Greggo and I'm not a big fan of Greggo because he doesn't know jack about sports. At least Greggo has his moments where he makes you laugh at him.

That guy yesterday brought a big bag of nothing.

Kevin Scott is okay but I haven't heard enough of him and wasn't around when he was here earlier.
Tree Hugger
AG
Yesterday Mike was referring to the show as "The Hardline, or what passes for it these days"

I agree with others though, I think it's rehab, and booze is a part of it, but not the whole.
East Dallas Ag
AG
I like Kevin Scott but he doesn't have enough of a distinguishable persona from Corby and Danny. He sounds like a mesh of those two guys when he speaks and with the stuff he says. They need to find someone who stands out, audibly and personality-wise. The dude yesterday was terrible; I've all but given up on the Hardline. BaD Radio is far and away the best show on right now.
YouBet
AG
Where did this Kelly character come from?

He tried too hard and he sounded smug and pompous. I like KScott.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
quote:
BaD Radio is far and away the best show on right now.
I hope by "right now" you mean "noon to three on weekdays." That's the only way your comment makes any sense.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Kelly has been on before, they had him fill in a few times right after he was on the Sports Center reality show.

He is pompous in real life, as I have met him at a few bars around town.
eld02
AG
kelly sucked. sounded like he had written out all of his jokes and liners before the show and just waited for mike to set him up. sounded like mike wanted to say, 'wtf are you talking about?' after almost everything he said, but realized it wouldn't have made a difference. what a beating.
Flying Amoeba
AG
I agree that Kelly was awful. Hope Greggo resolves his issues soon.
SoCalAg97
AG
man, that guy yesteday was terrible. thats funny i wasnt alone on that opinion.
Laddy
AG
No kidding, I couldn't stand listening to Kelly yesterday. Man he was awful.
TriAg2010
AG
Kelly = bad knock-off of Dennis Miller
First Page Last Page
Page 3 of 570

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.