Metroplex
Sponsored by

Portillos is coming

81 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by shoes
Pepper Brooks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This thread might as well be the 2024 recruiting class for the H&F Weight Loss thread.

We drove by yesterday evening and the lines were nuts.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
double aught
AG
40 minutes in a drive thru line? Why wouldn't you go inside?
DannyDuberstein
AG
double aught said:

Not really any different. I've been a few times now, both drive thru and inside when the line was reasonably short. Still about 15-20 minutes to order and another 15-20 waiting for the food, so still about 30-40 from pulling up to having food in hand.
MW03
AG
double aught said:

35 deg and the line was wrapped outside. Figured an audiobook in the car was a fine choice
PlanoAg98
AG
There was at least a 30 minute line on this past Friday night. Maybe another couple of weeks to try again.
fc2112
double aught said:

40 minutes in a drive thru line? Why wouldn't you go inside would you stay?
FIFY
Comeby!
AG
Went Sunday, 40 min drive through wait. It was fine but not worth waiting more than 20mins for.
fc2112
New Portillos being built in Arlington. May give it a try when the wait time gets down to about 30 seconds.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Normal waits like pretty much anywhere on weekdays now. But weekends with Scheels next door still look like kind of a zoo.
gabehcoud
So what's the go to order? Never been but thinking of dropping by the Arlington tomorrow if you folks say it's worth a trip.
DallasAggie89
AG
Feel like the shine is off. There are two near me and lines are gone.

They started building a new location in McKinney and abandoned the project over 6 months ago. Building half done just weathering away.
dgb99
AG
Big Italian Beef, Sweet and Hot Peppers, Mozzerella Cheese, Dipped, Cut In Half

The Chicago-style hot dogs with everything on it are excellent too if you're into that...
dgb99
AG
Where was there supposed to be one in McKinney? That would seem strange to put one there with the Allen one so close.

The craze has definitely subsided but I expect them to continue to do well. I've only been once but will be back soon now that they've opened up online ordering (and presumably the wait is no longer 30 minutes).
DallasAggie89
AG
Hardin and University (380)

dgb99
AG
Looks like that was supposed to be a Dak-backed Walk-Ons:
https://communityimpact.com/dallas-fort-worth/mckinney/impacts/2021/05/06/walk-ons-sports-bistreaux-to-open-in-mckinney-with-dak-prescott-as-co-owner/
DallasAggie89
AG
Thanks. I know I read a year or more ago that Portillo's was going to build in Mckinney and I always assumed that building was it.
Know Your Enemy
AG
gabehcoud said:

So what's the go to order? Never been but thinking of dropping by the Arlington tomorrow if you folks say it's worth a trip.

Don't sleep on the Maxwell Street Polish.
shoes
AG
Not to derail, but read recently that this will now become a Twin Peaks.

https://communityimpact.com/dallas-fort-worth/mckinney/dining/2024/01/16/twin-peaks-restaurant-to-fill-former-walk-ons-sports-bistreaux-project-in-mckinney/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.