Postal service rant.

10,513 Views | 117 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by MiMi
hopeandrealchange
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I live in a rural area of Brazos County.
Our mail service has been bad for many years.
In the past couple of months it has become terrible. We have several neighbors in a one mile radius. We have been getting each others mail on a daily basis. The last week or two we have started getting 10-15 pieces of mail that should be going several miles down the road.
Today I decided was the day to find some answers.
I walked into the Bryan post office with a smile on my face and a kind word. I was looking for help. I asked to speak to a supervisor. "Sir there is no one here that can talk to you." "You can fill out this form with your information and comments and I will send it on."
I filled it out with circles and arrows and a paragraph.
I returned it to her and kindly asked how long would it be before someone would contact me. She looked me in the eye and said Sir no one will contact you. Don't hold your breath.
Dies anyone have any input on how to deal with the usps?
Tailgate88
AG
https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3481111
hopeandrealchange
Tailgate88 said:

Thank you.
Tailgate88
AG
hopeandrealchange said:

Tailgate88 said:

Thank you.
Just didn't want you to think you were suffering alone.
hopeandrealchange
Tailgate88 said:

hopeandrealchange said:

Tailgate88 said:

Thank you.
Just didn't want you to think you were suffering alone.

I was thinking that. I had no idea it was a total system failure.
Go team USA.
We are so screwed.
Muzzleblast
DEI.
oklaunion
You've gotta give it up to the employee for shooting straight with you. But sad.
maroon barchetta
oklaunion said:

You've gotta give it up to the employee for shooting straight with you. But sad.

Don't refer to shooting when discussing postal employees.
EBrazosAg
AG
When government can't do the things they really should be doing, and have been doing for 250 years, we are in trouble.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MiMi
S
On the bright side, mail I was expecting Monday, Tuesday, and yesterday (according to my Informed Delivery emails), were finally in my mailbox today.
meinkee
I also live in the county. Had the same carrier, Abe, for years. When he moved on/ retired he informed us by personal note. I was worried about the new carrier. I shouldn't have been. Ms. Evelyn is great and as committed to good service as Abe was.
Maybe I am just lucky. If you need to go inside the P.O. I highly recommend Downtown location. I gave up the mail P.O. years ago. Line.Always a line.
woodiewood
We regularly get neighbors mail and ours two to three days late after "delivered."

To me the solution is to go to every other day delivery and to close about half or more of the post offices. Do we really need about 20 post offices within 25 miles of BCS?

maroon barchetta
woodiewood said:

We regularly get neighbors mail and ours two to three days late after "delivered."

To me the solution is to go to every other day delivery and to close about half or more of the post offices. Do we really need about 20 post offices within 25 miles of BCS?

Greg D went to a lot of trouble and some considerable expense to drive to all those post office locations and give them a first review on Yelp!.

Do you really want to throw away his life's work?
EBrazosAg
AG
I have informed delivery email and delivery notification set up. I have had mail delivery once in 4 days which included 2 of the 15 pieces of mail I was supposed to receive. Missing is my vehicle registration which was imaged on the Monday mail that wasn't delivered. Only mail delivered has been 2 packages - 1 was my neighbors. No letter or periodical.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
WolfCall
AG
Our mail delivery woman is outstanding. On Route 56.
EBrazosAg
AG
Please nominate her as a mentor for the route down 30/bird pond/ enchanted oaks etc in E Brazos co
MsDoubleD81
AG
Postmaster general.
KidDoc
AG
EBrazosAg said:

I have informed delivery email and delivery notification set up. I have had mail delivery once in 4 days which included 2 of the 15 pieces of mail I was supposed to receive. Missing is my vehicle registration which was imaged on the Monday mail that wasn't delivered. Only mail delivered has been 2 packages - 1 was my neighbors. No letter or periodical.

I never received the vehicle registration this year. I had to go to the tax office and let them know and pay my tax in person. First time in my life that happened.
Girlhowdy
AG
KidDoc said:

EBrazosAg said:

I never received the vehicle registration this year. I had to go to the tax office and let them know and pay my tax in person. First time in my life that happened.

