Forget Mr. Hamburger

27,741 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Croatoan
Legacy Work Spaces
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Croatoan said:

Our Original burger, which is 1/3rd lb, with fries and 20 oz drink is $9.96 tax included. For Certified Angus Beef and hand cut fries/hand battered onion rings, I think you will find that is an exceptional value. If you're not familiar with Certified Angus Beef, I encourage to look it up. Truly a better beef that you can taste the difference.
Agreed. For sure. That is a good price and if the quality of the beef is really good, then even better. Need to check this place out!
Scoopen Skwert
AG
AggiePhil said:

<shrugs> I thought it was pretty good. As good as or better than Whataburger with some cool extra menu items.

Whataburger is the embodiment of all that is good and right in our world.

v
happyinBCS
I visited today and got the warden combo it was good and a fair price. I enjoyed the dcor I remember some of the news stories. I hope you can get ice out by the tea and drinks it is a pain to ask for more ice since it is behind the counter. Overall a good experience and I will visit again.
CWIsom
I went today for lunch and really enjoyed my meal. Had a togo order and had it out within 5-10 minutes. Really enjoyed seasoning and fries! Will def be back.
Croatoan
AG
I can understand the frustration with having to ask for more ice but the reason we don't have a dispenser in the lobby is because the type of ice we use does not dispense well in a machine. It cakes up and gets stuck. It is called flake ice and you can't find it anywhere these days mostly because it won't dispense through a machine. But we love the ice itself! It is just another old-fashioned element that some will appreciate and others won't care. We train our staff to fill the cup halfway so next time you can request a full cup of ice. Thanks for the feedback!
tbone94
AG
Its unfortunate that people go online to rant and damage a business owner and his/her business and livelihood instead of just contacting the manager/owner first.
theycallmemrtibbs
tbone94 said:

Its unfortunate that people go online to rant and damage a business owner and his/her business and livelihood instead of just contacting the manager/owner first.

Welcome to the internet. We're glad you could join us.
EagleAg19
I had never even heard of Mr. Hamburger before today, but based on the owner's response alone, I'll be taking my friends there tonight
halibut sinclair
Staff should rename this thread to "Remember Mr. Hamburger"!
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Went to Jose's and finally saw Mr. Hamburgers.

Wondering if the college station folks are up to slumming in Bryan
Kitten With A Whip
If I can slum in College Station, I can slum in Bryan, too.
Carny89
Sounds like you are up to it!
Picadillo
Have been there twice and both times were outstanding. Best burgers in town by far. They have been deluged with business, which is good but has its challenges trying to meet some people's expectations.
halibut sinclair
Made it today for the first time. Excellent burgers, fries and onion rings. Good strong iced tea also. THUMBS UP!
BCS12
When will the drive thru be open? Also, if breakfast is served why does it not open until 11am?
Fleen
BCS12 said:

When will the drive thru be open? Also, if breakfast is served why does it not open until 11am?

They have shelved their breakfast service to concentrate on their lunch/dinner running smoothly.
Croatoan
AG
Correct on the breakfast. It will return once we perfect lunch, dinner and drive thru. We plan to do a test run on drive thru Monday (tomorrow).
MelsSass
Husband and I ate there Saturday for lunch and it was awesome!! Will definitely go back!!
Fonzie Scheme
AG
BCS12 said:

Email the owners.
Spoony Love
AG
Took the wife and 3 kids for lunch on Saturday. I feared that the level of visitors in town that day would have barred us from going but it didn't. Only a few tables open when we got in but we ordered right away and had a seat. Food came out quick, like we all went to get drinks, sat down and food was ready. Great burgers, on par with the flavor in Huntsville and everything was right, except my burger had mayo not mustard as requested. I can forgive that though as I am the only mustard eater in the family, bunch of heathens, and could have been an easy mistake to make.

Will definitely be going back for a lunch or two as I work close by. Great job on opening it up and I look forward to more visits.
FlyRod
Have eaten there twice and love it. "The Professor" rocks. The onion rings are the best I've had in town (not over-battered).

