Austin
Sponsored by

Looking for some help in our woodworking shop

1,559 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AgSoccer2007
AgSoccer2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone sitting around at home and would rather make some cash?

Partner and I have a cabinet door manufacturing shop in Austin and need some help for a few weeks. we've got three workers currently but they're buried in work here and we need more guys to handle overflow. We do have a listing up on indeed but I'd rather hire some Ags wanting to turn some idle time into cash if anyone is currently out of work due to the shutdowns.

you can email me at etim07 at gmail dot com for more info. thanks and gig em
AgSoccer2007
AG
Additionally, we are really wanting to hire a shop foreman to run the shop top to bottom. So if you want a change of pace out of an office life and into a life running a manufacturing shop, let's talk. gig em
Mookie
AG
Dang this is 3 weeks too late, I just got full time work. Good luck with your search!
Aggietaco
AG
Care to plug your shop? Might be in need of some new doors in the near future.
AgSoccer2007
AG
Aggietaco said:

Care to plug your shop? Might be in need of some new doors in the near future.
We pretty much focus entirely on the niche of bulk supply to large apartment companies that rehab full properties. So a company may own 40 properties around a region of the country, and have several in a full multi year rehab at any given time, so 300-500 units over a couple years all being brought up to spec.

We don't really venture into the residential or one-off production. Very different type of customer and product to supply even though there are certainly similarities. We just have our own little niche
coupland boy
AG
I like to work the wood
Mike Elko
AG
AgSoccer2007 said:

Additionally, we are really wanting to hire a shop foreman to run the shop top to bottom. So if you want a change of pace out of an office life and into a life running a manufacturing shop, let's talk. gig em
Does a background in marketing suffice, or are you looking for someone with specific manufacturing experience?
Aggieangler93
AG
What hours do you need folks for? Is there something that could be done evenings say 7 to midnight or something?
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
AgSoccer2007
AG
Just swinging back around to this thread. Picked up a couple guys that are giving us good days of work.

As far as foreman position goes, definitely experience in shops working with machinery would be required. Changing tooling, upkeep and maintenance of the machinery, on top of production and managing the labor.

We are looking for someone who can replace our lack of on site presence there in every facet. Thanks for reaching out though!

As far as evening hours - let's talk. Shoot me an email
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.