Postal service rant.

10,573 Views | 117 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by MiMi
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's less than $15/month for a secure box. It's worth it to us.
Hornbeck
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

I've started placing random orders on Amazon, waiting a day. And then canceling with the reason "won't arrive in time". LOL

That's actually really smart. If Amazon gets a bunch of folks here doing that, they might actually have to do something to address the problem.
EBrazosAg
AG
Now officially 0/6 days letter delivery this week. 0/35 pieces of letter mail delivered this week. 2/4 parcels delivered plus one for my neighbor.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tu ag
AG
We ought to start reporting these issues to elected reps.
maroon barchetta
tu ag said:

We ought to start reporting these issues to elected reps.

Just don't mail in those complaints.
tu ag
AG
Lol
KidDoc
AG
Saturday, October 5
8:29 AM
Package is out for delivery.
College Station, TX US
3:26 AM
Package arrived at a carrier facility.
Bryan, TX US
1:06 AM
Package transferred to another carrier for delivery.
Bryan, TX US

WTF are they doing?

Was supposed to arrive Oct 5th and now estimated for 8th-- maybe.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
legalbird
Mail in ballots work?
trouble
AG
They just don't like some of y'all. Ordered multiple things from Amazon on Friday, all delivered today.
maroon barchetta
trouble said:

They just don't like some of y'all. Ordered multiple things from Amazon on Friday, all delivered today.

Maybe Amazon doesn't want any…..

…trouble?

YEEEAAAAHHHH!

trouble
Rockdoc
AG
I have a different mail person every day. EVERY DAY. That is, on the days they come. I live in town in an established neighborhood and prior to this year had great service and a great mailman. What is happening?
MiMi
S
Quote:

What is happening?
DeJoy is still in charge of USPS.
MsDoubleD81
AG
What are you ordering? I'm going to try and see what it says for delivery
trouble
AG
This was boxes, Advent calendar stickers, and 2 kid books.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Delivery of Thursday.
MsDoubleD81
AG
And i changed delivery to Century Square and it went to the 14th.
trouble
AG
Mine originally had estimates of Monday and Tuesday but it all came today.
birdman
nm
Capt.Starbuck
I was actually shocked my package that said it would arrive today, arrived. Granted it came almost 9pm but it arrived.
Charpie
AG
This is the ONLY thing I actually miss about Austin.
EBrazosAg
AG
Why the delete mods ? I'm on 8 days in a row with no delivery. And timely enough that KBTX ran story 2x at 6. Hopeamdchange said nothing untrue or inflammatory.
hopeandrealchange
EBrazosAg said:

Why the delete mods ? I'm on 8 days in a row with no delivery. And timely enough that KBTX ran story 2x at 6. Hopeamdchange said nothing untrue or inflammatory.

I spoke the harsh truth.
Our society can't handle that.
EBrazosAg
AG
KBTX piece, so we can all be PC for the PoPo…..

Residents are outraged that they haven't received mail or packages for a week https://www.kbtx.com/2024/10/08/residents-are-outraged-that-they-havent-received-mail-or-packages-week/
doubledog
Change will only come if it starts at the top. Some one or ones needs to retire or be promoted (I know that is how government jobs work) and another competent person(s), from the outside, needs to replace them.
BCSWguru
Tried this morning o run in and use the machine to buy some postage. Machine was down for everything but stamps. Then there was a line to get in the door. Very bizarre. Government is the best.
hopeandrealchange
doubledog said:

Change will only come if it starts at the top. Some one or ones needs to retire or be promoted (I know that is how government jobs work) and another competent person(s), from the outside, needs to replace them.

I was shocked that Congressman Sessions suggested on KBTX last night that to solve the problem they cut service in half.
I wish KBTX would have called him on that.
How about we cut out the cancer and solve the problem.
And go back to striving for excellence.

hopeandrealchange
doubledog said:

It is my opinion it goes much deeper than that. And not just with the usps.
The absolute contempt the employees show is absurd.
It must be a requirement to walk at a snails pace and shuffle your feet to be a government employee. And to be held accountable for anything must be off limits.
It is a societal issue. We have lost the "you don't work you don't eat" motivation. And we as a society keep accepting mediocrity and worse.
EBrazosAg
AG
Pete is no mental giant. He lost a strongly red district in DFW then carpetbagged to Waco where he cast in with the right crowd to win. Glad I got redistricted away from him.
Hornbeck
AG
I wish KBTX would do some Houston type journalism instead of the softballs they throw all the local political types
84AGEC
AG
Bring back or open distribution center to Bryan. Also, why does mail in a small town have to go to Houston to sort and send back to small town.
trouble
AG
The Bryan sorting and distribution center was reopened when the CS PO was closed.
AggiePirate
AG
hopeandrealchange said:

Tailgate88 said:

hopeandrealchange said:

Tailgate88 said:

https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3481111

Thank you.
Just didn't want you to think you were suffering alone.

I was thinking that. I had no idea it was a total system failure.
Go team USA.
We are so screwed.
By design of those in charge, just like the medians.
BQ_90
AG
Hornbeck said:

I wish KBTX would do some Houston type journalism instead of the softballs they throw all the local political types
Won't matter, Houston news has run many stories on this same problem and nothing has changed
Rapier108
The USPS should have been privatized a long time ago like the Germans did with Deutsche Post.

And cutting regular mail delivery to 3 days a week is not a bad idea either.

Would let them get rid of many of the contractors they use who are, IMO, the source of most of the delivery problems. At my office, when we have the regular mail person, everything is good. When it is a sub/contractor, we get the mail late, if at all, and there is always mail for other addresses mixed in. The contractors clearly do not care one iota about doing the job even somewhat well.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.