Yellow Bikes on Campus

42,207 Views | 239 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by halibut sinclair
birdman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Yellow Menace
tb9665
Saw a bike at Walmart on Briarcrest tonight.
aggeeme
So far, the furthest from campus I have seen those bikes is Villa Maria and S. College.
duffelpud
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

It is a mess in Dallas. The worst is when they end up in streets and block traffic.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/dallas-bike-share-mess-photos-10228055

I can confirm this x10 - Turtle Creek seems to be a magnet for the things.
"What's this button do?"
AGGies0311
Yesterday morning there was one parked right outside the door to the Player Development Center (by REED Arena).... there was a bike rack less than three feet away from it.

But hey..... #YellowBikesMatter
redd38
AG
50 years from now at Muster when they recap what campus life was like in 2018 they're gonna have to talk about the yellow plague.
JP76
Saw one today at Texas and Villa Maria
tb9665
Saw a guy on North Street going towards downtown. Also, Walgreens on 29th.
FearNoWeevil
AG
WalMart on 2818 @ Villa Maria...
TexasAggie_02
AG
Just wait until chilifest
AGGies0311
Parked in the Rec Center lot... across two parking spaces....
bushytailed
AG
This thread should be renamed "Yellow Bikes 'Errwhere".
duffelpud
AG
bushytailed said:

This thread should be renamed "Yellow Bikes 'Errwhere".
How about "Yellow Bikes All Up In Here".
"What's this button do?"
UmustBKidding
Can't believe how racest everyone is, calling a Chinese bike company yellow is absolutely horrible.
techno-ag
AG
Drove by Blinn Bryan. Somebody was wheeling into the lot on one. Let's see, that beats the College Ave. sightings, and Villa Maria & Texas ones.
maddiedou
AG
Saw one at the College Station Walmart on Monday afternoon.
AgGunNut
AG
OFO Uh-ohs of College Station
75AG
AG
How long before one or more show up at the Bonfire Memorial?
BCStalk
They are starting to show up in Bryan by Blinn. I don't see this going well.
AGGies0311
Went around the South Gate area looking at properties, surprised to see the bikes parked in the yards of people's houses. There has to be a complaint department with this company or a way to get this under control.
nought
AG
AGGies0311 said:

Went around the South Gate area looking at properties, surprised to see the bikes parked in the yards of people's houses. There has to be a complaint department with this company or a way to get this under control.
Why do you care if people ride them home and leave them in their yard until they ride back to school? I can understand why the company might care, but would you feel just as upset about it if someone rode their personal bike over to a friend's house and left it in the yard for a while?
techno-ag
AG
nought said:

AGGies0311 said:

Why do you care if people ride them home and leave them in their yard until they ride back to school? I can understand why the company might care, but would you feel just as upset about it if someone rode their personal bike over to a friend's house and left it in the yard for a while?
Would they leave the bikes willy nilly if they belonged to them?
AGGies0311
Because I grew up putting my toys away and not leaving my yard looking like a junk yard.
duffelpud
AG
nought said:

Did you vote for Bernie?
"What's this button do?"
GiveEmHellBill
AG
nought said:

AGGies0311 said:

Parking the bikes next to their door or in their driveway is one thing....

However, half of the people using these bikes don't park them properly: they just drop them wherever the f*** they want with no regards to anything other than their own selfish "not my problem" attitudes.

If it was their own personal property, they'd stow it away safely or neatly. But it's not, so they dump them anywhere without a thought.

This program is already showing signs of failure in Dallas and I don't see it lasting long in this town.
fastsloth
Wasn't Willy Nilly the title of an adult movie?
Oogway
I have been viewing them as rather large and expensive litter.
The bikes are a great idea in theory, but the reality is too many people are careless about following the rules of social niceties it seems.
I have been hoping that none of the visually impaired campus employees, students and visitors have had any mishaps stumbling over these haphazard cycle droppings. That would be a sad consequence for sure.
techno-ag
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

This program is already showing signs of failure in Dallas and I don't see it lasting long in this town.
It's gonna fail like a marginal restaurant in the summer months.
biobioprof
redd38 said:

50 years from now at Muster when they recap what campus life was like in 2018 they're gonna have to talk about the yellow plague peril.
fify
Anonymous Source
S
techno-ag said:

nought said:

AGGies0311 said:

Would they leave the bikes willy nilly if they belonged to them?
Willy nilly...I'm not sure anyone can say for sure. But I'd be willing to bet they'd be left pell mell
Gig 'Em
techno-ag
FlyRod
Negative Nancies and anything new...never a good combo.
bushytailed
AG
No mention yet of the yellow bike on Sully a few days ago?
Oogway
Oh come on now, FlyRod. Hanging them from trees like some type of Modern Art Christmas ornament and leaving them strewn about town like a tailgater's Solo cups on the lawn is not being a Negative Nancy as much as it is reminding residents who use the bicycles to practice some community respect. Do the rest of us old timers show up at their AgShack and leave our Depends draped across their balcony? Do we gather electronic scooters and hang them from the bike racks and stairs at the MSC? Of course not. That would be rude.

Now, excuse me while I go find a cloud....
FlyRod
Or, you know, just ignore this (very minor) *nuisance* and try and enjoy life.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.