Metroplex
Sponsored by

Richardson Drama - Getting Good

39,695 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by EllisCoAg
culdeus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://dc-tm.blogspot.com/

Long story short the Mayor has an affair with a developer and agrees to let him get zoning for a controversial bit of real estate. Later she divorces and files a conflict of interest form stating a professional relationship with the developer, Mark Jordan.

(Note first sentence edited for current supposed facts as we know it)

She hid the affair long enough so she could get re-elected (unopposed) and then turn the seat over via the process for doing so in Richardson. At this time there appears no way to functionally stop the city council from appointing a mayor of their own choosing to serve for two years.

Edited above with current situation as of 4/29.
The Collective
AG
Rule 1 on the mayor:

Post removed:
by user
culdeus
AG
Everyone knew she was having an affair with this guy way before Christmas. Most people in the hood knew about it when her husband who does sunday school was asked to step down because he "Didn't fit the image of the church". For awhile she completely moved out, but then moved back in to provide cover through all the proceedings.

I really wonder if there is a way she does jail for this. What a mess.
rgarza35
AG
It gets better, she is an Aggie,too.

Whoop, with the crazy azz.
The Collective
AG
An Aggie does not l... urrr. An Aggies does not che...damn. An Aggies does not steal nor tolerate those who do.
drewser95
AG
quote:
It gets better, she is an Aggie,too.

And beat out another Aggie (Amir Omar) for mayor in 2013, if I remember right.
chick79
AG
You're correct. I supported Amir two years ago. Wish he had won.
drewser95
AG
I would have voted for him if I was a Richardson resident. He came & spoke to the Dallas A&M Club's Friday luncheon later that year, and I was really impressed.

I think he owns a restaurant in Richardson now -- I keep meaning to try it:

Kabobi Fresh Mediterranean
Post removed:
by user
double aught
AG
TresPuertas
AG
Didn't see it mentioned on the thread, but for those too lazy to read the article she's also stepping down from the mayors seat to go and work for the development company that's building all this.
aggielostinETX
AG
She pissed me off when she supported a whack job for school board.
culdeus
AG
You mean the same whack job that pulled her kids out of school with a month to go in the school year when she didn't get elected and sold her house for pennies on the dollar? I should have bought it. I think it got flipped for like 150k+ profit.

That one? Or someone else?

Because Mackza and her were pretty tight. And she was borderline insane.
aggielostinETX
AG
Chumney? Wow, didn't know she melted down. After getting thumped twice, I am sure she lost it. She seemed like a peach.

The mayor was making robo calls for her saying a Dallas resident, and Aggie, wasn't fit for the school board.
Goose
AG
This'll be fun to watch.
kwammer
glad this finally came out, as the affair has been a poorly kept secret in CC for some time now.

Will be interesting to see how the plays out: hope it kills the Palisades development.
culdeus
AG
quote:
Chumney? Wow, didn't know she melted down. After getting thumped twice, I am sure she lost it. She seemed like a peach.

The mayor was making robo calls for her saying a Dallas resident, and Aggie, wasn't fit for the school board.
Yeah, I never figured out how she managed to run twice. First in home district then over in White Rock, but TBH I don't really understand the school board rules.

She was a complete nutcase. Pulling her kids out of PCE was a nice touch. As far as I know she moved to like north dakota or something never to be heard from again.
aggielostinETX
AG
No defined zones for RISD. All places are open.
McNasty
AG
quote:
glad this finally came out, as the affair has been a poorly kept secret in CC for some time now.

Will be interesting to see how the plays out: hope it kills the Palisades development.

Unfortunately, wrongs like this never seem to get righted
culdeus
AG
Fbi getting involved.
chick79
AG
Woah. Link?
Gil Renard
AG
Have the local news covered this?
TXAGFAN
AG
How is it Richardson doesn't have a weekly paper? My very small suburb I grew up in had one and they would have been covering something like this as well as other good things to know about what's going on.
aggielostinETX
AG
http://richardsonblog.dallasnews.com/2015/04/implications-of-maczkas-decision-to-step-down.html/

quote:
How is it Richardson doesn't have a weekly paper? My very small suburb I grew up in had one and they would have been covering something like this as well as other good things to know about what's going on.

DMN blog covering it

Agustus Caesar
AG
Cause everyone in Richardson thinks/claims they live in dallas
double aught
DallasAggie0
I've met that developer. Total ass and married as well.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Maybe it just seems this way, but why is it that people like this can continually get elected and the straight laced folks can't? They aren't attractive enough, don't have as good speaking ability, can't raise as much money, etc.

It starts with every one here: who are you voting for and why? Are you even voting?
TXAGFAN
AG
I guess crazy Dallas suburb mayors is a thing.
Post removed:
by user
culdeus
AG
Her main opponent had a muslim sounding name in a very red city. Never stood a chance, plus the guy was a little crazy too which didn't help.

aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
Maybe it just seems this way, but why is it that people like this can continually get elected and the straight laced folks can't? They aren't attractive enough, don't have as good speaking ability, can't raise as much money, etc.

It starts with every one here: who are you voting for and why? Are you even voting?
The driver of the clown car is still a clown.
chick79
AG
Amir Omar is Muslim and that no doubt hurt his chances. He's a good guy IMO though. He's a Ag and was in the Corps.
Bismarck
AG
quote:
her husband who does sunday school was asked to step down because he "Didn't fit the image of the church"

Yeesh. How is it his fault if his wife had an affair?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.