Metroplex
Sponsored by

Spring Storms 2017

41,231 Views | 425 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Goose
AggieC07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thinking about going to the Rangers game tonight (Yu vs Dallas), scared to pull the trigger due to the impending t-storms. Any of you weather experts have any predictions for any type of weather delay to expect?
Agnzona
The hour by hour showed 6pm to 10pm good, which most likely means a deluge. I'm going to the FWS Concert in the Gardens tonight so Rain is very likely.
Ol Jock 99
AG
AggieC07 said:

Thinking about going to the Rangers game tonight (Yu vs Dallas), scared to pull the trigger due to the impending t-storms. Any of you weather experts have any predictions for any type of weather delay to expect?
Don't forget it is also our streaky (to be kind) hitters and bullpen vs the best team in MLB.
metrag06
AG
Decent chance of showers/storms in the area late afternoon and early evening, but should start to decrease in coverage once the sun sets.

I'd wager there will be some sort of delay, but I'd guess 1-1.5 hrs would be on the higher end of it.

All of that is based off a whopping 5 min of analysis so caveat emptor
AggieC07
AG
I don't go to many baseball games (nor really follow baseball too closely) but I know there is supposed to be an onslaught or rain/t storms before the game but didn't know (since they will have the field covered) if that will affect the actual game time. I assume if the rain runs into warm-ups it will be delayed.
AggieC07
AG
I'd take your analysis over mine!
Aries
Mighty dark in FW by the hospitals.
AggieC07
AG
Just looked at an updated radar, looking even worse now.
AggieFrog
AG
Already had an inch of rain in the last half hour at the county line west of White Settlement.
aggielostinETX
AG
Lots of thunder here in Lakewood.
Agnzona
Pooring near DFW and some extremely low clouds with a little localized spinning action trying to get started.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
Goose
AG
Been pouring here in Far North Dallas for the last 30-45 minutes. We've needed the rain, but it's messing up my directv signal watching the Ags.
Phat32
AG
Windows open and rain/thunder in the background is a great way to finish up the work week.
Agnzona
Downtown Fort Worth clearing up still very dark to the north of the 820.
aggielostinETX
AG
Just drove though 12" of water on Abrams near the M Streets. That was fun.
aggielostinETX
AG
Lots of flooded roads in Lakewood/LH.
AggieC07
AG
According to twitter and Facebook the Rangers game is still on!!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Wow holy hell.....

We just came out of a movie in East Dallas. Had no idea until we came out and it was raining sideways and the entire parking lot was like 6-9" deep...

We were wearing shorts and not a single umbrella. People thought we were insane but we ran for it. And all 4 of us got completely drenched. Nothing left dry except what was zipped inside my wife's purse. Unfortunately we couldn't see well either and ran to the wrong row and spent an extra 30 seconds probably until we found the car.

So funny. Drove home at like 20 mph with the air blowing on the front windshield to keep the windows from fogging even though we were freezing cold.

So funny. It was 12+" deep in some places on the road. Crazy.

riverrataggie
AG
Deats said:

Lots of flooded roads in Lakewood/LH.

Just pushed a Mercedes out of the water in Lakewood. Tried to cross near my house.
Phat32
AG
Yeahhhh, I'll wait until a little later to try the grocery store run.
Agnzona
Downtown Fort Worth getting clobbered again and no longer has clear skies on the horizon. The flood warning just got extended until 6:40.

Prognosis for Ballgame not so good.
lawless89
Ballgame delayed. My streets flooded in Fort Worth and according to twitter, flooding is happening all over DFW. Glad I'm in sales and don't have to sit in rush hour traffic today!
wangus12
AG
Damn rain hit my place sideways so hard it forced a leak in my guest bedroom
jimscott85
AG
So yeah. We decided to go camping. In all of this. There was a one hour window that allowed us to put up tents and shelter. It's been steady since.

But I love camping. Oh well.
Trident 88
AG
No surprise - DFW Airport was a complete disaster today.
Goose
AG
Looks like more on the way this afternoon. We sure needed the rain, but spreading it out over a couple of weeks might have been nice.
aggielostinETX
AG
Lakes are full again....
hatchback
AG
Deats said:

Lakes are full again....

When the permeable area of the Metroplex continues to shrink, it doesn't take much rainfall to fill up the lakes.
FincAg
AG
Deats said:

Lakes are full again....

Ditches, yards, and creeks are as well. Audalia and NW Highway was nuts at 5:30 last night.
chick79
AG
3 1/2 inches in Richardson within the last 24 hours with no strong winds or any hail damage. I'll take this any time! Please bring this again in July and August !
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Phat32
AG
Looks like we're back to streaky AF forecasting. Bright and sunny yesterday after 80% chance of rain. Today who knows.
drewser95
AG
There is a cell just sitting on top of Lower Greenville again -- it's been pouring nonstop for about 30 min now.
The Collective
AG
I like when we get a months worth of rain in one weekend.
aggielostinETX
AG
CJS4715 said:

I like when we get a months worth of rain in one hour.

Fify

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.