Officer involved shooting off Spring Loop (February 8, 2023)

52,937 Views | 266 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by agaberto
lethalninja
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah, a lot of people use Venmo, not just drug dealers.
maroon barchetta
You know what else doesn't look good?

Shooting at the police.
CS78
maroon barchetta said:

Shooting at the police.
It would appear that we havent learned from our past.

No murder charge for man who fatally shot Texas deputy (police1.com)
Bunk Moreland
maroon barchetta said:

Shooting at the police.

You know what does look good? Defending your home from intruders.

You know what doesn't look good? A TON of pre dawn raids done by police in year's past, including local to this community.

But according to some on this thread and Capps himself, we aren't privy to the actual details when a poor officer shoots and kills a citizen who was not wanted for a crime
lethalninja
This wasn't a no-knock warrant.
Bunk Moreland
lethalninja said:

This wasn't a no-knock warrant.

They already reversed course in the greens Prairie location. I already got a post deleted for 'speculating' even though tons of others on here have done the very same thing.

I'll say it differently... I've seen a lot of announced raids in the past be a very loud yell and less than 2 seconds of lead time before a door is kicked in.

If someone is asleep in their room there's no way they hear anything until commotion in their home

*note - I did not insinuate that happened in this situation.
JP76
So were any drugs found at the spring loop residence ? If not what judge signed this warrant and where did the bad intel come from ?
threecatcorner
KBTX article says drug paraphernalia and marijuana at that location.
lethalninja
Did they say how much marijuana was found?

Edit: Never mind, the article doesn't say.
woodiewood1
Bunk Moreland said:

Rapier108 said:

AgProgrammer said:

This is going to get messy. Roommate of the person the search warrant was for.
Why?

He opened fire with a shotgun. According to the chief, it wasn't a no-knock raid. It was a "knock and announce."

Start shooting at the police and they're going to shoot back.

If he had left the gun alone, he would still be alive.

You seem to assume a whole lot of details that you know nothing about yet.
True, but to say "It's going to get messy", is also assuming a lot.

If the guy had not prior issues and if he started shooting with a shotgun before the police shot, there is a lot that all of us know nothing about yet. Most law abiding persons that are mentally stable don't normally start shooting at the police.
Pantera
AG
Wouldn't they WANT to release the videos that show them knocking and announcing multiple times, then entering to a waiting assailant that engages officers and then is defensively shot, to clear any mumblings from the public and to bolster support for the local PD?

Seems pretty simple to me.
Smeghead4761
Primary suspect of the investigation is now officially a wanted person.

https://www.kbtx.com/2023/02/15/college-station-police-suspect-center-early-morning-searches-now-officially-wanted/
lethalninja
The Siddonses are still in jail, and they have new charges for engaging in organized criminal activity. Scott Michael Siddons's bond is $300,000 ($200,000 on the new charge) and Leslie Siddons's bond is $280,000 ($200,000 on the new charge as well). Scott is now charged with four felonies, Leslie is now charged with three, and Abraham Escobar is wanted for six felonies. All three of them are facing up to 99 years, but it's very unlikely that they'll get that long.
phillytex24
I just read in KBTX that this was all over weed! Texas needs to change its laws. I understand if this were cocaine or meth, but weed??? Do you know how many good people smoke weed in College Station? A lot of folks use it as medicine. It's far less dangerous than alcohol. Cannabis is being legalized all over the world. I truly hope this isn't just about weed; all the other charges like "criminal activity" or "distribution" sound awful, but it's basic charges that go with dealing. If he was just was dealing weed to folks, it's easy to rack up charges. I think we can do better!
Stupe
S
No matter how you feel about it, right now it is illegal.
Anywhere there is illegal stuff going on, there is the threat of violence. These people were selling a lot of it and they were doing it near a school.

What if someone tried to rip them off one day and they started shooting that close to a school? Would it matter if was "just weed"?
lethalninja
According to a KBTX article, there was a firearm with accessories and ammunition found at the Siddons' house, so that was a real possibility.
phillytex24
I get that it's illegal. That's why I advocate changing the laws. It's just weed. Alcohol destroys way more lives. I would love for the law to be called The Willie Nelson Law, to decriminalize weed in Texas. I love Willie! I'd rather see raids for meth or cocaine but who knows, maybe there were more drugs involved. I can't wait to hear the full story. My concerns are for police safety also. They are OUR heroes. I'd also love to see the bodycam, because a knock & raid before dawn could be complicated. Maybe the concerns are legitimate that the shooter didn't realize it was the police breaking in. Were there threats of violence that called for a raid. We'll have to wait to hear the full story. i just hope this wasn't all for weed.
lethalninja
Scott Siddons is also charged with possession of less than 28 grams of another drug besides the weed and THC, and Escobar had several different types of drugs as well as two firearms with accessories and ammunition. Leslie Siddons is the only one out of the three that wasn't charged with a drug free zone enhancement.

https://www.kbtx.com/2023/02/13/warrants-show-early-morning-searches-college-station-focused-high-level-drug-dealer/
phillytex24
Thank you. Well this makes more sense. And next to a school? Morons! Throw the book at them!!!!
Bunk Moreland
Stupe said:

No matter how you feel about it, right now it is illegal.
Anywhere there is illegal stuff going on, there is the threat of violence. These people were selling a lot of it and they were doing it near a school.

