B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,096,028 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
New research - follow the link before staff deletes it!

https://www.ucdavis.edu/coronavirus/news/your-mask-cuts-own-risk-65-percent/
Rapier108
100 New Cass
0 New Deaths
747 New Tests
One less in the hospital

77801 +3
77802 +7
77803 +27
77807 +8
77808 +8
77840 +20
77842 +2
77845 +24
77868 +1

http://brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/7.9.20.pdf

Another FUBAR PDF. The zip codes on the Enlgish page didn't update, but did on the Spanish one.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
trouble
AG
6 discharges

additional 116 recovered

27 local Covid patients, 61 total Covid patients

Total Bed Occupancy: 74%

Total ICU Bed Occupancy: 73%

Total Staffed Hospital Beds - 509
Available Hospital Beds - 181
Available ICU Beds - 12
Available Ventilators - 35

FlyRod
Do we know where the hospitalizations are? I just assumed St. Joe, the Med, and the newest Scott and White facility off Barron. Are there others?
scd88
AG
Dang. Was hoping to see in the 70's and hospitalizations in the low 60% range.
Rapier108
FlyRod said:

Do we know where the hospitalizations are? I just assumed St. Joe, the Med, and the newest Scott and White facility off Barron. Are there others?
Those are our three primaries.

IIRC, the Physicians Center (University Drive @ Copperfield Drive) can be converted into an additional facility if needed. It used to be a fully active hospital but stopped that some years ago. There is also the Caprock Hospital, but its fairly small so it might not be used unless absolutely necessary.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rapier108
scd88 said:

Dang. Was hoping to see in the 70's and hospitalizations in the low 60% range.
Looks like we got a big jump from out of county patients, where Brazos Count patients dropped slightly.
trouble
AG
FlyRod said:

As far as I can find out, St Joe's, St Joe's College Station (the old med), and Scott & White are the only hospitals in our region with Covid patients
scd88
AG
Ah, good point. I missed that. Sorry.

That's a big jump for non Brazos County numbers....
trouble
AG
If I can math correctly with the baby crawling on me, 14 additional out of county hospitalizations.
dubi
AG
trouble said:

If I can math correctly with the baby crawling on me, 14 additional out of county hospitalizations.
WE NEED TO CLOSE THE BORDERS TO BRAZOS COUNTY!
trouble
AG
dubi said:

trouble said:

If only we could
scd88
AG
dubi said:

trouble said:

BUILD A WALL, DAMMIT!!!
trouble
AG
scd88 said:

dubi said:

trouble said:

BUILD A WALL, DAMMIT!!!

Make Grimes county pay for it
dubi
AG
trouble said:

scd88 said:

dubi said:

trouble said:

BUILD A WALL, DAMMIT!!!

Make Grimes county pay for it
Do we know the zip code they came from?
trouble
AG
No, I don't have that info.
lockett93
AG
Spreadsheet updated.

[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q][/url]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q
toolshed
AG
Does anyone know how much of the Med/ St Joe's (does it have an official name?) is operational?

Has maternity/ L&D fully moved there and shut down at the Bryan location, or was it announced and not fully executed yet? I only recall the announcement, but don't know any details.
trouble
AG
They postponed it in April.

Afaik, it's providing all the same services is was before
theNetSmith
AG
Just want to say thanks to Rapier, trouble and lockett (and everyone else who has contributed) for continuing to update this thread every day. This is my primary source for local numbers.
Fitch
AG
Local

Statewide Summaries

Metro Area Breakouts

Testing

Hospitalizations

Houston-Area Hospitalizations

Fatalities

ToxicAG
Great breakdown across the state showing the delay between testing, hospitalization and fatalities. Of interest is the increased percentage of COVID ICU cases were non-necessary surgeries have been suspended (TMC).
FlyRod
Thank you, Fitch. Horrifying info, but necessary to see and understand.
Rapier108
97 New Cases
1 New Death
85 New Tests
1 More in the Hospital from Brazos County
A lot of new recoveries

77801 +9
77802 +7
77803 +31
77805 +1
77807 +9
77808 +9
77840 +11
77843 +1
77845 +19

http://brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/7.10.20.pdf

They also fixed yesterday's PDF where the English zip code update page was still showing 7-8.
trouble
AG
Death was a female in her 90s.

