Metroplex
Sponsored by

Spring storms 2019

118,075 Views | 939 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 752bro4
hatchback
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks. They're out of town so I went to check on the house/neighborhood. I had to park 3 streets away and walk to my childhood house. Their house got lucky with only minor damage to the roof - from what I could see tonight. I'll go check in the morning.
752bro4
AG
Our flight from Tulsa was delayed 3x then cancelled. Bad storms here and there. Our neighbors said we escaped unscathed near franklin Jr High, but no power.

We somehow escaped again. It's an uneasy feeling being away from your house when this is all going on.
bthotugigem05
AG
Any word on the NE of Preston Royal shopping center? GF works at a store there and we're trying to figure out if they got hit while we're in Iceland.
hatchback
AG
Preston Royal took a direct hit. I doubt any businesses will be open any time soon at any of the 4 shopping centers.
Carlo4
AG
Brinks alarm has gone off twice for tornado warnings in east allen. Second one was prior to a lightening strike in our neighborhood that was damn near instantaneous with the thunder. Dragged the sleepy better half and barking dog into the pantry twice.

I won't be able to sleep for a while now.
hatchback
AG
This is the SE corner where the Central Market, Talbots, and Gap are located. I'll see if I can find more videos.

This house is at the intersection of Orchid and Camellia, directly behind Fish City Grill and Interabang Books:
FWAppraiser
AG
City of Dallas is reporting that there were no major injuries or fatalities. Wonderful news.
wangus12
AG
FWAppraiser said:

City of Dallas is reporting that there were no major injuries or fatalities. Wonderful news.
Pretty much a miracle with the sucker cutting right through Dallas like it did
OldAg93
AG
Scary thing is with this next line rolling through, anything weakened by the first one is more susceptible. Plus it slows cleanup efforts. Stay safe everyone!
Dan Scott
AG
Las Colinas getting real heavy rain now.
wangus12
AG
Well its been some high winds, rain and little hail in North Plano so I'm gonna try and get some sleep. Imagine tomorrow is gonna be interesting at work if the power is on
hatchback
AG
The last two or three photos are at Preston/Royal. Haven't seen any photos of the NE corner, but I imagine it looks just as bad.
Twice an Aggie
AG
My house got lucky the tornado lifted and then the 2nd went south. Hail so will check roof tomorrow.

Office took a direct hit...not sure what work will be like. (I feel much worse for those whose homes and personal businesses were hit)
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Just saw a post from a good friend that the Village Church Dallas (Northway Church) looks like a complete loss. Pic on Facebook, so hard to post here.
bthotugigem05
AG
The sanctuary is definitely hosed, no word on the rest of the church.

91AggieLawyer
AG
I can't freakin' believe this. We sit around all spring and expect this, then June comes and we thank God that this type of weather is (usually) gone for another year. Then this happens.

I still don't understand how the weather today was anywhere near ripe enough for a tornado to form.
Gary Johnson
Fall weather dynamics are similar to spring.

culdeus
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

I can't freakin' believe this. We sit around all spring and expect this, then June comes and we thank God that this type of weather is (usually) gone for another year. Then this happens.

I still don't understand how the weather today was anywhere near ripe enough for a tornado to form.

It was predictable enough that pro tornado chasers were staged in town waiting last night. No idea how they knew it would get that bad. It wasn't hyped at all on TV really by the finfrocks.
aggielostinETX
AG
RISD is closed
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
culdeus
AG
Deats said:

RISD is closed

Someone get Michael Irvin on the phone
P.U.T.U
AG
It can happen almost at any time, had a friend lose their house on December 26th a few years ago to a F3/4. Was really hot the day before and then they got rocked when a cold front came through
wangus12
AG
That F4 rocked the east metroplex. Wasn't it like 600+ homes took bad damage. Rode that sucker out with my roommates family in the bathroom in Rowlett
Hincemm
AG
culdeus said:

Deats said:

RISD is closed

Someone get Michael Irvin on the phone
he just made a couple of announcements
P.U.T.U
AG
Imagine if this happened during rush hour hitting the same area as last night. On a Sunday night was probably the best time
Cromagnum
AG
That's a nope from me.

wangus12
AG
Live Heli flyover of damage.

https://www.facebook.com/CBSDFW/videos/402796517336707/
P.C. Principal
Cromagnum said:

That's a nope from me.

holy **** that is a monster!!
P.C. Principal
I'm about to head to work, and my office is on 75 near Meadow. If the reports are correct the tornado went right by there. Guess I'm about to find out how bad it was.
Scriffer
AG
At least three friends and family members had homes destroyed.
Post removed:
by user
rebag00
AG
Looked like it crossed 75 at Northaven. A small office on the west side of 75 had no windows, the Land Rover/Jaguar dealership across the street looked like it was in better shape, but the Home Depot off Forest was heavily damaged. Debris in the medians there, the frontage road is down to one lane. North and south of there seemed fine. I am guessing EF-2.
exitone
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Fall weather dynamics are similar to spring.

This is interesting. This seems really on the low end to me for 100+ year span. I mean, I'm glad its not an insane number, I was just expecting more.
aggielostinETX
AG
rebag00 said:

Looked like it crossed 75 at Northaven. A small office on the west side of 75 had no windows, the Land Rover/Jaguar dealership across the street looked like it was in better shape, but the Home Depot off Forest was heavily damaged. Debris in the medians there, the frontage road is down to one lane. North and south of there seemed fine. I am guessing EF-2.

Then it crossed 635 at Greenville. Extensive damage there.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
p-wonk01
AG
Spaceship said:

Gmj003 said:

Steve McCauley?

He's the GOAT
Jeff Piotrowski is a great storm chaser to follow on Twitter, etc. He's the one from the #blueshed fame in Rockport during Harvey. He was in Dallas last night.

After last night I told myself if I find myself in the same place he is....then I need to not be
walton91

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.