What if someone tried to rip them off one day and they started shooting that close to a school? Would it matter if was "just weed"?

You're supposing something that didn't happen to justify the use of forced entry in this situation. The main ringleader in this entire case doesn't have a violent criminal record. Why not just stake out the house and arrest when the actual suspect shows up and/or walks outside?
lethalninja
Charges for Scott Siddons- POSS MARIJ >5LBS<=50LBS, MAN DEL CS PG 2 OR 2A , 4-400 GRAMS, POSS CS PG 3 <28G DRUG FREE ZONE, ENGAGE IN ORGANIZED CRIMINAL ACTIVITY

Charges for Leslie Siddons- POSS MARIJ >5LBS<=50LBS, MAN DEL CS PG 2 OR 2A , 4-400 GRAMS, ENGAGE IN ORGANIZED CRIMINAL ACTIVITY

Charges for Abraham Escobar- ENGAGE IN ORGANIZED CRIMINAL ACTIVITY, MAN DEL CS PG 2 OR 2A , 4-400 GRAMS DRUG FREE ZONE, MAN DEL CS PG 2 OR 2A , 4-400 GRAMS DRUG FREE ZONE, POSS MARIJ >5LBS<=50LBS DRUG FREE ZONE, MAN DEL CS PG 3/4 >=28G<200 GRAMS DRUG FREE ZONE, MONEY LAUNDERING >=30K<150K

They're each facing up to 99 years
phillytex24
Pantera said:

Im assuming the police's objective in doing these super early "knock and announce" but still knock the door in raids is to try to catch the suspects off guard so they can gather more evidence at their home?

I have had acquaintances undergo the raid from CSPD for weed related crimes and it was a similar ordeal.

I understand that weed is illegal and related criminals were found with THC cartridges which are listed as a felony, but I still think it seems a bit overkill to bust in at 5:30 AM for pot, unless it was way closer to the 50 pounds than the 5, which is still a bunch.

I totally understand that if you shoot at anyone, especially the cops, you may be shot and killed (and rightfully so) but this is sad that someone died over this and a cop had to take a life today.

This was exactly what I was trying to convey just not as eloquent! God bless our police officers.
Another Doug
AG
They arrested the guy they were looking for.
I internet stalked him, he is facebook friends with Von.
Pantera
AG
So am I … let's please not create any unnecessary parallels.
lethalninja
https://www.kbtx.com/2023/02/16/pair-connected-stash-house-college-station-face-additional-charges/
Smeghead4761
Escobar reported arrested in Houston by HPD SWAT team.

https://www.kbtx.com/2023/02/15/college-station-police-suspect-center-early-morning-searches-now-officially-wanted/
lethalninja
https://wtaw.com/searches-of-three-college-station-homes-result-in-three-arrests-on-charges-of-drug-possession-engaging-in-organized-criminal-activity/

CSPD found in the Siddons's home located near Forest Ridge elementary school, 15 and a half pounds of marijuana and 42 THC cartridges.

Officers found in Escobar's home near College Station High School, more than 1,200 Alprazolam pills, 430 Adderall pills, and more than eight pounds of marijuana.
lethalninja
Abraham Escobar's current bond amount is $600,000. He's still in the Harris County Jail.
Pantera
AG
The block is OFFICIALLY hot, lol.

23.5 pounds was funding a lot of small time dealers around town. This is a pretty significant bust, even though it was just weed, xanax, and adderralls. Why they can't use these tactics to bust the crack and meth cooks and dealers around Brazos county still seems to be a mystery to me, but oh well.

Glad they got Escobar after this whole ordeal.
Stupe
S
"Just"
lethalninja
They also found LSD (at Escobar's house) and mushrooms (at both houses), but the amount they found hasn't been released.
lethalninja
https://www.kbtx.com/2023/02/17/accused-drug-dealer-transferred-brazos-county-jail/

It's weird that Escobar's bond for the charge of engaging in organized criminal activity is $100,000, but Scott and Leslie Siddons's bond for that charge is $200,000 each
Brewmaster
AG
nm, not going to get into an internet debate, lol.
TLIAC
AG
CS78 said:

Not looking good. Seems if Hopkins had anything to do with drugs, theyd be spilling it. "Exchanging money on venmo". Isn't that what roommates do?
The drug dealer was not his roommate. Also, even though arrests have been made, the investigations will continue for a while based on additional intell gathered. The Texas Ranger's will view the body cam footage as a part of it's investigation of the officer involved shooting. I'm sure the local media sources have already done an open records request that will be reviewed by the Attorney General's office. In addition, CSPD will not "spill" all of the information it has because the investigations in this case are still ongoing. From someone who used to write the press releases, there is much more information than is being shared and rightfully so. Successful prosecution is dependent on a comprehensive, uncompromised investigation.
Stupe
S
Shame on you for bringing facts to speculation.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.