28 local patients, 63 total

5 discharges

226 added to recovered.

Total Bed Occupancy: 75%

Total ICU Bed Occupancy: 80%

Total Staffed Hospital Beds - 511
Available Hospital Beds - 156
Available ICU Beds - 9
Available Ventilators - 44
ToxicAG
Bed occupancy and ICU capacity has increased and decreased, respectively, over the last several days. Be interesting to know the age range in the ICU and med surgical beds. Nevertheless, I do hope this plateaus before the students arrive. Don't know if BCS has the capacity at this time. This follows with ICU capacity in the Texas Medical Center which is at 49% COVID patients and would be in even worse shape without the ban on elective surgeries.
Rapier108
Elective surgeries don't go into ICU unless something really bad happens. Most go home the same day, and those that don't are in a completely different part of the hospital.

Canceling all elective surgeries is doing nothing but putting people out of work, and putting the hospitals in bad financial positions. And when biopsies for cancer are being blocked by Abbott's order because they were classified as "elective" then something is very wrong.
trouble
AG
Rapier108 said:

Elective surgeries don't go into ICU unless something really bad happens. Most go home the same day, and those that don't are in a completely different part of the hospital.

Canceling all elective surgeries is doing nothing but putting people out of work, and putting the hospitals in bad financial positions. And when biopsies for cancer are being blocked by Abbott's order because they were classified as "elective" then something is very wrong.

That really depends on the elective surgery. Some will get you an automatic 24 hours in ICU because you need intensive monitoring.

Elective and day surgery aren't interchangeable terms.
trouble
AG
Except those hospitals could cancel elective surgeries on their own. We did it often for lack of beds, staffing limits, low blood supplies, etc.

I'm not super worried about students overwhelming our hospitals since the vast majority of young adults don't need to be hospitalized.
ToxicAG
In many cases patients will go through ICU depending upon the type of surgery. Could be for a few hours to o/n.
Rapier108
trouble said:

Rapier108 said:

That really depends on the elective surgery. Some will get you an automatic 24 hours in ICU because you need intensive monitoring.

Elective and day surgery aren't interchangeable terms.
Then only postpone those which need additional support. No reason to cancel everything.

The nuke everything approach is rarely the right one.
ToxicAG
trouble said:

Except those hospitals could cancel elective surgeries on their own. We did it often for lack of beds, staffing limits, low blood supplies, etc.

I'm not super worried about students overwhelming our hospitals since the vast majority of young adults don't need to be hospitalized.

If it gets to the point that BCS hospitals are cancelling elective surgeries so A&M can have in person classes, then we have a problem.

I'm not as concerned about students, though there will be a few just on numbers that require admission. However, I do anticipate an increase in the local population including faculty and staff.
trouble
AG
Oh, I agree but that's not what happened when they were allowed to begin again.
Rapier108
On available ventilators, anyone know the total number in town?

Yesterday was 35, today was 44 so did we get more in stock, or did they have 9 people come off ventilators.

All reports now say that doctors do everything possible to avoid using vents except as a last resort as they often do more harm than good.
trouble
AG
ToxicAG said:

trouble said:

If it gets to the point that BCS hospitals are cancelling elective surgeries so A&M can have in person classes, then we have a problem.

I'm not as concerned about students, though there will be a few just on numbers that require admission. However, I do anticipate an increase in the local population including faculty and staff.

If we get to the point of cancelling elective surgeries, we should definitely reconsider in person classes of all kinds.

I don't think we'll be in a situation where we have to cancel them in order to have space to have in person classes.
First Page Last Page
Page 55 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.