Forget Mr. Hamburger

27,703 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Croatoan
Wicked Good Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Croatoan said:

Never a good excuse for losing an order. Sorry BQ. I already spoke with our Manager about your order and he remembers it.

On a broader note, we have received numerous complaints about overcooked burgers when we know the burger is the way we do it. Part of our challenge has been educating locals on how we cook our burger. As we have done in Huntsville for so long, we grill our patties at a high temperature to create a sear on the outside with a little char on the edge. If you want to get technical, it is the Maillard reaction wherein different flavor compounds are created when you sear meat at a high temp. Like searing a steak, or blackening tomatoes for a roasted tomato salsa. In meat, it locks in the moisture on the inside and creates flavor when our seasonings hit that high temp on the flat top. It is what makes us unique. We explain the process on the wall in our restaurant so that when people get a burger with that slight crisp edge, they don't think we overcooked it. Even still, we understand that to some people, we've "burned the burger" or "overcooked" it when our staff is doing it the way they are supposed to. I'm not trying to say this is the way you should like our burger, but it is the way many people like their burger. It's okay if you don't and I don't blame anyone for going somewhere else if it isn't their flavor profile. However, we are happy to cook the burger anyway you like it! Simply ask that your burger not be seared and we will find a cooler spot on the grill to cook yours on.

Thanks everyone!

This is the explanation of the cooking process of this establishment every one should know that patrons it. I liked it but my daughter thought it was burnt and picked at it until she realized she liked it and ate the rest as fast as normal
agfan1030
AGnCS said:

Has a burger place ever been so thoroughly critiqued as this thread?
My thoughts, too. And, I agree. Croation must be a very good businessman as he is very courteous and responsive to all of the criticisms.
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

In meat, it locks in the moisture on the inside and creates flavor when our seasonings hit that high temp on the flat top.
I dare you to go post that on the Food Board.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I have been 3 times to this place (to try different things) and one thing is for damn sure...the service I've gotten each time has been fantastic. The owner's professionalism seems to have carried over to the employees.
Croatoan
AG
Oh this could be fun!
toolshed
AG
Belton Ag said:

Quote:

In meat, it locks in the moisture on the inside and creates flavor when our seasonings hit that high temp on the flat top.
I dare you to go post that on the Food Board.

Why, so they can tell him their opinion, like the endless beans in chili and chicken fajita debates?

I've been twice and the service was great both times, once in the drive through and once inside. Drive through was quick, maybe two minutes. Food was hot and great.

Service inside Saturday was a little slower, lots of staff, but some seemed to be in training, others cleaning up the store. Everyone was helpful and quick when things were requested.

I like the food. The burger patty is similar
To Freddy's, but not dried out like theirs, in my experience. The flattop sear gives a nice crisp texture in the first bite. I've gotten the double, so there's more meat to begin with. The bun does crack a bit, but I think it's due to the amount of condiments and veggies on it.

I want to try the onion rings, and the candied bacon shake next time!
CharlieMac
CharlieMac
I have been going to the Huntsvegas location for years.. Went last week even.. Always good. The one here is good also, but it is a style of burger that doesn't agree with everyone.

Keep up the good work Mr Hamburger!
BCStalk
I ain't listening to your opinion until you bring back my stover burger.
halibut sinclair
BCStalk said:

I ain't listening to your opinion until you bring back my stover burger.
Don't nobody need that.
FlyRod
According to your website, the Bryan location is now serving breakfast. Can you confirm this? Thanks!
Croatoan
AG
The menu link on our website does still show the breakfast menu however it is not active and says "unavailable" at all times. We have not completely removed it since it is our intention to bring it back soon. I am hoping that by the end of this month it is back as we received tremendously positive feedback for the few days that we had it.
aggie59
AG
Where are you located?
Croatoan
AG
3706 S. Texas Ave in Bryan. The former Bush's Chicken near Jose's Mexican.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.