Outdoors
Sponsored by

Trump Shot at PA rally

24,713 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ATX_AG_08
Animal Eight 84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Note to self, never sit or stand near a presidential candidate.

Surprised SS didn't have ballistic shields available, had to use their hands to cover his head while moving.
Image countering a professional trained team vs just one lone guy, and only using hands.
Also seemed long to get his car moving to GTHO there.

Always never fails that people freeze and don't get off the X when shots are fired, instead of moving they stand and try to get a better look.
TheVarian
AG
nealan said:

Quick to capitalize on this situation …

Read/saw somewhere he's donating most of the proceeds from these shirts to the campaign
Breggy Popup
AG
Naveronski said:

Yeah, Matt already posted about it.

https://www.bunkerbranding.com/products/demolitia-t-shirt?variant=6807591190573

https://instagr.am/p/C9YthvPuybM

Did you see Kentucky Ballistics and Admin's replies?
Naveronski
Breggy Popup
AG
mpl35 said:

Texas 1836 said:

Breggy Popup said:

water turkey said:

That is amazing that it hit his ear and did not graze (or worse) his head. Man that was close.

If he hadn't turned his head right then he would be gone.

ETA: As far as your question, the guy crawled up the roof of a building. They couldn't see him until he peeked over the top.
Incorrect.

Evidently, several people in the crowd saw the shooter and were telling the police and secret service
The guy they interviewed on BBC said he didnt think the shooter was visible to LE or SS since he was on the backside of the roof but they were pointing him out and trying to get LE attention.

Correct. What kills me is like the guy said, there's only 6 buildings out there. Why the SS didn't even put locals on those buildings boggles my mind.
Aggie Dad 26
nealan said:

Trump jumps up with a fist pump lmao ! GOAT
MY President
FTAG 2000
AG
Breggy Popup said:

mpl35 said:

Texas 1836 said:

Breggy Popup said:

water turkey said:

That is amazing that it hit his ear and did not graze (or worse) his head. Man that was close.

ETA: As far as your question, the guy crawled up the roof of a building. They couldn't see him until he peeked over the top.
Incorrect.

Evidently, several people in the crowd saw the shooter and were telling the police and secret service
The guy they interviewed on BBC said he didnt think the shooter was visible to LE or SS since he was on the backside of the roof but they were pointing him out and trying to get LE attention.

Correct. What kills me is like the guy said, there's only 6 buildings out there. Why the SS didn't even put locals on those buildings boggles my mind.

Did you see the video of SS agent trying to holster her firearm after they got Trump in suv? Mayorkas and DHS ain't giving Trump their best.
Deerdude
We got affirmative action covered. Enjoyed watching the 5'6" blonde sheltering 6'5" Trump. That's the same mismatch thats an offensive coordinator's dream.

And 145 yds is a recreational shooters gravy shot. The shooter failed but the coverup was right on que.
lazuras_dc
AG
Texas 1836 said:

mpl35 said:

Texas 1836 said:

Breggy Popup said:

water turkey said:

Incorrect.

I didn't say anything different.

That shot was less than 200 yards away. It's criminal they didn't see him themselves. Heck, it's criminal that Secret Service was sitting on the roof when he got to it.
Anybody that's read what the Secret Service goes through preparing for events like this would have to be suspicious.

Are they still looking for this guy?

maddiedou
AG
Texas 1836 said:

mpl35 said:

Texas 1836 said:

Breggy Popup said:

water turkey said:

Incorrect.

I didn't say anything different.

That shot was less than 200 yards away. It's criminal they didn't see him themselves. Heck, it's criminal that Secret Service was sitting on the roof when he got to it.
Anybody that's read what the Secret Service goes through preparing for events like this would have to be suspicious.

From what has been reported The gunman was walking across the field and climb up the outside of the bldg and spectators were telling leo

Now if they were that incompetent I am just gladthe shooter did not decide to camp out the night before and would have beeen more patient and relaxed knowing he had not been seen or found
maddiedou
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
One would think that one of the two major presidential candidates would warrant the best available protective detail. As far as the agent that cannot effectively holster her gun, she either needs more training or be reassigned to the counterfeit currency investigations.
nealan
I didn't see this part. Link??
Naveronski
AG
He's not technically the nominee yet, nor do former presidents get the same level of security as sitting presidents.
techno-ag
AG
Naveronski said:

He's not technically the nominee yet, nor do former presidents get the same level of security as sitting presidents.

That obviously needs to change, especially for former Presidents who are running for President again. This was an egregious failure on the USSS. It's only by the grace of God Trump is still alive.
Gunny456
AG
mhnatt
At the time and location of the shooting, the wind was 3mph out of the west and the direction of the shot was due south (I looked the location up on Google Earth and used Vendusky for wind history of the exact spot).

