Aggieland
Sponsored By

The Aggiedome Remains Undefeated

15,079 Views | 166 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by 75AG
Goose83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Once again, everywhere but here.

Just wish the weather people would quit teasing us with this "Brazos Valley" nonsense, as the bulk of those viewing live in BCS and are tired of getting their hopes up for absolutely nothing.

wareagle044
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It was heartbreaking.
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The dome bends but does not break....
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wonder if we'll get rain before our first football game….
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TyHolden said:

I wonder if we'll get rain before our first football game….
We won't. But then it will storm EVERY Friday and Saturday until season ends.
In a world of Altuves and Correas, be an Altuve.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
90 degrees right now.
Ags beating Bama in football.
Feels like fall for one day.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I let my kids stay up past bedtime to play outside
Smeghead4761
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I watched it on the radar...good sized t-cell, moving generally NW heading right for us.

It hit the SH105/90/30 line (Brenham to Huntsville) and completely broke up.
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The folks in Navasota got rain twice today.

We must not be living right or something.
Buford T. Justice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That is where the dome begins. Just past the high school.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TyHolden said:

90 degrees right now.
Ags beating Bama in football.
Feels like fall for one day.


Excellent haiku, Garth.
RGRAg1/75
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Smeghead4761 said:

I watched it on the radar...good sized t-cell, moving generally NW heading right for us.

It hit the SH105/90/30 line (Brenham to Huntsville) and completely broke up.

Earlier in the day, the squall line moving SW began to break up as it passed I45. On radar, it was interesting to watch. Got a screen grab of it as it passes over the BV.



FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just remember, the dome saved us from that F3 tornado a few months ago...which literally went up in the air when it hit the dome and came back down on the other side.
aggiepaintrain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
that's true gotta take the good with the bad with the dome
cj774
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FlyRod said:

Just remember, the dome saved us from that F3 tornado a few months ago...which literally went up in the air when it hit the dome and came back down on the other side.


The dome taketh and the dome giveth.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FlyRod said:

Just remember, the dome saved us from that F3 tornado a few months ago...which literally went up in the air when it hit the dome and came back down on the other side.
i'll take the f3 tornado over a summer long drought any day. we need to get rid of the dome. don't we have a huge meteorology department? aerospace engineers? let's nuke it.
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First day here? Nukes would only make the dome more powerful. Everyone knows that.
coleasterling
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The dome seems to be very selective. My house was hit in the tornados years ago, and my shop windows and cars were destroyed in the last hail storms. I'm just going to assume I made it mad, somehow.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Those wild ass hailstorms that attacked the same area 2 years in a row, my house. Maaaaaaaaaaybe it's me
ElephantRider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bobinator said:

First day here? Nukes would only make the dome more powerful. Everyone knows that.

That would allow the dome to go on the offensive
FearNoWeevil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ElephantRider said:

bobinator said:

First day here? Nukes would only make the dome more powerful. Everyone knows that.

That would allow the dome to go on the offensive
Like the Hex in WandaVision...
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
coleasterling said:

The dome seems to be very selective. My house was hit in the tornados years ago, and my shop windows and cars were destroyed in the last hail storms. I'm just going to assume I made it mad, somehow.
the dome seems to hate an area from about Tanglewood Park all the way to those house behind Target.

Every tornado, hail storm knocks the hell outta the corridor.
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big mess of rain just to the east of us right now. Gosh I wonder what will happen as it gets closer?
mwm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Get prepared to be disappointed. Again.
91_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mwm said:

Get prepared to be disappointed. Again.
My wife is used to hearing this from me.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FearNoWeevil said:

ElephantRider said:

bobinator said:

First day here? Nukes would only make the dome more powerful. Everyone knows that.

That would allow the dome to go on the offensive
Like the Hex in WandaVision...


Spoiler alert!!
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TyHolden said:

FlyRod said:

Just remember, the dome saved us from that F3 tornado a few months ago...which literally went up in the air when it hit the dome and came back down on the other side.
i'll take the f3 tornado over a summer long drought any day. we need to get rid of the dome. don't we have a huge meteorology department? aerospace engineers? let's nuke it.


That F3 was headed straight for campus.

No. Just no.
El_duderino
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's just not smart.
Goose83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beginning to think we need to have a fleet of C-130s loaded with silver iodide waiting in standby mode on the ramp at Easterwood for the next line of clouds that move through the area.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Goose83 said:

Beginning to think we need to have a fleet of C-130s loaded with silver iodide waiting in standby mode on the ramp at Easterwood for the next line of clouds that move through the area.


Is our runway long enough for them to take off?
legalbird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There has to be a scientific reason to explain the dome. It is real.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
legalbird said:

There has to be a scientific reason to explain the dome. It is real.


It was explained in this thread I thought
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Goose83 said:

Beginning to think we need to have a fleet of C-130s loaded with silver iodide waiting in standby mode on the ramp at Easterwood for the next line of clouds that move through the area.


Is our runway long enough for them to take off?


It's long enough for a C-17
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I got sprinkles for 3 minutes! There is a lord!
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
legalbird said:

There has to be a scientific reason to explain the dome. It is real.
From Goose83 in the other Aggiedome thread:
Quote:

BCS is the high spot between the Brazos and the Navasota Rivers (and the Academic Building is the midpoint between the two).

My father pointed out the effect to me as a kid, having learned it from his father, who himself observed it while working as a farm hand in the early 1900's. Like most things in the physical world, storms look for paths of least resistance, and when coming upon the Brazos Valley, will break apart into two sections, with one going down the Brazos bottoms, and the other down the Navasot, before joining back together once they've passed BCS.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.