B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

829,858 Views | 5641 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by MiMi
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
13 new cases reported today. 0 tests, 0 deaths
AggieYankee1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KidDoc said:

If diabetes is poorly controlled (a1c over 9) it seems to sharply increase the death risk.


Does the same apply to HTN? A friend of mine has had HTN since 20 but its been under control since then...

I'm trying to think if different COMORBIDS under control mean anything - she is also just under obese since having a baby.
lockett93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Spreadsheet updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q

Last 7 days cases under 200
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
13 New Cases
0 New Deaths
0 Reported Tests
27 in the hospital. Total hospital capacity up 1%, but ICU capacity up 11%, but as always we don't know if all of it is virus related or not.

77801 +3
77802 +1
77803 +1
77807 +1
77808 +1
77840 +2
77845 +4

http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/8.2.20.pdf
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1 discharge

24 recovered

27 Brazos Co patients, 70 regional

Brazos Co hospitals
Total Bed Occupancy: 64%

Total ICU Bed Occupancy: 78%

Regional
Total Staffed Hospital Beds - 433
Available Hospital Beds - 117
Available ICU Beds - 3
Available Ventilators - 46
isitjustme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
525 active Brazos county cases, or 0.23% of the population.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're back down to SPI today for a week. No damage from Hannah.

1023 new cases in Cameron County yesterday supposedly.

Many from el otro lado
_________________________________________________________
Nothing is getting fixed in D.C. until we get term limits for both the House and the Senate
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieYankee1 said:

KidDoc said:

If diabetes is poorly controlled (a1c over 9) it seems to sharply increase the death risk.


Does the same apply to HTN? A friend of mine has had HTN since 20 but its been under control since then...

I'm trying to think if different COMORBIDS under control mean anything - she is also just under obese since having a baby.
Yes controlled HTN does not seem to be a risk factor.

There is something we don't yet understand that these chronic conditions do when poorly controlled that allows more severe COVID infections. LIkely something to do with up regulation of ACE2 receptors which COVID latches on to.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Esteban du Plantier said:

In her 30s?

Wonder if this was one of those stories where she died and had covid, but death was from a car accident or something. Or what the exacerbating factors were.
To follow up on this story since the family made it public and KBTX ran a story on it.

https://www.kbtx.com/2020/08/02/young-college-station-mother-dies-of-covid-19/

Diabetes and overweight, which are two of the biggest risk factors this virus has.

It does not make her death any less tragic, but for putting it into perspective of the virus and why she likely died from it; it is something that should be noted.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
14 New Cases
1 New Death
0 Reported Tests
28 in the hospital, occupancy % virtually unchanged

77803 +8
77840 +3
77845 +3

http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/8.3.20.pdf
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
14 new cases, 0 tests, 1 death
AggieYankee1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Age of the deceased?
lockett93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Spreadsheet updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q

All Male today. I wonder if some of these updates are results of a jail or prison?

Also, only 893 tests in the last 7 days
theNetSmith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lockett93 said:

Spreadsheet updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q

All Male today. I wonder if some of these updates are results of a jail or prison?

Also, only 893 tests in the last 7 days
according to your spreadsheet, 6 of the 14 are under the age of 15, so...
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Male in his 60s. They finally put out the ugly infographic.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2 discharged

9 recovered

Regional data wasn't updated overnight. No idea why.

28 Brazos county patients

Total bed occupancy 64%

Total ICU occupancy 76%
isitjustme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
528 active cases (up 3), still 0.23% active case ratio.
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
17 New Cases
0 New Deaths
2,222 Reported Tests (Finally catching up I see)
25 or 26 in the Hospital, Occupancy Rates Virtually Unchanged

77801 +1
77802 +1
77803 +7
77840 +2
77845 +5
77866 +1

http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/8.4.20.pdf
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
lockett93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Spreadsheet updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q
pants
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think I missed something. Why did they stop publishing positivity rate?
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
4 discharges

35 recovered

26 Brazos Co patients, 67 regional

Brazos Co hospitals
Total Bed Occupancy: 63%

Total ICU Bed Occupancy: 76%

Regional
Total Staffed Hospital Beds - 436
Available Hospital Beds - 127
Available ICU Beds - 2
Available Ventilators - 41
isitjustme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
511 active cases in Brazos county, or 0.22% of the population.

But with 2,222 new reported tests being given, I suspect we will get new cases as the results of those cases roll in. A 12.5% positive rate would result in about 275 more cases. Not too bad.
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
agrab86 said:

511 active cases in Brazos county, or 0.22% of the population.

But with 2,222 new reported tests being given, I suspect we will get new cases as the results of those cases roll in. A 12.5% positive rate would result in about 275 more cases. Not too bad.
Except we have no idea when any of those tests were done.

