Metroplex
Sponsored by

Richardson Drama - Getting Good

39,757 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by EllisCoAg
Mollie03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are these really section 8 quality? Haven't heard that but I also don't live in Prairie Creek. I thought people were concerned that long term they would turn into crappy apartments. Most of the new ones in that area are 1-2 bedrooms and pretty nice/expensive.
culdeus
AG
The permit right now is for Class C apartments. This is as the best I know the lowest class of apartments the city approves.
bco2003
AG
quote:
So the rumor is the fed got access to her bank records which found a mid five figure deposit linked to Jordan at the time she was renovating her house. There are also similar types of financial things popping up for other councilmen that the feds are looking at.

They also apparently got some of the contents of texts and image/video of an extremely graphic nature. These have also been rumored to be leaked to the DMN and will come out in a major front page Sunday story they are preparing. DMN got a lot more info than Shipp did.

Still it's unclear what of this, if anything, is even a crime. The law is really poorly written on the subject.

I still think she rides off into the sunset and gets away with it, legally at least. The section 8 quality apartments get built and she gets paid. In the end Jordan dumps her on her ass and in 10 years she's broke and left wondering whether it was all worth it.

Did I miss this in the DMN on Sunday, or was it not published?
McNasty
AG
Related to the OP, but also a broader overview of Richardson politics from The Dallas Observer - link
culdeus
AG
Indictments coming soon. Perhaps this week.
DallasAggie0
Everyone involved or just the city officials?
PorkEatingCrusader
quote:
Indictments coming soon. Perhaps this week.
How do you know? Where are you getting your intel?
culdeus
AG
Chenoweth is getting leaked info from the DA offices. He's got a source in city hall as well that leaks damn near everything.

There's a tight group of 5 or so people that are also well connected with the DA offices and fan out things through friends etc.

DC has since teased this on his blog. Timing was always iffy. Consensus is Thursday is the first set with more to follow. It's not clear who brings it vs. who first, but there will be a wave of them.

Also, lots of rumors that he's already dumped her. So whomever had August in the over under on that wins.
Goose
AG
Any news on indictments???
culdeus
AG
Nothing. Was supposed to come down as early as Tuesday last week.
CrossBowAg99
AG
TAMU87
AG
http://kfdm.com/news/local/former-north-texas-mayor-land-developer-whom-she-married-indicted-for-public-corruption
Bismarck
AG
I bet she didn't expect her affair to cost her up to 20 years in the federal pen.
PorkEatingCrusader
bout time! 3 years late to be exact!
culdeus
AG
No idea what took so long. They had been taking some more affidavits as recently as Feb.

Those townhomes look like ass and the apartments worse. And what do you know, there won't be any mixed-use stuff after all in that area.

Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Smart idea to get married.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Staring at a possible 20 year federal prison sentence when you're 53 years old has to be kind of sobering.

They better hope their attorneys are on point or work a good plea, because unless your name is John Wiley Price, federal attorneys don't lose cases and you'll serve at least 85% of your sentence.
DallasAggie0
You're supposed to throw your career away on some hot 20 year old piece of ass not some old lady
DannyDuberstein
AG
I tend to wonder if the JWP disaster is one reason for the delay in charging this one - taking some extra time to make sure they've got all their ducks in a row. Can't really afford to have another public corruption case to blow up in their face. To the fed's benefit, this one involves white people who haven't heard about snitches getting stitches.
culdeus
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I tend to wonder if the JWP disaster is one reason for the delay in charging this one - taking some extra time to make sure they've got all their ducks in a row. Can't really afford to have another public corruption case to blow up in their face. To the fed's benefit, this one involves white people who haven't heard about snitches getting stitches.
Still think JWP is just a bag man for a lot of deep pocket guys. The FBI probably knows this and wants to get JWP looking at life before they get him to roll over.
Just Tired
DallasAggie0 said:

You're supposed to throw your career away on some hot 20 year old piece of ass not some old lady

...but a somewhat in shape 50+-yr-old woman still interested in sex is much more a unicorn.
chick79
AG
She's an Aggie too. Her kids went to same school as mine. Rot in hell!
culdeus
AG
JT said:

DallasAggie0 said:

...but a somewhat in shape 50+-yr-old woman still interested in sex is much more a unicorn.

She was a stay at home mom to high schoolers and college kids. I mean yeah, there are still some that can't hold it together in that world, but still.
double aught
AgLaw
AG
culdeus said:

JT said:

DallasAggie0 said:

She was a stay at home mom to high schoolers and college kids. I mean yeah, there are still some that can't hold it together in that world, but still.
It's the "still interested in sex" part that makes them the unicorn, not that they stay in shape.
752bro4
AG
chick79 said:

That's aggressive for an affair and white collar crime. It's not like she rah-paid or killed someone.
culdeus
AG
752bro4 said:

chick79 said:

That's aggressive for an affair and white collar crime. It's not like she rah-paid or killed someone.

It's the amazing arrogance that she thought nobody would call her on it that stuns me. Part of her problem was the naivete that coming into a city politics job with no more experience than being a room mom at Prairie Creek.

The fact that the Richardson Coalition CC members circled the wagons on this was also stunning. I am curious to see what sort of statements they plan on issuing. They were completely behind this zoning call the whole way. I suppose they understood well how to keep things off the books.

PorkEatingCrusader
752bro4 said:

chick79 said:

ehhh..still kinda the same! she raped the taxpayers and citizens of Richardson!
culdeus
AG
Here is indictment written up. As others have said its sad the first time they banged was in a holiday inn express.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4468047-Indictment-Laura-Maczka.html

She turned down a plea that would have had both of them looking at 5 years.
culdeus
AG
Also.pro tip. If you are gonna take cash from a developer as a mayor in texas. Don't stuff 100s in an atm in florida.

DannyDuberstein
AG
LOL. So many ATM withdrawals by him immediately followed by ATM deposits by her in secret accounts she set up. In one instance, he makes an ATM withdrawal and one minute later at the same ATM, she's deposits part of it it. Then an hour later at a separate ATM, she deposits the rest.

They are so cooked. Should have taken the plea.
culdeus
AG
Well she can look on the Brightside. Wells Fargo seems to have not opened up 8 accounts on her behalf.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Deats said:

That's sounds awfully illegal but no way she sees jail time.

Uhhhhhhhhhhh
AgLaw
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

LOL. So many ATM withdrawals by him immediately followed by ATM deposits by her in secret accounts she set up. In one instance, he makes an ATM withdrawal and one minute later at the same ATM, she's deposits part of it it. Then an hour later at a separate ATM, she deposits the rest.

They are so cooked. Should have taken the plea.

Yeah. Just read this. Wow. That's some sloppy criminal work.
TAMU87
AG
Here is indictment written up. As others have said its sad the first time they banged was in a holiday inn express.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4468047-Indictment-Laura-Maczka.html

She turned down a plea that would have had both of them looking at 5 years.

How do you know they each turned down a plea deal for each of them to serve 5 years?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.