I wonder who's driving around with your sticker
KidDoc
AG
Good point. Someone got away without paying their fee!
hopeandrealchange
The Mrs. and I have spent the morning working on a plan on how we go forward not using the usps.
We made the transition years ago to auto pay on most of our recurring monthly bills. Several suppliers charge an extra percentage for that and I refuse. Most of those will email the invoice but a couple will not.
It truly is a sad day to be witnessing the death of the usps.
Sounds like FEMA is going to be next in line.
Once the health and human services dept. falls our Country falls.
hopeandrealchange
Can anyone tell me how service is with a P O box?
maroon barchetta
hopeandrealchange said:

Can anyone tell me how service is with a P O box?

It's pretty good at the post office I use. Not flawless, but much better than what we get at home.
UmustBKidding
Have you priced them? I work with a non profit organization and our small po box they have had since the 50s is like $275 a year. Hate to give it up since every filing, newsletter and correspondence since inception has it as the address but its crazy the cost. Our million dollar liability policy costs less
maroon barchetta
Cost has gotten pretty high. For no added benefit.
hopeandrealchange
UmustBKidding said:

Have you priced them? I work with a non profit organization and our small po box they have had since the 50s is like $275 a year. Hate to give it up since every filing, newsletter and correspondence since inception has it as the address but its crazy the cost. Our million dollar liability policy costs less

I have not. Thank you. This is the information I was looking for.
Typical. I am trying to figure out a way to use a government service that works and it would cost me more to do so and save them from having to deliver.
Go figure.
maroon barchetta
Kramer had it right.

hopeandrealchange
maroon barchetta said:

Kramer had it right.

Exactly.

It's going to be interesting to see how long it takes for Amazon to abandon the usps. I can only imagine the lost revenue they have from packages that are never delivered.
EMY92
AG
Amazon got a stupid good deal on deliveries from USPS. When you see a mail truck on Sunday, it's delivering for Amazon only. USPS loses money on every Amazon package.
turfman80
AG
Here is a rundown of my still not delivered package from Amazon…

54 AM
Package arrived at a carrier facility.
Bryan, TX
6:28 AM
Package left the carrier facility.
North Houston Tx Distribution C,
5:28 AM
5:16 AM
2:54 AM
Bryan, TX US
1:15 AM
12:42 AM
12:36 AM
Friday, October 4
10:45 PM
Package being processed at carrier facility.
10:45 PM
North Houston Tx Distribution Center, US
Wednesday, October 2
6:17 AM
Beaumont, TX US
1:35 AM
Bryan, TX US
1:15 AM
Package transferred to another carrier for delivery.
Bryan, TX US
Tuesday, October 1
11:18 PM
Package left an Amazon facility.
Humble, TEXAS US
4:41 PM
Package arrived at an Amazon facility.
Humble, TEXAS US
8:33 AM
Dfw Airport, TEXAS US
Monday, September 30
11:19 PM
Dfw Airport, TEXAS US
8:11 AM
Liberty, Missouri US
6:06 AM

I love how it went from Bryan, to Beaumont, to Houston, to Bryan, back to Houston, now back to Bryan…
maroon barchetta
https://www.kbtx.com/2024/10/04/usps-mail-carrier-arrested-shoplifting-buc-ees-stealing-debit-cards-mail-that-wasnt-hers-police-say/?tbref=hp
hopeandrealchange
I have been looking for a package that was supposed to be delivered last Saturday.
Tracking shows it has been delivered three times and the latest shows I picked it up at the post office at 7:40pm yesterday. The Bryan post office information shows it is not open on Saturday and they don't have a reputation of working overtime.
How is this incompetence possible or tolerated by we the people?
Who is John Galt?
trouble
AG
UmustBKidding said:

Our small PO box is like $160 (maaaaaaaybe 180, I know it's under 200)/year.

ETA: Just found the receipt. It's $170/year for the smallest box.
MsDoubleD81
AG
I've started placing random orders on Amazon, waiting a day. And then canceling with the reason "won't arrive in time". LOL
UmustBKidding
Yep xtra small 3x5" box is now 170 and small 5x5 is now 216 in downtown bryan. Next size over 300. Maybe our bill was higher because there are no boxes available currently to bryan main post office, and wont give me a quote. In any case $170 is just crazy for something that says only appropriate for a box that does not receive packages and is checked very often.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.