Postal service rant.

10,568 Views | 117 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by MiMi
hopeandrealchange
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rapier108 said:

The USPS should have been privatized a long time ago like the Germans did with Deutsche Post.

And cutting regular mail delivery to 3 days a week is not a bad idea either.

Would let them get rid of many of the contractors they use who are, IMO, the source of most of the delivery problems. At my office, when we have the regular mail person, everything is good. When it is a sub/contractor, we get the mail late, if at all, and there is always mail for other addresses mixed in. The contractors clearly do not care one iota about doing the job even somewhat well.

Please help me understand how they could get done what needs to be done in three days when they currently can't get it done in five days.
MsDoubleD81
AG
The CS post office is closed? I was just there last week.
trouble
AG
They only have a lobby and PO boxes now. All mail comes from Bryan.
MsDoubleD81
AG
But they had people working counters when I was in there? Did that go away? And there was a guy getting a passport processed.
trouble
AG
Yes, they have a lobby and all that entails. They don't have carriers there anymore.
EBrazosAg
AG
One letter today. Not on my informed delivery email.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BrazosWifi
hopeandrealchange said:

Rapier108 said:

The USPS should have been privatized a long time ago like the Germans did with Deutsche Post.

And cutting regular mail delivery to 3 days a week is not a bad idea either.

Would let them get rid of many of the contractors they use who are, IMO, the source of most of the delivery problems. At my office, when we have the regular mail person, everything is good. When it is a sub/contractor, we get the mail late, if at all, and there is always mail for other addresses mixed in. The contractors clearly do not care one iota about doing the job even somewhat well.

Please help me understand how they could get done what needs to be done in three days when they currently can't get it done in five days.

I think the pitch is that the delivery routes are split into smaller routes so that they are only doing "half" of the regular route per day. And a route is spread over 2 days.
The mail carriers will still be working full time but half as much mail per day.

You should only expect to see mail every other day.

I may be completely off base but I think I heard this explanation somewhere.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
W3Ag
AG
I know hope and real change appreciates your input as he has been banned.
oldyeller
AG
I feel your pain. I moved in August, went online and filed a change of address request, and over two months later still have yet to receive a single piece of forwarded mail!

I went to the Bryan post office after three weeks of no forwarded mail, and was told that all was good, but that sorting was still taking place in Houston and I should give it another two weeks. I dutifully waited, and nothing showed up so I filed a customer support request online, got a note they were looking into it and would get back to me. Then crickets. I replied to the note they sent twice, and no response to either message.

I filed another customer support request online 10 days ago, and while filling that out submitted the previous request number and the system stated there was no record of that request. After filing the second request I got the same canned response stating they will look into it.

This morning I went back to the Bryan post office, where I overheard A LOT of angry postal customers seeking to speak to the postmaster, or a supervisor, and being told neither was available. When it was my turn, the postal employee told me there was "nothing in the computer" about either my change of address request, or the two customer support requests I filed.

It's freaking ridiculous!
84AGEC
AG
You might want to reconsider your statement. It's all sent to Houston. It takes 7-10 days to mail a letter in a small town to that same small town
trouble
AG
It was redesignated as a S&DC. If they aren't using it as such yet, that makes no sense.
Tailgate88
AG
84AGEC said:

You might want to reconsider your statement. It's all sent to Houston. It takes 7-10 days to mail a letter in a small town to that same small town
Actual picture of the Houston sorting center:

tu ag
AG
Live look at the Bryan post office staff:
maroon barchetta
maroon barchetta
84AGEC
AG
I'll be glad when Bryan is back up and running
FlyRod
Wondering if my carrier is a supernatural being; service has been flawless…bills arrive on time, mail is never late or delayed, no late or missing Amazon packages etc.
legalbird
No need to rant. Many things have changed for the worse due to lockdown, media, changes in attitude, etc. Just the way it is, and it would take years to reverse and get us back to 1998.
EBrazosAg
AG
7:32 pm. No delivery today.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
FlyRod said:

Wondering if my carrier is a supernatural being; service has been flawless…bills arrive on time, mail is never late or delayed, no late or missing Amazon packages etc.

I think we are semi close to each other. I wonder if we have the same Superman
MiMi
S
EBrazosAg said:

7:55pm and nothing yet for me. I'm expecting a package today. It's already a day late. Arrived at the Bryan PO at 2am yesterday morning but didn't go out for delivery until 6am this morning. Still waiting on it.
EBrazosAg
AG
I'm planning my visit to the Brazos tax office tomorrow since my vehicle registration that was in my "usps informed delivery " email on 10/1 still isn't here …. I can't wait
maroon barchetta
trouble said:

FlyRod said:

I think we are semi close to each other. I wonder if we have the same Superman

maroon barchetta
MiMi said:

EBrazosAg said:

7:55pm and nothing yet for me. I'm expecting a package today. It's already a day late. Arrived at the Bryan PO at 2am yesterday morning but didn't go out for delivery until 6am this morning. Still waiting on it.

If it was 4 ignition coils for a Tundra, I got it from UPS today.
MiMi
S
maroon barchetta said:

MiMi said:

EBrazosAg said:

If it was 4 ignition coils for a Tundra, I got it from UPS today.

I went out to my front porch at 8:25 and watched the mailman stop and deliver my mail. The package wasn't large, it was dark, so I assumed it fit in the box. Of course, my mailbox only contained 1 piece of the 2 expected items and no package. I just checked my Amazon account and they're telling me the carrier attempted but could not complete delivery and my package is now being held at carrier location for pick up.

So now the question is do I wait in line at the Bryan PO to try to retrieve my package? Will it actually be there?
maroon barchetta
The box that my coils shipped in was 2.5 times larger than needed if that is any consolation.
EBrazosAg
AG
7:40 pm delivery
pacecar02
I got mail today, but did not get my packages, one of which was suppose to be delivered Saturday

Getting the tracking update hat says "you package can be picked up at the post office, it is being held"

no, its not, i talked to them this morning

Not sure what the deal is
trouble
AG
I wouldn't. They are much more likely to put it back on the truck in the morning
Girlhowdy
AG
We haven't received mail since Saturday.
Tailgate88
AG
Girlhowdy said:

We haven't received mail since Saturday.

Same here. Near Wellborn. Had an Amazon delivery notice at 9:36pm Sunday "delivered to mailbox". Suuuuuuuuuure…. Went to mailbox, nothing, and have not even had a mail truck on our street since last week.
Tailgate88
AG
Do we need to organize a protest at the main Post Office? Get some media coverage? This is ridiculous.
maroon barchetta
Tailgate88 said:

Do we need to organize a protest at the main Post Office? Get some media coverage? This is ridiculous.

Would anybody notice while they are on their three hour break? [/Newman]
maroon barchetta
Something my wife ordered has bounced back and forth between the Bryan and CS post offices after supposedly being out for delivery.

She called them and they have no idea where it is.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Rusty just did a story.

https://www.kbtx.com/2024/10/08/bryan-college-station-residents-express-outrage-over-us-postal-service-here-we-are-with-nothing/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.