B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,096,134 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It was a joke, friend. I mean, I did take a week off to mentally prepare for them but I miss my residents. I worked at a teaching hospital on purpose.

Some of them, I'd let manage a vent. Others, I'm still shocked they could tie their own shoes.
Rapier108
122 new cases
1 new death (Female in her 80s)
572 new tests
29 in the hospital (+7 -6) (If I read the ugly graphic correctly)

77801 +12
77802 +14
77803 +32
77805 +1 (Useless stat)
77807 +5
77808 +2
77840 +21
77841 +1 (Another useless stat)
77845 +34

http://brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/6.26.20.pdf

And again it looks like they didn't update some of the English pie charts, but they did update the Spanish ones.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
trouble
AG
Yes, 6 discharged.

Death was a female in her 80s.

9 more added to recovered.
tb9665
City of Bryan has a survey on masks out . Says it ends July 10. Dumb to wait that long.
cavscout96
AG
trouble said:

It was a joke, friend. I mean, I did take a week off to mentally prepare for them but I miss my residents. I worked at a teaching hospital on purpose.

Some of them, I'd let manage a vent. Others, I'm still shocked they could tie their own shoes.
this is just about every demographic of recent college grads though. I've had absolute rock stars and, well...... less impressive.... folks come out of the exact same cohort. The good ones make you proud and the others.....
MiMi
S
Quote:

Yes because medical students are taught and expected to know EVERYTHING. That is why they spend 3+ years in residency focusing on a specific field after medical school. They are very smart young people though and if you wanted them to hyperfocus on vent care they could master it in quickly. This is from my experiences of teaching these students for the last 5 years.
Agreed. After teaching at a university teaching hospital for 28 years, I've seen the entire spectrum of ability and acumen with students and recent graduates. Early in the pandemic, there was a new story about nurses teaching surgery residents critical care nursing skills. With elective procedures canceled, they volunteered to help where they were needed. It was funny watching them learn how to place catheters, set up pressure transducers, and learn other skills completely foreign to them. I have a love-hate relationship with surgeons (I'm in anesthesia) and it was nice to see them be the ones on the steep side of a learning curve.
turfman80
AG
Why are 300 athletic teams being allowed to play in tournaments this weekend across BCS, bringing thousands of people into the area. This could have been cancelled, but the lure of increased hotel and sales tax revenues takes precedent over the health of the community.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
b0ridi
turfman80 said:

Why are 300 athletic teams being allowed to play in tournaments this weekend across BCS, bringing thousands of people into the area. This could have been cancelled, but the lure of increased hotel and sales tax revenues takes precedent over the health of the community.

The softball players are farther from each other than the protesters
MiMi
S
105 new cases. 0 new tests.

http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/6.27.20.pdf
Rapier108
105 New Cases
0 New Tests (Which we know is crap because it's not like tests aren't being done.)
1 New Death
26 In the Hospital (+9 -6) (If I read the graph right)

77801 +4
77802 +12
77803 +26
77805 +2 (Useless stat)
77807 +7
77808 +8
77840 +14
77845 +28
77868 +4

http://brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/6.27.20.pdf
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
trouble
AG
5 discharged per the ugly infographic.

Death was a female in her 70s.

59 added to recovered.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
turfman80 said:

Common sense isn't so common.
trouble
AG
As I like to say, common sense isn't a flower that grows in everyone's garden.
toolshed
AG
I saw someone post this on FB yesterday I think. It's the Collin County Commissioners court discussing the new metrics for how they count positive cases. I've only watched it once, but it seems to expand the definition of infected person, and create new methods based on contact and association for counting people as positives.

I need to study it more but I'm wondering if this metric is leading to the spike in cases, through contact tracing or other means. She basically says you can now be a confirmed case with having a test done on you.

