Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,239,932 Views | 19951 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by mavsfan4ever
True Anomaly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As someone who couldn't care less about golf, I'm all the way in on golf talk today. what a banner news day
752bro4
AG
This LIV/PGA thing is giving me flashbacks of SWC Jub a decade ago.
zag213004
AG
Would love to find the segments of Corby saying that he is pro PGA because LIV is supported by blood money
East Dallas Ag
AG
Am I the only one who feels the Hang Zone has become incredibly stale? They could really benefit by bringing on a 3rd piece like Monty.
The Pilot
AG
If any show could benefit from a 3rd wheel it's norm
double aught
AG
"Donnie, I-gree!"
Goldie Wilson
East Dallas Ag said:

Am I the only one who feels the Hang Zone has become incredibly stale? They could really benefit by bringing on a 3rd piece like Monty.
Lot of play some audio, pause the audio, react to the audio, play more audio, more react to audio, etc
dave94
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

East Dallas Ag said:

Lot of play some audio, pause the audio, react to the audio, play more audio, more react to audio, etc
To be fair, there's a lot of audio gold with this LIV situation. And I've been way more entertained by Dan and Jake's take on this than any of the other shows.
Legal Custodian
AG
12-3 dropped in quality more than 3-7 and 10-12 did with the change, IMO.

I might be biased because I can't stand Jake (his takes or his voice)
Spaceship
AG
I'm probably in the minority too but Dan/Jake are way behind the Musers and Hardline in my opinion. They offer nothing insightful, Dan talks too slow and Jake is arrogant as if he's always in on an inside joke nobody else knows.
powerbelly
AG
The problem I have is that Jake and Dan are too similar. The differences between Bob and Dan with Jake filling in gaps made the show great.
Macarthur
I just don't listen in the middle of the day anymore.
Ol Sarge Friday
Legal Custodian said:

12-3 dropped in quality more than 3-7 and 10-12 did with the change, IMO.

I might be biased because I can't stand Jake (his takes or his voice)

Agree that Bob & Dan were the best but even Bob can't make me endure much Corby. He is the worst.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

East Dallas Ag said:

Hang zone has been my favorite show for a while. But I fast forward through every audio segment and usually fast forward through the news. which means I fast forward through half their show because they have at least 2 audio segments a day it seems like. And none are entertaining one or remotely funny. It's just them nitpicking stuff that doesn't need to be nitpicked. Yea we get it, when announcers have to talk for 4 hours straight, they may say something kinda weird or say something that is not correct. We don't need a segment on it, especially if it's a big game we already watched live.
JAG03
AG
I've said this several times but Jake has a big bag of nothing! Tc has more to offer than jake! Cat is single handily ****ing the ticket!
dave94
AG
JAG03 said:

I've said this several times but Jake has a big bag of nothing! Tc has more to offer than jake! Cat is single handily ****ing the ticket!

That is a ridiculously horrible take
The Pilot
AG
Bout the only thing tc is good at is coughing e brakes.
The Pilot
AG
JAG03
AG
That might be true but it's more than jake can offer!
Spaceship
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Goldie Wilson said:

East Dallas Ag said:

Hang zone has been my favorite show for a while. But I fast forward through every audio segment and usually fast forward through the news. which means I fast forward through half their show because they have at least 2 audio segments a day it seems like. And none are entertaining one or remotely funny. It's just them nitpicking stuff that doesn't need to be nitpicked. Yea we get it, when announcers have to talk for 4 hours straight, they may say something kinda weird or say something that is not correct. We don't need a segment on it, especially if it's a big game we already watched live.

This is so true, I'm always astonished they keep coming back to such lame content.
CampingAg
AG
I get that it's big news but I am beaten by golf talk.
TMACsDaMan
Lee Trevino!!! He's always great on the Ticket
Chewy
AG
TMACsDaMan said:

Lee Trevino!!! He's always great on the Ticket
Indeed. The Musers should make him a fill in host. For 83 he's still got his wit about him for sure.
TMACsDaMan
His tennison story is so true!!! Lol!
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
TMACsDaMan said:

His tennison story is so true!!! Lol!

What was it?

When I first moved to Dallas I went there with a customer to play 18 one morning. I noticed on the first tee box he had a 9mm with him. He then told me a few years prior he was robbed at gunpoint on the course.

We weren't robbed that day but we did see a bum swimming/bathing in one of the ponds.

Ervin Burrell
AG
CampingAg said:

I get that it's big news but I am beaten by golf talk.

Giant golf nerd here who was floored by the news and even I'll agree with this…but we're entering the deadest time of year sports-wise so I guess I get it.
Danny Vermin
Played there last weekend and the only thing that's annoying is the guy collecting golf balls and won't get out of the way.
double aught
AG
Spaceship said:

I'm probably in the minority too but Dan/Jake are way behind the Musers and Hardline in my opinion. They offer nothing insightful, Dan talks too slow and Jake is arrogant as if he's always in on an inside joke nobody else knows.
I like Jake, but there's some truth to this. He gave the perfect arrogant example today when he talked about how odd he thought it was that a ref's parents attended his first nba finals game.
AgGrad99
AG
I love Dan/Jake. Their show just doesnt seem as scripted as the others to me. I enjoy that. It's always entertaining, even if I disagree with their takes.

But the new trio of the Hardline has grown on me. I think they've hit their stride. Bob has raised the water level there...and they're doing a good job of letting producers/board ops chime in. I do think the need to mix up the script some. They could stand to mix in some fresh segments and maybe phase some of them out (like Trifecta). Trifecta kills me, because by the time they get to discussing the person, it's old news and we know most of the segment already (or it was someone no one cared to learn about anyway).
ac04
i never listen to dan and jake on 1310 the ticket
Legal Custodian
AG
Koko was back at 8:40
Spaceship
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I love Dan/Jake. Their show just doesnt seem as scripted as the others to me. I enjoy that. It's always entertaining, even if I disagree with their takes.

But the new trio of the Hardline has grown on me. I think they've hit their stride. Bob has raised the water level there...and they're doing a good job of letting producers/board ops chime in. I do think the need to mix up the script some. They could stand to mix in some fresh segments and maybe phase some of them out (like Trifecta). Trifecta kills me, because by the time they get to discussing the person, it's old news and we know most of the segment already (or it was someone no one cared to learn about anyway).

I generally like the Hardline too but their Help Line segment is the worst.
AgGrad99
AG
I dont mind the help line. Some days the segment is dumb, sometimes it's great. It's just a mixed bag.

True Anomaly
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I dont mind the help line. Some days the segment is dumb, sometimes it's great. It's just a mixed bag.

It's at least an attempt at doing something really different. Cuz if Mike and Danny were still around that would never happen. (although ironically, they kinda do the same thing on their new show)
walton91
Call Big Lou, he's just like you
First Page Last Page
Page 473 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.