Parking charges at Century Square

53,759 Views | 260 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Cyp0111
Cyp0111
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good to hear.
Swarely
So, have they started charging yet? I was thinking about going to try some places this afternoon while I'm in town.
AggieBarstool
Quote:

I didn't read all 7 pages, but there's a garage at northpoint crossing with free parking for "retail only." Pop in to one of the shops in century square, decide on second thought not to buy anything, and have a quick bite before going home. Just a short walk away!
Maybe you should read the thread. "Free" parking in the garage is supposed to be for 30 min. only as you visit the retail establishments. Not meant for patrons going to one of the restaurants.

Quote:

So, have they started charging yet? I was thinking about going to try some places this afternoon while I'm in town.
My girlfriend and I went to Zoe's on Fri. evening. Our experience was exactly as described a few posts back: parking meters in place but not turned on and no "enforcement" in sight. Surprisingly, there were a lot of parking spots available, too.
4lilmonkeys
AggieBarstool said:

My girlfriend and I went to Zoe's on Fri. evening. Our experience was exactly as described a few posts back: parking meters in place but not turned on and no "enforcement" in sight. Surprisingly, there were a lot of parking spots available, too.

I was told this evening by a friend's daughter who is a hostess at Zoe's that THEY are not participating. She said she wasn't sure about the rest of the establishments, but they'd received a lot of complaints and they were not charging customers.
redd38
AG
AggieBarstool said:

Quote:

I didn't read all 7 pages, but there's a garage at northpoint crossing with free parking for "retail only." Pop in to one of the shops in century square, decide on second thought not to buy anything, and have a quick bite before going home. Just a short walk away!
Maybe you should read the thread. "Free" parking in the garage is supposed to be for 30 min. only as you visit the retail establishments. Not meant for patrons going to one of the restaurants.

They are seemingly talking about the parking garage at Northpoint Crossing, not the garage at Century Square.
Cyp0111
Century Square is not currently charging for parking.
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
Swarely said:

Was at Blaze & Hopdoddy last night and they were not charging for parking
Captn_Ag05
AG
I've had no issues with parking on my visits so far. Looks like we may have one this battle for now. This forum deserves a lot of credit for that. Nice work.
FlyRod
Thx for the updates. I have a lot of friends working at TAMU who still think the charges are in place and are still avoiding those businesses. Happy to pass this along.
MsC2012
AG
They will start charging when the garage is built from what I've been told and since it's A&M land their police will be writing the tickets
Cyp0111
I assume garage parking will be free? That is how they do it at CC.
MsC2012
AG
I'm not sure, I heard only the first 30 minutes but I don't think it's official.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

They will start charging when the garage is built from what I've been told and since it's A&M land their police will be writing the tickets
A&M Police don't write parking tickets on campus, why would they write tickets at Century Square? I doubt Transportation Services would either.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Speaking of Century Square, any word on opening dates for the announced tenants that haven't opened yet? Any word on new tenants?
Brandamne
I'm guessing the Theater has been delayed?
Captn_Ag05
AG
BrandonC said:

I'm guessing the Theater has been delayed?
I saw Century Square promoting it recently on social media as coming soon. But, no timeline was given. It seems like a lot of projects are taking longer than expected to open.
Cyp0111
They always do. Midway has always been overly confident in their construction timelines.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.