Outdoors
Sponsored by

Worlds Best Jerk Chicken

65,885 Views | 212 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Ornlu
Earp16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm gonna do the marinade tonight and grill tommorrow!
Earp16
AG
Wow, we just tasted the marinade and it had quite a kick to it!

Any suggestions on what to cook with it?

[This message has been edited by Earp16 (edited 6/20/2006 8:56p).]
Na Zdraví 87
AG
I will be trying this recipe this weekend!

Better be good AC!!!!!
Cowtown Red
or you can just go buy it at the jerk store.
AggieChemist
AG
When I saw the title of this thread I was about to bust out my recipe. Then I realized it WAS my recipe.
AgBrad08
Nice AC,

Im glad someone bumped this, I missed it the first time it came around. Sounds good, I need to give it a try.
JasonD2005
AG
Curious to know how the OP's turned out with all the fruit in it.
Log
AG
Tag.
schmendeler
AG
jerk pork>>>jerk chicken
BullSprig07
AG
I buy basil and some other produce from a farmer around Brenham (I'm a buyer for a produce distribution company in Houston). His main thing is home-grown chickens, sells direct to restaurants in town. He had some extras that I bought off of him a few weeks ago. Unbelievable, thich layer of YELLOW fat. Don't see that color fat in the factory farmed stuff.
The D
AG
Am making the marinade tonight.

I was going to add a little lime and orange, maybe a quarter of an orange and 1 lime, wanted to know if this will start cooking the chicken at all or if I should hold off on adding the acid
BusterAg
AG
My recipe is similar to ACs, except I put in some white vinegar, some clove and lime juice.

Sometimes, I make 2 batches: batch A is seeded; batch B is not seeded, and I add a crapload of paprika to make the marinade red to keep from mixing them up on the grill.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
ddp

[This message has been edited by Fishin Texas Aggie 05 (edited 10/25/2011 5:18p).]
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Am I the only one who doesn't giggle when you read the title
The D
AG
I'll let y'all know how it turns out. Made a few minor changes. Used half an onion instead of a whole one and added: the juice from a lime, about a quarter of an orange, and a T of brown sugar. Just wanted a little sweetness.

Smells pretty oniony but i bet it's Delish when cooked tomorrow.

Got some thighs, breasts, and a few legs marinating.
AggieChemist
AG
Those are huge changes. What you made is nothing like the recipe.
Furlock Bones
AG
well, i tried chemist's recipe only made 2 changes. went with 2 serranos and 6 habs. squeezed the juice of lime. i think i'll up that to 2 limes next time. i tasted the sauce prior cooking, and it was fiery hot. but, after cooking, the heat was way down. still too hot for the girls but us guys destroyed them.
fat rooster
AC's recipe makes some good chicken wings...
FIDO 96
AG
Cinemax, HBO After Dark, Spice, Playboy...oh wait, did you say chicken? I assumed you said channel....my bad!
The D
AG
This stuff was great, even though I didnt follow the recipe.
dmichalk
Any suggestions on how to cook it with pork? Gonna shoot a pig tonight so I'd like to use that if possible. Portion changes, parts of hog to use? Thanks
AggieChemist
AG
Would make a great chop marinade. Can't think how else you would use it. Don't think you'd get much out of it marinading a large butt/picnic/loin
Gator2_01
AG
W. O. W.

AC, this may be the best jerk marinade!

AG
I'm entering these in the local big green egg cook off next Saturday.
AggieChemist
AG
By the way, my new neighbor is from Jamaica and he says my recipe is authentic and that the fruity versions are just served in touristy places to American hausfraus. FWIW.
ATL Aggie
AG
I am trying this. Thanks for the bump, I missed it the first time around.
Furlock Bones
AG
AC,

I've made your recipe a bunch of times. always a hit.
FSGuide
I've made this a couple of times over the past few years. It's a crowd pleaser. And with the habanero's de-seeded its really not all that hot.
big1russ

Tried this tonight. Did it with boneless skinless thighs. I couldn't find habaneros in PA, so I used 8 jalapeños, 1 Serrano and a couple Anaheim peppers. I had to seed all of them so that my Yankee family could eat with me, but it tasted great. We had it with cilantro lime rice, grilled corn with herb infused butter, and honey glazed grilled pineapple. Very tasty.
Column
AG
quote:
I'm entering these in the local big green egg cook off next Saturday.

How'd it go?
AggieChemist
AG
It went well. I went through ten pounds and people were eating them faster than I could make em. Tons pf compliments and at least a dozen people told me mine were the best wings there. I didn't win... Probably because the judges were Yankees, fairies, or both.
The Catfish
AG
Can't stand ginger, any suggestions for subbing something else in or just leave it out all together?
Sewell
AG
Used AC's recipe tonight and made skewers with chicken breast & thigh, onion, and bell pepper. Then put on top of cilantro lime rice.
It was muy bueno. Will make again.
Thanks AC.
Signel
AG
I've made them a few times as well.. Boneless thighs are the best!

You don't taste the ginger as much as you'd think. It is really a unique flavor that is the sum of its parts, but nothing overpowers everything else (unless you leave all the seeds.)
AgsMnn
AG
Have these soaking tonight for tomorrow's grill over B&B Mesquite charcoal.

Do you add any salt or black pepper? Seemed and looked like a pesto sauce when input it in the chicken. Is this normal?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.