Scroll down in the text to #6 "COVID 19 Update" for the part about the testing.

https://collincountytx.new.swagit.com/videos/62477?fbclid=IwAR2D9jDebjjl9P3GSUEPah-Xx5wsVgsi56IeUPq8takybv8hsDAJGRGVcxI
trouble
AG
One of the few questions we've gotten answered is that they are not counting "presumed positives" here. According to Sullivan, they are only adding actual positive test results.
lockett93
AG
Spreadsheet updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q

MiMi
S
102 new cases, 196 tests

http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/6.28.20.pdf
Rapier108
102 New Cases
0 New Deaths
196 New Tests
29 in the hospital (+4 -1)

77801 +17
77802 +7
77803 +19
77805 +1
77807 +3
77808 +2
77840 +24
77845 +29

http://brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/6.28.20.pdf
trouble
AG
22 more recovered.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
trouble said:

22 more recovered.

Too bad we don't hear more about, and from, those recovered

Close family friends in NJ all got full blown Covid19. Grandparents 76 &78,
Parents in 50's
Three kids 6 - 11

Granny's worst day was Friday after Wednesday Dx. Sunday morning at 7am she drove herself to the family's business and was baking pies.
S
Quote:

Sunday morning at 7am she drove herself to the family's business and was baking pies.
She is preparing food for customers only 4 days after being diagnosed? Shouldn't she be self-isolating?
BlueMiles
AG
Didn't our health department decide to "presume" recovery after a certain number of days, if they could not contact the diagnosed people? Seems like a meaningless "statistic" to report.
GSS
I'm thinking a 350 degree oven is quite rough on a virus...
NRA Life
TSRA Life
lockett93
AG
Spreadsheet updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q

I added a daily change row at the top to show the difference between yesterday's and today's numbers.
MiMi
S
Quote:

Sunday morning at 7am she drove herself to the family's business and was baking pies.
Agreed. I'd be more concerned if she was interacting with the public. If she is only in the kitchen and doesn't handle the food or containers after the pies come out of the oven, then there could be minimal risk of transmission. But if she is boxing them up and taking payment from a customers, then there is a risk.
cavscout96
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

Agreed. I'd be more concerned if she was interacting with the public. If she is only in the kitchen and doesn't handle the food or containers after the pies come out of the oven, then there could be minimal risk of transmission. But if she is boxing them up and taking payment from a customers, then there is a risk.
i guess there is a potential that she was nearly through it before even being diagnosed?
Rapier108
lockett93 said:

Spreadsheet updated.

I added a daily change row at the top to show the difference between yesterday's and today's numbers.
Interesting to see a big jump in the "other" numbers since white, black, and Hispanic only total out to 79.

Will be interesting to see if that holds, or if they make an adjustment on either today's numbers, or in the next few days.
trouble
AG
If they aren't dead or in the hospital, then it can be assumed that they are likely recovered.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Im sure all the necessary precautions were taken

Amazing how network news strategies over the past 3-4 months has completely obfuscated the very obvious message of a story.
Wheeee doggie! The active case rate is .005% of the county population. Hide yo kids...,hide yo wife! Close down everything and don't come out of your house! Think of the lives you can save!
EBrazosAg
AG
Rexter said:

Wheeee doggie! The active case rate is .005% of the county population. Hide yo kids...,hide yo wife! Close down everything and don't come out of your house! Think of the lives you can save!

The sky isn't falling ..... but you forgot to multiply x 100. It's ~ 0.5% when you do that your number is the fraction not the %. Your % would put county population at 24 million.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rexter
EBrazosAg said:

Rexter said:

The sky isn't falling ..... but you forgot to multiply x 100. It's ~ 0.5% when you do that your number is the fraction not the %. Your % would put county population at 24 million.

230,000 pop..... 1% is 2300.....1/2 of 1% is 1150. New math may be different, but 1/2 of 1% used to be .005
trouble
AG
But 0.005 and 0.005% aren't the same.
Rexter
Technicalities don't count
EBrazosAg
AG
Rexter said:

EBrazosAg said:

Rexter said:

230,000 pop..... 1% is 2300.....1/2 of 1% is 1150. New math may be different, but 1/2 of 1% used to be .005

That's new, new math I guess. .005 and .005% are different by a factor of 100. Everyone now ain't a doctor, but they are epidemiologist
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
First Page Last Page
Page 44 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.