A typical .223/NATO 556 bullet shot at an elevation of Butler (1,043ft) at 80 degrees temp, would drift no more than 1/3 inch at "140 yards" (my measurements show 155 yards).

1/3 inch wouldn't be a significant factor given the target was obviously a headshot of at least 24x that (8" head).

An inch or two would have been worse, but the lethally, the wind really didn't matter much at all.

This is in contrast to the JFK assassination which was twice that distance (and a moving target). But of course performed by a US Marine, not this hippy turd.

Now, "Let me get my shoe!"

CS78
Access to the best training and equipment available. But hesitation at the critical moment almost changed the future of the world.

water turkey
CS78 said:

Access to the best training and equipment available. But hesitation at the critical moment almost changed the future of the world.

So, all of this was playing out in front of the whole crowd and SS. Why did no one get Trump down or off stage at this point. They just let him continue his speech while a counter sniper team is engaging with a sniper right behind him?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
$1MM question….
CS78
Yeah, that's really the question. If there was a suspicious person, the word should have been given to duck and cover.
nealan
Ok I just saw the holster failure. Looks pretty elementary
CanyonAg77
AG
techno-ag said:

Naveronski said:

That obviously needs to change, especially for former Presidents who are running for President again. This was an egregious failure on the USSS. It's only by the grace of God Trump is still alive.

Officially, he is not the nominee. But anyone with an IQ above room temperature would know he will be. And they would also know the level of rhetoric means this will be a nasty year.

It's criminally negligent for them to fall back on a technicality, when they know what they should do.

It's not like they have five other candidates to protect as well
CanyonAg77
AG
mhnatt said:

A typical .223/NATO 556 bullet shot at an elevation of Butler (1,043ft) at 80 degrees temp, would drift no more than 1/3 inch at "140 yards" (my measurements show 155 yards

This is in contrast to the JFK assassination which was twice that distance (and a moving target). But of course performed by a US Marine, not this hippy turd.

According to your measurements, this was 155 yards, or 465 feet. JFK longest shot was 265 feet.

So JFK was half the distance, not twice
rancher1953
Why in the hell didn't they have someone on top of the roofs within the shooting range of President Trump. Those buildings no one should have ever been allowed near them. At the very least how about drones overhead of the buildings. Bad planning on the secret service detail team or did they get lax. I recall reading that in major cities they even weld the man hole covers shut.
CS78
I worked with secret service, concerning line of site on campus for multiple different visits. I can assure you, they would have never allowed someone in that position. The visits didn't always involve the president but the preparation for spouses and VPs was the same.

Trump, officially the nominee or not, was not being given the protection that he should have been.
Catag94
AG
water turkey said:

CS78 said:

So, all of this was playing out in front of the whole crowd and SS. Why did no one get Trump down or off stage at this point. They just let him continue his speech while a counter sniper team is engaging with a sniper right behind him?

Very good question.

Also, the counter sniper is either:
1) seeing the threat or 2) looking for the threat through his scope.
- Upon the first shots fired, the counter sniper flinches and then repositions his rifle what appears to be a few inches.

A lot about this screams ameture security!
lazuras_dc
AG
Starting this now but sounds like might clue in some answers

Larry S Ross
AG
When President Bush spoke at the RNC at the astrodome our building located at Grenbriar and OST about a 1/2 mile from dome SS came over and made us get our workers off the building scaffolding where they were working on the exterior. It was a 10 story building.
How a building as close as that one yesterday was not secured is beyond me. Something stinks.
Good Day.
Eliminatus
AG

Thought this was interesting. I don't care about the meme itself and have no comment on it but it's the most clear large pic of the female agent I could find. She is running a stock G19 with TLR7 and no optics. Does anyone else think that is just a lil odd? I guess I expected a lil bit more for someone who is expected to treat it as a primary. I know the Air Marshals have their reputation for handgun proficiency and standards but I guess I expected the USSS to have adapted that extra little edge that an RDS can provide in fast moving situation. A duty gun is a duty gun for a reason and the setup is a damn fine one mind you, but again, just expected all would be equipped with RDS's at this point.
water turkey

Mas89
AG
This is what the DEI program brings. Damn miracle she didn't shoot her foot or someone else's.

Think she can run a 6 minute mile?
mhnatt
Biden's Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle:

Her goal of 30% female agents by 2030.
INOX
This is how the secret service handled the Buckwheat shooting.

DiskoTroop
mhnatt said:

Biden's Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle:

Her goal of 30% female agents by 2030.

Gender based quotas are ridiculous.
TikkaShooter
Do you have daughters?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.