Metroplex
Sponsored by

Considering move to Ft. Worth

11,344 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Matsui
CowtownEng
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bangobango said:

ftworthag02 said:

Don't paint all of fwisd with a broad brush. I will put up the kids from the Tanglewood- McLean- Paschal or Lily B- McLean- Paschal against any in north Texas.
I taught in FWISD for many years. I stand by my comments.

Where did you teach, and what was your experience?
moore5663
AG
Just realized that I started this post about 18 months ago as we considered a move to Fort Worth. I really used much of what was said to help us, so thank you TexAgs community! Fast forward, we settled in the Overton Park West area, just off of Hulen. Kids have happily adjusted to life at Nolan Catholic and St.Andrews. Both have been great communities and very welcoming. After being here a year our impressions are exactly what we thought. The location is perfect...shopping is close whether you go south of 20, Clearfork, or University Square. Easy to move around and traffic is mild, at best. Commute to Arlington is a breeze, 18 miles in 21 minutes is common. We use the Trinity Trails a lot. For us, the best choice was this area but we now know many people who live in Aledo, Keller, Southlake and Mira Vista. All of those would be great too, but we like the proximity to town and all of what the TCU area offers. Wish everyone well who is still looking....Gig'em
wbt5845
AG
If you haven't already, the Knights of Columbus Council 9868 at St. Andrew is an excellent group of Catholic men. I highly recommend you join and get involved in your parish through them.
moore5663
AG
Thanks for the suggestion. We have gotten involved in setting up the new St. Vincent de Paul Society at St. Andrews. My wife is the President of the Council and I am running Communications. If you are a parishioner, I would love to meet you!
wbt5845
AG
moore5663 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. We have gotten involved in setting up the new St. Vincent de Paul Society at St. Andrews. My wife is the President of the Council and I am running Communications. If you are a parishioner, I would love to meet you!
I am not - I am a member of another council nearby. But I know a lot of those guys.
Matsui
AG
Great update thanks!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.