Metroplex
Sponsored by

Richardson Drama - Getting Good

39,755 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by EllisCoAg
Goose
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
her husband who does sunday school was asked to step down because he "Didn't fit the image of the church"

Yeesh. How is it his fault if his wife had an affair?
Maybe he was at fault, maybe he wasn't, but hard to say without knowing all the dirty details. Maybe he was an innocent bystander in the whole deal, or maybe he strayed too. Hell maybe he told her 2 years ago that he wasn't into her anymore and wanted to find a mail order bride to replace her. Maybe he's into goats and stuff now...Who...knows...
Bismarck
AG
Man if I had a nickel for every time I heard about some guy in Richardson being led astray by goats...I'd have like 85 cents.
culdeus
AG
So Brett Shipp has conclusive proof of the relationship existing as early as Dec 2013. He's going to air it tonight on the news and then will be running a comprehensive studio story Thursday.

aggielostinETX
AG
sounds like jail time...
The Collective
AG
nm
chick79
AG
Any updates on the Brett Shipp story?
FincAg
AG
I wonder if they held off while he morns his father's death.
AgLaw
AG
My hunch is they are waiting for sweeps to start. This could be a huge story.
kwammer
the whole thing is shameful..and, as mentioned, one of the worst kept secrets in the CC neighborhood. It has been interesting to watch her girlfriends distance from her, as they do not want to be dragged into this now that Shipp and others are asking the right questions.
culdeus
AG
I think it airs tonight at 10. I don't really know if anyone watches Friday night news.
McNasty
AG
Wow. It's amazing how people think you can put things like that in email and not have them come back to bite you.
Texker
AG
Holy crap she's a terrible liar.
culdeus
AG
Taking dart to Northpark is my new favorite catch all phrase.
Texker
AG
Thank God she volunteered to test DART. I've been worried for years that it wasn't working. What a relief.
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
Taking dart to Northpark is my new favorite catch all phrase.

Was that code for?
Bismarck
AG
Main Entry: sex
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: intercourse between animate beings
Synonyms: birds and the bees, coition, coitus, copulation, facts of life, fornication, generation, intimacy, lovemaking, magnetism, procreation, relations, reproduction, sensuality, sexuality, the horizontal mambo, taking the DART to North Park
aggielostinETX
AG
I watched. He was too stupid to get the euphemism. Awesome.
culdeus
AG
6 and 10 tonight on 8.

It's funny. Now we get reports of them together all over town. Facebook is filling up with where are Laura and mark photos. They don't give a ****.
Texker
AG
Missed the 6PM news. Where on Facebook?
Ag CPA
AG
I'll admit I'm lost too, do people in Richardson take DART to the mall, or is this code for intercourse at the local Holiday Inn? What is life like in Richardson?
culdeus
AG
It's code for sex. Not sure why he didn't pick up on that.

culdeus
AG
Channel 8 has all the latest.

She's not resigning at least yet. Ethics investigation out tomorrow.
McNasty
AG
Link
bco2003
AG

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/investigates/2015/04/29/richardson-mayor-cleared-of-ethics-violations/26557955/

quote:
Richardson mayor cleared of ethics violations
Brett Shipp, WFAA 7 hours ago

RICHARDSON - An independent investigator has cleared Richardson Mayor Laura Maczka of any ethics violations.

The ruling followed calls for Maczka's resignation over an alleged relationship with a developer at the time of a critical zoning vote.

But the mayor isn't in the clear just yet; the investigator found that she may have violated public information laws by attempting to withhold critical records from WFAA.

But the special investigator told the City Council on Tuesday that written correspondence does not constitute an ethics violation.

Mayor Maczka did speak in her own defense and denied violating ethics or criminal laws.

"I also want to be very clear: My decision on Palisades zoning - and candidly, any other zoning that has come before me - was not influenced by that relationship or any relationship," she said.

While the investigation did not find any violation of ethics codes, it did find that the mayor might have failed to turn over e-mails to News 8 in violation of the Texas Public Information Act.

The findings will be turned over to the Dallas County District Attorney's office for possible prosecution.
culdeus
AG
I was at the cc meeting last night. I found it pretty funny that the one thing they really got on her was she didn't turn over that email.

The rest of it she'll skate on, but none of it would have led to jail time anyways or even would have caused the decision to be reversed or even an ethics violation.

A small point of reference is that she can be prosecuted both in Collin and Dallas county. If nothing else this will cost her **** ton in lawyers fees.

I was pretty surprised she was able to turn out even 15 people that still stand with her at the cc meeting. For the most part it's pretty widely know that the PC Mob has turned on her completely.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, as a non-Richardson resident, casual observer from afar, it seems like the ethics violation decision was appropriate given the evidence available. I'm very skeptical of her and think she's probably skating so far due to a lack of proof vs. truly acting ethically, but that's the way baseball go.
culdeus
AG
The way the ethics code is written is she'd have to be acting on a provision that she or her family was drawing taxable income from. Once she started drawing taxable income she filed the COI form. I do buy the fact that she was pushed up against the wall because she was broke. Otherwise she should have held out a few more months and none of this would have ever hit the media.

aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
The way the ethics code is written is she'd have to be acting on a provision that she or her family was drawing taxable income from. Once she started drawing taxable income she filed the COI form. I do buy the fact that she was pushed up against the wall because she was broke. Otherwise she should have held out a few more months and none of this would have ever hit the media.

Why was she broke?
culdeus
AG
She said it in the meeting, she lost her insurance and her skin cancer came back so she plowed through her divorce money (didn't say this but it was 100k as leaked by husband). Then we know she did a major remodel on their house mid last year so it was mortgaged pretty good and he gave her the house in the divorce. She couldn't make the payments on her medical and lifestyle so she mortgaged it even deeper.

She had to get a job to prevent being completely felted. So Mark stepped in to rescue her. It was probably the cleanest option she had available. If she took money under the table she'd probably look at serious jail time. It's hard to keep money clean these days with all the systems in place, and to be honest she probably though she had everyone beat.

The way this was done it appears they did their homework and found out she'd likely never see jail time if they did it exactly this way. Pretty smart, actually.

And so here we are.
aggielostinETX
AG
So she was divorced. Ok.
rgarza35
AG
Dallas Observer details the Council Meeting with some snarky commentary.
McNasty
AG
More calls and tax breaks for unethical developers.
culdeus
AG
So the rumor is the fed got access to her bank records which found a mid five figure deposit linked to Jordan at the time she was renovating her house. There are also similar types of financial things popping up for other councilmen that the feds are looking at.

They also apparently got some of the contents of texts and image/video of an extremely graphic nature. These have also been rumored to be leaked to the DMN and will come out in a major front page Sunday story they are preparing. DMN got a lot more info than Shipp did.

Still it's unclear what of this, if anything, is even a crime. The law is really poorly written on the subject.

I still think she rides off into the sunset and gets away with it, legally at least. The section 8 quality apartments get built and she gets paid. In the end Jordan dumps her on her ass and in 10 years she's broke and left wondering whether it was all worth it.

aggielostinETX
AG
That's sounds awfully illegal but no way she sees jail time.
Ag CPA
AG
quote:
They also apparently got some of the contents of texts and image/video of an extremely graphic nature.

Yes, please.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.