B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,094,020 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
CS78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have they just stopped tracking or releasing numbers? Haven't seen any mention in a couple days. Is there anywhere to keep up with the current status?

11-17-20

[We are not going to clean up any more mask vs no mask or vaccine vs no vaccine derails on this thread without banning posters. There is the warning. -Staff]

[We are locking this thread and posters that are interested in numbers can go to the local websites. -Staff]
Rapier108
At the press conference earlier today, they said the number is still 12.

10 from travel, two from unknown but assumed local transmission.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
From the Brazos County Health District website. They don't say how often they update but my assumption is at least daily on weekdays.

http://www.brazoshealth.org/

Over on the right side by green arrows is one called "latest covid-19 numbers"
Oogway
Confirmed case count for Texas per the Johns Hopkins Tracking Map is 765. Brazos County is still 12.
MisterShipWreck
Someone told me that St Joseph is not actually doing any testing, despite many more sick people than the 12 listed. So, we could have many more.

Is that true? Anyone know?
gunan01
AG
Per a St. Joseph's email sent out at 4pm today:

"At least 13 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Brazos County and 1 case in Grimes County. 3 patients are considered community acquired. One patient is currently an inpatient at St. Joseph Bryan Hospital"

This is the most up-to-date site I have seen for USA individual state statistics:

Worldometers USA Coronavirus Statistics

As you can see, Texas has >800 cases and 9 total deaths thus far.
Rapier108
gunan01 said:

Per a St. Joseph's email sent out at 4pm today:

"At least 13 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Brazos County and 1 case in Grimes County. 3 patients are considered community acquired. One patient is currently an inpatient at St. Joseph Bryan Hospital"

This is the most up-to-date site I have seen for USA individual state statistics:

Worldometers USA Coronavirus Statistics

As you can see, Texas has >800 cases and 9 total deaths thus far.
There are two in Grimes County and only 12 in Brazos County according to the Brazos County Health Dept. at their 4:30 conference today, so I wonder if one of the cases from Grimes County was moved here for treatment.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
gunan01
AG
Ya that makes sense
JP76
https://corr.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/7bd97a79f9a94c288fc396dbb8fcc2cb
wareagle044
which hospital got the hospitalized case
farmersfight
AG
my educated guess - St. Joseph in Bryan.

My grandmother is at a nursing home close to the St. Joseph in Bryan. A new patient admitted (either to nursing or rehab) to the home started developing symptoms a day after admission and ended up testing positive, went back to the hospital. I only guess this because my Granny has gone between these 2 facilities several times.
taxpreparer
AG
The last number I saw was 21 confirmed cases. I don't want to make light of this, and will probably get flamed, The population Brazos County (in 2017) was 222,830. That means the confirmed cases are .00942%, less than 1 in 100,000 people. Assuming (arbitrarily) that the actual number of infected is 100 times greater, there are still less than 1% of the population infected. We are destroying our economy and way of life over something that is a smaller impact than fatal car wrecks. The panic produced by 24 hour constant news is ridiculous.

Those over 60 (me) and/or with compromised immune systems should take adequate precautions and the rest should be reasonably accommodating.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Texker
AG
X-post on another thread.

At some point yesterday a Becky Gates Children's Center employee tested positive.

https://bgcc.tamu.edu/covid-19-updates/?fbclid=IwAR2M7Eiy-03zV9tYbFkQOeQ96KtVkjhvMfGoy3mcj1L3csxmlYMSLjA44hY

My kid's roommate works there as it's just down the parking lot from their apt. We were going to drive down and move out and check out today but think we'll wait a bit now.
isitjustme
AG
taxpreparer said:

The last number I saw was 21 confirmed cases. I don't want to make light of this, and will probably get flamed, The population Brazos County (in 2017) was 222,830. That means the confirmed cases are .00942%, less than 1 in 100,000 people. Assuming (arbitrarily) that the actual number of infected is 100 times greater, there are still less than 1% of the population infected. We are destroying our economy and way of life over something that is a smaller impact than fatal car wrecks. The panic produced by 24 hour constant news is ridiculous.