Were they within the last week (A&M's tests perhaps) or were they from 2-4 weeks ago and are just not being reported? We've seen reports from elsewhere that positive tests are reported right away; but negative tests can languish in limbo for a while before being reported to the state.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
pants said:

I think I missed something. Why did they stop publishing positivity rate?
I'm not sure it's even worth publishing because it's probably very inaccurate.
Loaded
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Belton Ag said:

pants said:

I think I missed something. Why did they stop publishing positivity rate?
I'm not sure it's even worth publishing because it's probably very inaccurate.

I don't understand why positivity rate is useful data anyway since it can swing wildly based on the number of tests and whether contact tracing is involved or a known cluster is being targeted.
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Loaded said:

Belton Ag said:

pants said:

I think I missed something. Why did they stop publishing positivity rate?
I'm not sure it's even worth publishing because it's probably very inaccurate.

I don't understand why positivity rate is useful data anyway since it can swing wildly based on the number of tests and whether contact tracing is involved or a known cluster is being targeted.
Yeah if they're doing contact tracing right, then naturally it should result in a higher positivity rate.

Speaking of that, has anyone had any experience with contact tracing? Has anyone been contacted? I guess I'd understand if you wanted to keep that private but I'm curious as to how the process works here locally.
isitjustme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rapier108 said:

agrab86 said:

511 active cases in Brazos county, or 0.22% of the population.

But with 2,222 new reported tests being given, I suspect we will get new cases as the results of those cases roll in. A 12.5% positive rate would result in about 275 more cases. Not too bad.
Except we have no idea when any of those tests were done.

Were they within the last week (A&M's tests perhaps) or were they from 2-4 weeks ago and are just not being reported? We've seen reports from elsewhere that positive tests are reported right away; but negative tests can languish in limbo for a while before being reported to the state.
I'm hoping you're correct in your thinking. I'd prefer for them all to be past tests with the result already included in the numbers. But even if not, the number of new cases shouldn't be too many.
theNetSmith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
histag10 said:

I get that we would like to know that data, but i know a few college kids that live in BCS that got it earlier this summer. They were not counted here, and were counted in their home county (where my parents live).

My understanding is that every case will be counted based on the address on their DL/county of record.
https://www.kbtx.com/app/2020/08/04/how-students-returning-to-am-will-affect-covid-19-numbers-in-brazos-county/

"So for students coming in to Texas A&M if they receive their test here in Brazos County and they have a Brazos County address then it will be reported through the Brazos County Health Department for case investigation and contact tracing regardless of what their permanent address is," said Angela Clendenin, the co-director at the Texas A&M COVID Operations and Investigation Center.
cavscout96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
theNetSmith said:

histag10 said:

I get that we would like to know that data, but i know a few college kids that live in BCS that got it earlier this summer. They were not counted here, and were counted in their home county (where my parents live).

My understanding is that every case will be counted based on the address on their DL/county of record.
https://www.kbtx.com/app/2020/08/04/how-students-returning-to-am-will-affect-covid-19-numbers-in-brazos-county/

"So for students coming in to Texas A&M if they receive their test here in Brazos County and they have a Brazos County address then it will be reported through the Brazos County Health Department for case investigation and contact tracing regardless of what their permanent address is," said Angela Clendenin, the co-director at the Texas A&M COVID Operations and Investigation Center.
this makes sense. It would be stupid to do it any other way, BUT contact tracing SHOULD be done both here and at HOR.
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Speaking of that, has anyone had any experience with contact tracing? Has anyone been contacted? I guess I'd understand if you wanted to keep that private but I'm curious as to how the process works here locally.


Friend of mine in the housing biz just tested positive. By his own admission he was going out and about, everywhere. Told me he had contacted about 40 people, and wasn't through yet.

My sense is he just did that on his own, rather then give names to his doctor.
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
do you know every local person who has ever sniffed covid? Man I need more friends.
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wonder what our daily numbers will blow up to once the students arrive. I doubt they put much pressure on the hospitals; but there will be SOME need there.

No doubt the news outlets will run with "Brazos County is one of the worst in the country regarding new cases" narrative. No context provided, of course.

If a kid gets tested here and is positive; count them here.
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

do you know every local person who has ever sniffed covid? Man I need more friends.


Thankfully no. My TAMU friends are all fine...the ones I know getting it are in the local business community. Would love to not hear of anymore catching it.
Is Not a Turtle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have we received an update today?
isitjustme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
panduh bear said:

Have we received an update today?
No, they're very late. Maybe it's b/c they have no new cases to report. One can hope!
First Page Last Page
Page 70 of 162
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.