The Aggiedome Remains Undefeated

27,336 Views | 297 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by scd88
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's still raining over here. Maybe you need to start living right
BQ_90
AG
trouble said:

It's still raining over here. Maybe you need to start living right
well i'm in Bryan at work, the dome is scared of this part of Aggieland
Stupe
S
Real rain in south CS.
Mathguy64
AG
1.25". First real meaningful total here since May 14.
texAZtea
AG
Got some on west campus.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
It rained at my house for at least 5-10 minutes.
91_Aggie
AG
Got good rain in Shenandoah... still falling some.

you can thank me... i took off running thinking the Dome would hold... got a quarter mile down the road and huge lightning bolt and loud thunder hit to the south... noped out of it, and turned around booked it home.
Got inside right when it started pouring
lawless89
Solid, steady rain for the last hour on HWY 30 and Harvey area. My pasture might actually green up next week!
jac4
AG
91_Aggie said:

Got good rain in Shenandoah... still falling some.

you can thank me... i took off running thinking the Dome would hold... got a quarter mile down the road and huge lightning bolt and loud thunder hit to the south... noped out of it, and turned around booked it home.
Got inside right when it started pouring

Maybe leave the windows cracked on your car so we'll get a little more.
phillytex24
The Aggie Dome is in full effect on radar right now! What's causing the rain to split just around our area? Texas A&M should study this!! It's unreal to see.
The Brazos Kid
phillytex24 said:

The Aggie Dome is in full effect on radar right now! What's causing the rain to split just around our area? Texas A&M should study this!! It's unreal to see.

Visual proof
BQ_90
AG
.4" at Graham/Victoria dome won the day
waterchick
BQ_90 said:

That is so strange! I didn't measure but it rained for maybe a solid hour just down the road at Graham and Longmire. 0.4" isn't terrible. Enough to skip one watering day.
aggietoolman
AG
only about .2" near Rock Prairie and Welborn....The Dome held strong here.
Smeghead4761
1.08" so far just east of the Wickson water tower on 1179.
FlyRod
Just checked the radar at 7:11 pm and big storms literally are vanishing just as they reach north of Bryan.
halibut sinclair
So tired of all the "Aggiedome" nonsense. This is from 2010 and the famed poster Nom de Plume:

"Dome" refers to a mythical weather occurrence dreamt up by myBCS.com posters whereby Impending Doom Clouds part just as they begin to reach CS-B, and often reform just after passing over the area.

Every time there is a 30% or greater chance of precipitation in the quad-county area forum members are required to mention the Dome in at least 7 different threads.
trouble
AG
It's been around since long before mybcs was a thing
LastHamlet
AG
halibut sinclair said:

So tired of all the "Aggiedome" nonsense. This is from 2010 and the famed poster Nom de Plume:

"Dome" refers to a mythical weather occurrence dreamt up by myBCS.com posters whereby Impending Doom Clouds part just as they begin to reach CS-B, and often reform just after passing over the area.

Every time there is a 30% or greater chance of precipitation in the quad-county area forum members are required to mention the Dome in at least 7 different threads.
Does it cause you to lose sleep?
halibut sinclair
trouble said:

It's been around since long before mybcs was a thing
Yeah, I know. I was born and raised here. It's just waaaay overused.
halibut sinclair
LastHamlet said:

halibut sinclair said:

Does it cause you to lose sleep?
Sometimes, if I think about it real hard, I might lose a minute or two of delicious sleep.
bobinator
AG
so you're part of the "Aggiedome isn't real" coverup? Noted. I've added you to the list.
histag10
AG
waterchick said:

BQ_90 said:

That is so strange! I didn't measure but it rained for maybe a solid hour just down the road at Graham and Longmire. 0.4" isn't terrible. Enough to skip one watering day.

People are still able to water?
halibut sinclair
bobinator said:

so you're part of the "Aggiedome isn't real" coverup? Noted. I've added you to the list.

Nice try, but nope! However, not every instance of not getting rain needs to be attributed to the Aggiedome.
Rapier108
halibut sinclair said:

"Aggie Dome" goes back to Roger Barry at KBTX and he left there in 2003.

As he was also the meteorologist for WTAW at the time, the morning show would often call it the "Roger Barry Aggie Dome".
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
halibut sinclair
Yes, I knew that. It's been discussed here before.
Nosmo
AG
0.7" yesterday + this morning.

That's 0.9 inches in the last 86 days.

At least since 2010 we have never had less than 3 inches for the combined months of June, July, and August.

This year it's 0.9", so far.

According to most forecast, the next couple of weeks are going to much diffrent than the last 2-1/2 months.

IF the forecast are accurate, it may keep the streak of 3+ inches intact.

Quote:

Quantitative Precipitation Forecasts

Another website focused on Houston's weather but often mention BCS. They are independent so they call it like they see it without the hype. They think the summer weather pattern has changed (at least for the next couple of weeks).

Space City Weather
TyHolden
AG
that's great site - thanks!
trouble
AG
Getting more rain at Carter Creek and Villa Maria
RGRAg1/75
AG
.5" before today. Steady rain now in S CS.
75AG
AG
Basterd is being defeated in the Duck Haven!
farmersfight
AG
Bone dry at the moment at forest ridge elementary
scd88
AG
Y'all can also thank me for getting two dump truck loads of sandy loam delivered and spread out to put down a new lawn. Ben Dickerson has been doing the work for me and he's doing a great job. But, he had to pause because of the rain.

The last thing I needed yesterday (and for the next few days) is rain.

You're welcome.
halibut sinclair
Pouring again this afternoon in East Bryan!
aggietoolman
AG
For today, If your east of Texas Avenue you got rain. If your west of Texas Avenue, not so much...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.