Parking charges at Century Square

53,273 Views | 260 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Cyp0111
91_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redd38 said:

Belton Ag said:

So let me get this straight...

If I have a hankering for a burger for lunch and want to swing into Hopdoddy, I'll pay about $10 fur the burger, an extra $5 for fries and $7 for a milkshake. In addition, I get hit up by some parking lot meter maid for $3 just to park there. So basically $25 for my hamburger lunch.

That about it?

You want the burger insurance too, right? That'll be another $2.50. If you talk to the manger he can waive the salt protection fee on the fries. That'll save you about $1.
$7 for a milkshake... that better be a damn good milkshake.
Scruffy
AG
Last time my wife got one, it nearly killed her because they didn't advertise it had walnuts in it.

I won't eat there again.
australopithecus robustus
Scruffy,

Got one what? What had walnuts?
Belton Ag
AG
Scruffy said:

Last time my wife got one, it nearly killed her because they didn't advertise it had walnuts in it.

I won't eat there again.
Who the heck puts walnuts in a milkshake? This is still Texas, right?
Scruffy
AG
australopithecus robustus said:

Scruffy,

Got one what? What had walnuts?

Maybe it was pecans. We don't know.
Went to the Austin one and she got the brownie shake.
As she was sipping it she felt something hard and spit it out. It was a nut of some sort.
That was not a fun afternoon of her throwing up all she could to get anything she swallowed out and taking Benadryl to try and counter the allergic reaction.

Whatever nut it was, it wasn't listed on the menu.
threecatcorner
Nuts in a milkshake without even listing them? That's a terrible idea. There are many people who have severe nut allergies, plus somebody could choke.
australopithecus robustus
Back to charging for parking.

Any more experiences?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Is the parking garage A&M is considering building intended to be for students so that they don't park at Century Square or for use by Century Square visitors (so that they would need to cross the street there)? Seems like A&M proposed this idea of building a parking garage pretty quickly. I wonder if Midway put pressure on them due to the response they received?
FearNoWeevil
AG
There have been plans to build a garage over in the Engineering Corridor going back several years...it was mentioned back when Kyle was renovated and the push was being made to build that accompanying garage
MisterShipWreck
Seems like they could come up with a better idea. IF the idea is REALLY to keep the lot for customers - then the vendors there should be able to give a code after the meal for free parking. You get to do this at the Brazos County courthouse if you show up for jury duty, but park in the parking garage.

Failing to do that will REALLY hurt these businesses.
lost my dog
FearNoWeevil said:

There have been plans to build a garage over in the Engineering Corridor going back several years...it was mentioned back when Kyle was renovated and the push was being made to build that accompanying garage
The proposed garage would sit where lot 50 currently is (right across from Century Square), but is intended to provide more parking there for students, faculty, and staff than the surface lot does currently. My understanding is that it may be needed because there are more people on campus, and because there are long term thoughts about replacing lot 47 with a building.

The idea for the garage came up independently of Century Square, although it has been proposed that the new garage have retail space on the first floor.
kraut
AG
lost my dog said:

FearNoWeevil said:

The proposed garage would sit where lot 50 currently is (right across from Century Square), but is intended to provide more parking there for students, faculty, and staff than the surface lot does currently. My understanding is that it may be needed because there are more people on campus, and because there are long term thoughts about replacing lot 47 with a building.

The idea for the garage came up independently of Century Square, although it has been proposed that the new garage have retail space on the first floor.
Retail parking space across University Drive?!? Are they going to build another ped underpass as well?
biobioprof
threecatcorner said:

Nuts in a milkshake without even listing them? That's a terrible idea. There are many people who have severe nut allergies, plus somebody could choke.
Nuts in brownies are pretty common. If I had a severe nut allergy, I'd at least question that flavor.
Scruffy
AG
biobioprof said:

threecatcorner said:

Nuts in brownies are pretty common. If I had a severe nut allergy, I'd at least question that flavor.