Those over 60 (me) and/or with compromised immune systems should take adequate precautions and the rest should be reasonably accommodating.
No flame, but it should read less than 1 in 10,000. Otherwise we'd have 2 cases instead of 21. Still very low odds. Do you use better math when preparing taxes??JK
taxpreparer
AG
Yep, posted before my morning coffee. Thanks for the catch.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
isitjustme
AG
taxpreparer said:

Yep, posted before my morning coffee. Thanks for the catch.
I will always accept the pre-coffee defense, and so should everyone else.
Rapier108
Up to 28 now, and like yesterday, the BCHD won't say anything more than that.
Aggie1205
AG
Total cases up to 94.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
JP76 said:

https://corr.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/7bd97a79f9a94c288fc396dbb8fcc2cb
I don't get it; this website says 94 confirmed cases in Brazos County, but this website says only 75.
Aggie1205
AG
On KBTX it says that 78 cases are active. The difference in the numbers is those who have passed away and those who have recovered fall under total cases but not active cases.
Rapier108
94 total confirmed cases.

To break that down, there are 78 active cases including 11 which are hospitalized.

The remaining 16 include the 6 people who have died, and the 10 who are classified as recovered.

This is the latest from the BCHD.

Hopefully those 10 people will start donating blood to help those suffering more serious cases.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Thanks. I was genuinely confused by those numbers.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Rapier108 said:

To break that down, there are 78 active cases including 11 which are hospitalized.

The remaining 16 include the 6 people who have died, and the 10 who are classified as recovered.

Hopefully those 10 people will start donating blood to help those suffering more serious cases.
So the death rate in B/CS is over 6%?
cavscout96
AG
Washington. State had a similar aberration when the outbreak hit the retirement home.

I think you are seeing that pattern repeated here.
isitjustme
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

JP76 said:

I don't get it; this website says 94 confirmed cases in Brazos County, but this website says only 75.
My guess is the 19 latest cases were announced on Sunday, so they either have not been reported to or by the group who reports them to the website group. I guess they work on Saturday b/c they picked up those 3, but not Sunday.
Rapier108
johnnyblaze36 said:

Rapier108 said:

Yes, but we have to remember 4 of the 6 all come from The Waterford, and it is very possible the other two do as well.

As we saw in Seattle early on, their death rate was very high because of that one nursing home having so many deaths in a short amount of time.

And given the fact that EMS keeps responding at least once a day to The Waterford, we'll probably keep seeing more deaths from there.
isitjustme
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Rapier108 said:

Or the recovery rate us over 93%.
Or the death rate is 0% for those under 70 and 26% for those 70 & higher, more so if you have compromised immune system.
However you want to use the stats, just remember to stay home when you can, and try not to get it from or give it to anyone. Keep good distance from each other when you have to be out.
cavscout96
AG
agrab86 said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Or the recovery rate us over 93%.
Or the death rate is 0% for those under 70 and 26% for those 70 & higher, more so if you have compromised immune system.
However you want to use the stats, just remember to stay home when you can, and try not to get it from or give it to anyone. Keep good distance from each other when you have to be out.

lies, damn lies, and statistics....
gigem92
AG
No new cases reported in Brazos County, unfortunately, one more death.

As of 4.6.20, there have been no additional positive cases of COVID-19 reported to the Brazos County Health District. This brings the total number of positive cases in Brazos County to 94.

The Brazos County Health District has confirmed the seventh death of a Brazos County resident who tested positive for COVID-19. The resident was a male in his 80's who was hospitalized.
Rapier108
Looks like we're running at round 5.8% positive cases out of all the tests done which seems to be in line with most parts of the country, give or take 1-3%.
02skiag
AG
They stopped reporting whether or not the deaths are related to the nursing home. Given the ages it seems very likely. I'm curious as to how many of the positive tests are directly or indirectly related to just that nursing home.
Rapier108
02skiag said:

They stopped reporting whether or not the deaths are related to the nursing home. Given the ages it seems very likely. I'm curious as to how many of the positive tests are directly or indirectly related to just that nursing home.
Yep, they should make that public because it would probably reduce the public anxiety if it was shown a large number of the cases, and all or nearly all of the deaths, were all connected to The Waterford.
EBrazosAg
AG
One word .... HIPPA.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
cavscout96
AG
EBrazosAg said:

One word .... HIPPA.

Not sure that is valid. The data is not tied to an individual by name or any other identifying characteristic.
Rapier108
cavscout96 said:

EBrazosAg said:

One word .... HIPPA.

Not sure that is valid. The data is not tied to an individual by name or any other identifying characteristic.
HIPPA is the excuse a lot of health departments like to use to avoid giving out any real information.

It's easy to hide behind, and generally BS.

Hays County has been giving out the locations people who tested positive had been, and the time frame they were at those locations. No identifying information is provided, but it lets people know if they might have been exposed.
Last Page
Page 1 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.