Bush 41 Funeral plans

35,236 Views | 196 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GlassHalfFull
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Max06 said:

Since campus is officially closed, you can park in any lot. My first choice would be the roof of the West Campus parking garage, or the roof of the new garage by the MSC. But, it would not surprise me if those positions are closed for security reasons.
Pretty much a certainty they will be closed.

Probably will have Secret Service snipers on them.
Tailgate88
AG
Max06 said:

Since campus is officially closed, you can park in any lot. My first choice would be the roof of the West Campus parking garage, or the roof of the new garage by the MSC. But, it would not surprise me if those positions are closed for security reasons.
Yeah if you succeed in getting to the top of that parking garage, be sure to make a lot of noise when you get up there so you don't surprise the sniper. Those guys don't like surprises.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Will the 4141 train be housed at the museum?
BaitShack
AG
CSISD Parents and Guardians:
College Station ISD will release its students and employees early on Thursday, December 6, for the procession and internment of President George H.W. Bush.
Campuses for grades 5-12 (intermediate, middle and high schools) will be dismissed at noon, while elementary campuses will be dismissed at 12:45 p.m. CSISD employees will be released at 2 p.m.
Lunch will be served at all campuses prior to dismissal and bus routes will run according to the early-release schedule.
In addition, Kids Klub will operate on elementary and intermediate campuses beginning at early dismissal and ending at its regular time.
Information regarding after-school activities on Thursday, December 6, will be shared by the activity sponsor or coach.
stinkerbelle
Bryan ISD will also have early release:

Out of respect for former President George H.W. Bush, Bryan ISD will follow an early release
schedule on Thursday, December 6 to allow our families and employees the opportunity to pay
their respects as President Bush's train arrives at approximately 3:45 p.m. All Bryan ISD events
planned for after 5 p.m. on Thursday will continue as scheduled.
Our schools will release students at the following previously announced early release times:
  • Elementary School (Including AM Pre-K): 11:35 a.m.
  • Intermediate School: 11:45 a.m.
  • Middle School: 1:00 p.m.
  • High School: 12:55 p.m.
Afternoon PreK is canceled.
KaneIsAble
AG
Wonder what time they will close a RR crossing prior to the anticipated time of arrival? That's a lot of neighborhoods west of the tracks south of town.
Kenneth_2003
AG
KaneIsAble said:

Wonder what time they will close a RR crossing prior to the anticipated time of arrival? That's a lot of neighborhoods west of the tracks south of town.

My guess is ahead of thre arrival of the lead engine and will reopen behind the trailing engine.
poolgirl1
Any idea what time they will start closing down Wellborn? There are several schools out on Wellborn and the busses will need to take the students home.
kevmiller
I'm really suprised the local school districts are not going to Goto early release on Thursday.

With A&M being closed , road closure and it being an historic event just figured the local schools would release early or close as well
MarineBQ04
AG
Read above, both school districts are both doing half days.
phatpat21
Thinking about going towards Millican to maybe try and watch this. I didn't think about Wellborn road being closed the whole way though...wonder what time that would happen
kevmiller
MarineBQ04 said:

Read above, both school districts are both doing half days.

Ahh.. didn't see that
bushytailed
AG
Fencing is already up along Wellborn through campus. It's also up all through west campus. It isn't looking like people will be able to walk over Wellborn to get to west campus. You won't be able to park at say Mays, then walk over. The barrics starts at lot 61, goes through the Gardens behind the AGLS building, then continues down John Kimbrough.

I know plans have been in the works for years, but am amazed at how quickly everything was blocked off this morning. The feds don't mess around.
denied
West Campus Garage will be closed beginning 10P on Wednesday.
BaitShack
AG
It looks like they are building wooden structures of some sort near the tracks right across from the new parking garage. That would be a better location than right in front of McDonalds.
BaitShack
AG
I thought I saw a platform by the tracks as well.
bushytailed
AG
I was told the ground by McDs was too wet so the platform is being built across from the hotel.
BQ_90
AG
BaitShack said:

It looks like they are building wooden structures of some sort near the tracks right across from the new parking garage. That would be a better location than right in front of McDonalds.
There is concrete ramp going into,the parking there already. Basically st the end of the row of trees in H lot
AgGunNut
AG
I think you're cutting short the state and local element as well. The planning over the years has been a collaborative effort by everyone involved.
phatpat21

Here is the updated areas as where to park and watch
southcsag
Only parts of A&M are closed on Thursday. It has been reported that all of the campuses of A&M in Bryan/College Station will be closed, but according to A&M staff emails sent to employees that is not the case and will be open as usual.
AgGunNut
AG
According to TAMU's press release Sunday, campus is closed altogether Thursday. That being said, only the parts highlighted in newer releases are inaccessible (fenced/guarded,etc).
bushytailed
AG
http://provost.tamu.edu
Campus is closed Thursday.

I've received emails from the president, the provost, MarComm, and AgriLife, all of which confirm that campus is closed. Other than dining, an exception would be if essential faculty/staff is running a lab test or needs to tend to animals.
GSS
And Gov Abbott declared Wednesday a state "day of mourning" (holiday) for state employees. That should muddy things up a bit...
techno-ag
AG
GSS said:

And Gov Abbott declared Wednesday a state "day of mourning" (holiday) for state employees. That should muddy things up a bit...
Including TAMU employees?
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
GSS
Full text here... Abbott press release

"To allow state employees to attend such observances, state agencies, offices, and departments shall be closed on that day, and general government operations and services shall be maintained by skeletal work crews."
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

The order does not include schools and universities.

Tailgate88
AG
AGnCS said:

Quote:

A little bird told me the Chancellor has stated we are following the state's example...
Scruffy
AG
Tailgate88 said:

AGnCS said:

Quote:

A little bird told me the Chancellor has stated we are following the state's example...
It's all over the TAMU webite it's closed and unless you are essential to stay home.
I don't understand the continued questioning about it.
Also the area public schools are closing at (or about) noon and that too has been publicized.

Maybe other universities will be open... but that doesn't effect us here.

Other than probably Sbisa and possibly Duncan, I doubt any other dining facility on campus is open; and that is just to feed the on-campus students.
Other than people tending animals and possible experiments, employees are expected to not come in.
Based on the road closures shown, I would avoid the area more than on a game day.
Oogway
Also, Wednesday there will be no mail delivery and package delivery will be severely curtailed just in case anyone has something needing to go out.
Stupe
S
Quote:

It's all over the TAMU webite it's closed and unless you are essential to stay home.
Also the area public schools are closing at (or about) noon and that too has been publicized.
Tailgate is talking about Wednesday, not Thursday.
Scruffy
AG
Stupe said:

Quote:

Tailgate is talking about Wednesday, not Thursday.
Disregard my last post.
I'm an idiot who doesn't read so good if at all.
phatpat21
ntxaggie
My kid asked if someone else had died, as a hearse and several black SUVs went through campus today. Wonder if they are doing practice runs?
denied
Practice

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.