She's foreign. Used to everything being listed.
jja79
AG
Are you?I'd have thought it off if a brownie shake didn't have nuts.
Anonymous Source
S
VINCENT: Did you just order a five-dollar shake?
MIA: Sure did.
VINCENT: A shake? Milk and ice cream?
MIA: Uh-huh.
VINCENT: It costs five dollars?
MIA: Yep.
VINCENT: You don't put bourbon in it or anything?
WAITER: Nope.
VINCENT: Just checking.
Gig 'Em
Scruffy
AG
jja79 said:

Are you?I'd have thought it off if a brownie shake didn't have nuts.

I don't like nuts in most foods and have never put them in any desserts (even before meeting her)
Other than brownies someone makes at home, I'm also used to it being mentioned "contains nuts".

If a shop is selling a brownie, cookie, etc and it doesn't say w/nuts, I assume it's nut free.
MsC2012
AG
Was thinking about going to Blaze for lunch but decided I didn't wanna pay for parking so I'm going to Urban Bricks.
armymom
Friday went to Zoe's Kitchen in Cypress next to the Outlet mall and didn't have to pay for parking! Saturday went to Black Walnut for the first time in Rice Village and paid $2 metered parking. It was worth it. Are we still getting a Black Walnut? It was a great place and I think it will do very well here!
MsC2012
AG
Orange Theory just told me they've stopped enforcing the meters right now..
techno-ag
AG
MrsC2012 said:

Orange Theory just told me they've stopped enforcing the meters right now..
If true, that's a win.
halibut sinclair
AggieBarstool
Glad to hear it!

I wonder what "right now" means.
FlyRod
My guess is they will install an automatic pay-as-you-park system like the one at Northgate at some point.
Cyp0111
I assume this means parking charges will resume when the development reaches critical mass.
texasaggie04
AG
So... are they enforcing the parking meters? Because I paid $3 to park for Hopdoddy's tonight, and I don't think I'll be back. My meal plus parking (burger, fries, margarita) was about $20. I'll just go eat at Proudest Monkey instead next time.
MsC2012
AG
Has anyone experienced them not charging parking?
musicforall
I went 10 days ago, at night, parking meters were dark, so I parked and explored the area. There were no numbers on the parking spaces, the meters were not turned on, and there was no one there directing parking. Don't know if they are just going to do this for game weekends, or if I picked a lucky time, or what. I would like to try again, but will have a backup plan if the meters are on. Not interested in paying to eat/drink/listen to live music when there are other choices. The Stella is still free. I wish there was a rhyme or reason to when the meters are on or not.
redd38
AG
I just parked and didn't pay. I was only there for like 15 minutes though.
AC Hopper
S
Let the undergrads have it ... all of it ... a student zone.
A new, improved & expanded Northgate!
Tanya 93
Scruffy said:

biobioprof said:

threecatcorner said:

She's foreign. Used to everything being listed.
How new to the country is she?
My 9 year old asks about the ingredients in everything if he doesn't already know.
BlueMiles
AG
Tanya it may be that she is more used to not having to ask, building up a habit of not questioning... I'm sure she will quickly learn, though. Benny is a sharp kid.
Cyp0111
I bet she asks on a go forward
KidDoc
AG
Went to Zoe's tonight and it was pretty good. Had a lamb pita wrap. It reminds me of Blue Baker slot as an upscale fast food place with some interesting options. A bit pricey my meal + fruit and a drink was $13.

The parking kiosks were there but not turned on. The only parking signs were "Customer's only, no contracted employees" signs. It was very busy not many spots open.

I don't see myself (live in Pebble Creek) heading over there for Zoe's and I'm not sure I would head there for Hopdoddy's as I haven't tried it yet and Grub is a bit easier to navigate to and from. Now I'm interested to see Poppy's and Porter's as far an upscale dining options in town to add to Christopher's/Veritas/Republic.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
pants
I didn't read all 7 pages, but there's a garage at northpoint crossing with free parking for "retail only." Pop in to one of the shops in century square, decide on second thought not to buy anything, and have a quick bite before going home. Just a short walk away!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.