A MINOR criticism/suggestion: consider a higher quality bun. Y'all have such great burgers, they deserve it!
MB19
AG
Went there today for lunch. Service excellent. Order spot on. Zero complaints. Will return.
src94
AG
+2 for Mr. Hamburger. Great burger, we will return for round 2 soon!
jh88ag
AG
I went through the drive-through at lunch today about 12:30. There was not a line and I had my food and on my way in less than 3 minutes. Had a junior cheeseburger and fries. All good. Only complaint, a very minor one, was that my little cardboard boat of fries was pretty much dumped upside down in the bag. Didn't bother me and the fries were great. Just a minor inconvenience. Sweet tea was great. All-in-all very satisfied customer and will be back.
nwspmp
Wife, Kid and I went on Friday evening. Went fairly late. Wait was about five minutes in line, mostly due to the family ahead of us that decided to split their order into no less than six separate orders because evidently someone didn't pay someone back, etc...

I had the small burger, fries, dapper dog, drink and a small shake (gotta try it all ), wife had a burger fries and drink and kiddo had their grilled cheese and fries (though, he was only allowed a few fries). Wait time to get food was about ten minutes, which given the cluster ahead of us was quite reasonable.

Food quality was VERY good. My only issue was that the hotdog barely fit into the bun and the shredded cheese kind of spilled out, but honestly, it wasn't a problem. Tea was good and the shakes were very good, especially for $1.95.

Whole meal was around $26. Definitely will be back.
bearkitten
Just finished my delicious burger. Will definitely be back!
EagleAg19
EagleAg19 said:

I had never even heard of Mr. Hamburger before today, but based on the owner's response alone, I'll be taking my friends there tonight
I was able to go with my friends on Friday. That place is awesome. To me, it's like someone combined in-n-out and five guys. I probably waited 10-15 minutes for my burger, but I expected this on a busy Friday night at a new burger joint. I just got a regular burger and loved it. Fries were some of the best I've ever had.

I definitely plan on going back. Love Mr. Hamburger and I'm rooting for its success. I'm getting the chicken melt next time I go.
FlyRod
Its just not the same without Greg D around to tell us whether we should like Mr. Hamburger or not...
Croatoan
AG
Glad you enjoyed it. We have offered a sourdough or jalapeno-cheddar bun upgrade in the past. This market may really appreciate that so we will consider that again. As for a better white bun, it's simply a matter of cost that we would have to pass on but if we can do it and maintain value, we are always looking for ways to do that.
armymom
Are you ever going to offer breakfast?
toolshed
AG
armymom said:

Are you ever going to offer breakfast?

Just a few posts up.

Croatoan said:

Correct on the breakfast. It will return once we perfect lunch, dinner and drive thru. We plan to do a test run on drive thru Monday (tomorrow).
halibut sinclair
Croatoan said:

Glad you enjoyed it. We have offered a sourdough or jalapeno-cheddar bun upgrade in the past. This market may really appreciate that so we will consider that again. As for a better white bun, it's simply a matter of cost that we would have to pass on but if we can do it and maintain value, we are always looking for ways to do that.
We loved our burgers but did notice the bun tended to fall apart. Friends have commented about the same thing. I'd prefer a better white bun than sourdough, etc.
chloelee
Just picked up lunch....Not impressed with burgers at all. I'll stick with Dairy Queen for quick lunch.
For a great burger I'll go to Top of The Hill in the evening.

Cheese and mustard left off of one.
Cheese and bacon left off another.
Short one order of fries.

One single combo
One double combo
One jr burger only $30.00 not worth it in my opinion.
techno-ag
AG
chloelee said:

Just picked up lunch....Not impressed with burgers at all. I'll stick with Dairy Queen for quick lunch.
For a great burger I'll go to Top of The Hill in the evening.

Cheese and mustard left off of one.
Cheese and bacon left off another.
Short one order of fries.

One single combo
One double combo
One jr burger only $30.00 not worth it in my opinion.
Sounds like it's about the same price as fast food, only a much better product. I'll have to get over there and try it, especially if it approaches Top of the Hill quality.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
halibut sinclair

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.